Sign in to follow this  
CameronMcDonald

1st Infantry Division

how do i change the defualt skin to this one?

in my arma folder it has edition folders

addons

mission

saved

and some configs

arma.cfg

Ramzie.arma profile

I delete that profile and yet it is still there.

some folders i put like addons and some other folders in -arma other profiles-

Is this a vista promblem that not all the folders are visable. i cant even get to the defualt missions.

thanks alot cam when can we expect an update?

u should try and make the ACU color fit, because right now the vests and the rests of the cam's are both different shades, with the vest looking purplish....sorry to be such a bug, thanks for your hard work

Quote[/b] ]these soldiers seem to "glow" - this is an ArmA engine bug.

Noticed this effect too while texturing models. Light browns, yellows and greens are easily over bright when put into game. You have to make textures somewhat darker than one would at first assume, must be the high dynamic range lighting system.

I like it. Don't know about the performance of this stuff, but I like it smile_o.gif

Any plans on new models when the model tools are out?

Yeah mate, definitely - the current models blow chunks. I'll be (hopefully) adding the new IOTV, all the armour addons you could possibly imagine, racks etc etc ad infinitum.

Still working on modulating the ACU brightness, making some progress. I'll throw up a pic or two when I get time.

It will be perfect to make almost authentic soldier model, with ACU and all stuff when model tools come out. smile_o.gif

Like on the pictures posted by Rustman. smile_o.gif

Like I said, that's the plan.

Anyway, I have just fixed the gear snaps + straps colourwise, and ACU-greyed the FSBE/ACH helmet straps.

Also, I've darkened the ACU a bit. Tell me if this is too dark or still too light. I think it looks better than v1, but I'm still getting a very small amount of washout at 1200hrs.

ACU Mk2

(Yes, that's me on the right)

That's much better.

In real life you should notice a pretty sharp contrast between the darkest color and the lightest color at short to medium distances. At far away, the colors blend together into a greenish tan. In ArmA, it blends into a whitish grey at distances though.. which sucks icon_rolleyes.gif

What I've found so far is that ACU's work perfectly (better than BDU's) in anything but thick, summer forests. Dirt with small bits of grass, wheat fields, rocks, urban environments, or just about anything. They also work very well in winter, spring, or fall. Kinda annoys me when the ACU's get flamed for not blending into huge green forests in the summertime. What are the honest chances of fighting in that? That's one season out of four, and ACU's have BDU's beat on the rest.

Here's a picture of me and some guys in my platoon after AIT (infantry training) a couple summers ago. These ACU's were worn HEAVILY for three months straight, and pretty much epitomize the worst of fading and discoloration after time. Notice how the dirt helps to blend in; same goes for any environment.

http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/7312/army31lj4.jpg

Anyway, sorry for the OT - which one are you, Majoris? I'm guessing 2nd from the right, with fishbowl.

Anyway, I'll keep experimenting with the shade - thanks for the comments.

The darkened bit looks quite a bit better, and forgive me, but I love my BDUs and DCUs. Fortunately, we wear whatever we want on deployments now.

Cam these have a come a long way, congrats and thank you.

I guess the only thing I was trying to critique was that the vest pattern should pretty much look like the rest of the uniform, that's all, thanks for hard work, keep it up.

When can we expect a release?

Nope, far left. Heavy piece of garbage I had to carry. notworthy.gif

Ah well, I was close...ish. Nice Bravo.

I think I've found the solution to Jblack's problem.

The issue is when I match the vests to the rest of the uniform, since that's already dusted up, the whitish parts of the ACU turn a bright yellow in the shade, and that doesn't look too good.

I solved this by adding the totally-dusted vest over the clean vest and then deleting the dusty layer from the clean one in areas where I wouldn't expect any dirt to be, like the shoulders and upper back. I also added some dirt to the IBAs to make them blend in a bit more. I think the overall effect works well, especially if you compare the clean ACU shade to the clean pattern of the BIS textures (which is located on the arms, the rest of the uniform is dirty as). Here's a pic highlighting the v0.02 IBAs.

IBA Mk2

I also threw a bit of dirt onto the MOLLE pouches, though not much. Opinions welcome.

Looks fantastic in my opinion! smile_o.gifnotworthy.gif

Yeap, looks good =)

Can't wait to see a new version of these units.

Hey all - another pic I did tonight, happy that I got the top'o'ACH IR patch normal maps done.

v0.02

The boys are about ready to go, I'm just curious about adding a unit patch to the sides of the ACH in one or two units to mix things up a little bit more than they are currently. What do y'all think?

Great job man that new v0.02 ACU patters is awesome, and yes that should be BIS Standard!! wink_o.gif

im using your ACU pattern for my racs soldiers and for my blufor guys the Jonnys USMC v1.3 woodland marpat pattern xmas_o.gif

Awesome work on these units Cameron. IMHO a huge improvement over the default US inf (one can only imagine what you'd be able to do with the mod tools wink_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif.)

BTW does anyone happen to know of any co-op missions that utilise these troops? (with/without McNools Desert vehicle packs)

From what I can tell all the missions in the user missions forums dont use addons at all which is a bit disappointing considering the quality of these units (aswell as others such as McNools des vehicle packs, Ebud's SF etc.)

Just need to add some ACH patches, gimme a day or two. Latest will be 5pm AEST tomorrow. wink_o.gif My latest delay is due to assignment work, got 3 due within 9 days, and I'm a last-minute-man.

Thanks for the comments.

@Elite Seal - not so sure about coop, but I'm working on a mission for these units at the moment. It's currently only single player, but I may have to make a co-op level to get you all happy. smile_o.gif

Fantastic work Cameron!  thumbs-up.gif Do you know of anyone who could make the M-24 with the an/pvs-10 night vision sniper scope?  That would be a great addition.

GD Mast