Sign in to follow this  
CameronMcDonald

1st Infantry Division

Nice work! that ugly seam on the automatic riflemans helmet can be improved by shifting the helmet up about 10 pixels in the _nohq & _co paa's.

OK, they're done - I'll be uploading tomorrow sometime. Just so you know, ColonelSandersLite has something very pleasant up his sleeve for you all...

...and to Knight, I've started work on your request. wink_o.gif

Excellent work Cameron! Can't wait for the update. Thanks for taking the time to produce these units.

I was wondering if you were planning on releasing some US Army Special Forces units in ACU to compliment these 1st Infantry Division soldiers?

Excellent work Cameron!  Can't wait for the update.  Thanks for taking the time to produce these units.

I was wondering if you were planning on releasing some US Army Special Forces units in ACU to compliment these 1st Infantry Division soldiers?

I have some ready-made in BDUs that, if you want, I can PM to you. They are organized by MOS and role, such as 18A is the Detachment Commander and an 18B is a Weapons Sergeant and so on.

Yeah, now that it's possible to differentiate between SF and regs (thanks to the Protec in v1.07) I'll be throwing some ODA operators in there, most likely in the near future. I've already retex'd their gear, all that needs to be done is config and model work. Simple.

Sounds great CMcD, please keep em coming!

No problem. I've tested them with v1.07, no problems there (except that crappy oversaturation when you look into the sun, turning the ACU almost black). Glad you like them, guys. I'll have the ODA operators included very soon... they look quite cool.  wink_o.gif

EDIT -

*** IMPORTANT ***

1st post updated... again!

A very good friend of mine, ColonelSandersLite, has been kind and legendary enough to release a little package which replaces the standard BIS units with my 1ID ACU troops (excepting the SF blokes, which will be in the next release). For complete instructions, please refer to the included readme.

- Finally, ArmA with somewhat milspec ACU!

Downloading now, and based on earlier screenshots looks really good.

Am I the only one who thinks the new helmets for the SF soldiers are lame? I mean..they stopped using things like that years ago, and even if they're the helmets worn during HALO operations, well..they still pack  a regular helmet and take off the damn light one. I dunno..I'm not SF, but I'm SOF and we don't wear anything like those hockey helmets.

edit*

They bear a slight resemblence tio the helmets the ODA we're attached to uses, maybe I'm not seeing it well because our guys have covers. I dunno.

Wow...thanks Cameron and ColonelSandersLite!  Outstanding work!

GD Mast

Sweet, downloading now thanks for the hard work Cameron. Glad to hear about the new ODA guys in the future. Oh and ColonelSanders, you read my mind. Nice going with the replacement idea. Thanks!

how does the Modern Warfare Mod wwork with 1.07? any problems there....

I hope this mod increases armor values

1.07 works fine with the latest version of Predator's mod.

@Jblack - you mean ColonelSander's mod?

Yeah, all 3 work together.

In fact, here's my current command line wink_o.gif.

C:\games\arma\beta\arma.exe -nosplash -world=Sara -profiles=C:\games\arma -mod=@ModWarSound;@FRZ_EAST_INF_REPLACEMENTS;@CMCD_1ID_US_INF_REPLACEMENTS;@EBD_US_SF_REPLACEME

NTS;@RLK_RACS_WOODLAND_REPLACEMENTS;@CSL_UI_MOD;beta

Some of those are custom and not publicly available, but it should give you an idea as to how high compatibility is between properly written focused mods.

OK guys, I've also finished working on a very small project of mine that was requested by one of our new members here at the forums.

He asked for some 101st Airborne units, specifically from the 502nd Regiment. I've just finished them; because I can't change the models, they're basically just my 1ID addon, except with 101st patches and 502nd ACH patches and normal maps, just so you all don't get your hopes up.

I've made them into a separate addon from my 1ID blokes, so now if you desire, you can have the infantry and airborne working cooperatively, and I've removed the crewman from the airborne troops, seeing as the 101st doesn't get any attached armour.

That said, in real life you probably wouldn't be able to tell 101st blokes from 1st blokes if they took their shoulder IDs off... right?

They'll be up tomorrow or Monday - here's a coupla pics:

101AB.jpg

101AB2.jpg

I've also fixed one minor bug - the outline of the USFIR patch on the officer's cap has been removed (thanks to surpher).

ODA troops will be my next target, heheh!

Quote[/b] ]They'll be up tomorrow or Monday...

I can't upload from my gaming computer, unfortunately.  biggrin_o.gif  Gimme 24 hours.

Looks great - please keep the units coming! yay.gif

The 506th has the spade, 502nd the heart, 327th the club and the 187th has a torri. The 187th brought that design from the pacific theater which is where they were in WWII.

Knight31

BTW Cam THOSE LOOK GREAT!