Sign in to follow this  
Zendjir

how to set the skill of the player

We all know that when AI have a low skill setting their aim is terrible and they are horrible at spotting anything. The player however is unaffected by this "skill" setting, as the game automatically sets it to 1 (expert), the highest setting. I tested this.

How can I stop this autosetting of the skill variable for the player? I want my aim to be wobbly (sp?) when I'm playing a rookie, and solid when I'm playing a highly skilled sniper.

Thats not a skill level setting that controls gun drift.

If you want gun drift set your dammage to .2

We all know that when AI have a low skill setting their aim is terrible and they are horrible at spotting anything. The player however is unaffected by this "skill" setting, as the game automatically sets it to 1 (expert), the highest setting. I tested this.

How can I stop this autosetting of the skill variable for the player? I want my aim to be wobbly (sp?) when I'm playing a rookie, and solid when I'm playing a highly skilled sniper.

It doesn't work like that. AI skill has no effect on the player because the player has manual control over their unit. Skill only refers to the AI's automated use of these things that the player does manually (aiming, spotting, etc... all of these manually done by the player, and the AI skill for these only compensates for the lack of a human behind the controls). Skill has no physical effects on the unit, only the AI's control of it, so for player controlled units it simply has nothing to apply to. So as Op4 BuhBye said, even if you did change the player's skill it wouldn't do crap.

You have a valid point. However, there is atleast one setting 'aimingshake' that could also be applied to a player character. But to make this work would probably mean alot of modding. I think I'll go for Op4BuhBye's suggestion of setting damage to 0.1 or higher. The downside of this method is that the player will be killed more easily. I think an eventhandler 'hit' workaround would be in order to solve that.