Sign in to follow this  
CameronMcDonald

1st Infantry Division

What's sad to is the fact that they take on the name and persona of the 75th. It makes me sick to think that half of these places take on names of units where real men laid down their lives and brought honor in every sense of the word to their unit only to get sh*t-smeared like that by little dishonest, dishonorable people.

If they embodied the values and honor of the unit they took on, this wouldn't have happened because they would have made sure their members were both talented and honorable enough not to need to resort to stealing others work.

When you really think about all the blood, sweat and tears put into their history and for what?...use a name that has earned their honor only to risk being dishonored by little keyboard turdlings who can't even blow their own nose without stealing someone else's tissues?

Hey  Betsalel did you not know Armed assult is a "GAME"? That means it's not real! Fancy linking the fact someone as "allegedly" used another persons addon with the words you wrote!!  By the way i am not condoning passing off someone elses work as their own is alright,it clearly isn't. But to write like you did is pathetic.It's an addon for a GAME

This kind of thing will never end, and it's a shame to see.

Alot of people would rather try and rush to the community applause and thank you's rather than having the simple respect to ask to use things that other people spent there time doing. It's all about the e-peen baby.

I thought i had a similar problem resolved, but they still use them, and even though they look like crap in arma, so therefore i leave it now. But still kinda frustrating seeing someone else credited to it.

(just so you know i haven't looked into this one so i'm not taking sides, just a general opinion about these kinda things)

goodnight.gif

[Edit] Just not worth my time, and do not wish to turn the thread into a discussion for anything else other than Cam's fantastic work.

If you follow cam's advice above, the similarity is striking. In fact, to use the word "similarity" is an understatement. I want to give the benefit of the doubt to the 75th, but if you follow Cam's instructions below its clear that the 75th version borrows significantly from Cam's.

Having had similar things happen to my work before, all I can say Cam is that I know how you feel. I really do. And to be honest, its the shittiest feeling in the world. In the end, in my situation, it all got sorted out and now I even help the team that was involved - we're all good mates. So I'm sure this will get sorted out.

LOL I love the note.

Quote[/b] ]

All textures, were completed from scratch, some may be similar to those of the 1st ID units that have already been released.

rofl.gif

Well this kind of thing happens often, don't let it bother you smile_o.gif

It's just another credit whore...

Well there could be more to it of course, but often there isn't confused_o.gif

Jesus christ you all are making this flag shit so difficult. If the soldiers are "in country" in iraq or afghanistan give them the god damn BLACK AND WHITE IR flags. And for you dummies In country does not mean the U.S. Its a term used for being in theater. Now I'm sure in the early years in this war some units had full colored cloth flags. But as of now everyones got IR flags en less your in an ate the fuck up unit. Hell my units SOP, we even wore IR flags to NTC.

Man, all of this could of been avoided if someone just sent Cameron a PM and asked him if they could use his textures in an addon that they were making.

I think the time for everyone else to bow out has come.

It's just a crossing of good and evil e-peen's and will be sorted out in due course by the two guys involved. It's happened to the majority of addon makers i know.

Best of luck with it Cam goodnight.gif

Quote[/b] ]It's happened to the majority of addon makers i know.

so//

i think all of us agree what is it really sad and shame problem//

and i think everyone ready to say for you our some support words))

//on previous page i really whant to know about you update plans instead of about him's or someone else))

//personally by myself i think that yours 1st inf units is really best and obviously large and heavy job

well) what about you plans??)

--

just has forgotten

--

sorry my engliz))

*** EDIT *** I have come to an agreement with the party involved. It should be known that the content in question was, in no way, copied out of any malicious intent, rather it was a mistake born of inexperience. That should solve the matter (perhaps the Armaholic thread can be locked now?).

Pictures of my latest permutations should be around this time tomorrow AEST - I've got an exam to study for. smile_o.gif

Cameron you should come down from your high horse mate! I have over the years asked questions to your threads in the O,F,P forum and i get the impression you think your some kind of god. P.s don't take this personaly remember it's only a GAME!!

And I think you should get off of your stance of it being just a game. When somebody creates something and then somebody else copies it and claims he made it, it is a very big thing. Intelectual theft is no small thing, plagiarism is no small thing. In the modding world all you have is credits, so when somebody claims them for your work, you naturally get upset.

Now as for the rangers vs cameron, the PSDs he posted are a complete match. As for the ones in the armaholic forum, the differ, so we'll see later on.

My wild guess is that the ones that were uploaded to Armaholic were a version he made using cams stuff, instead of his own personal version.

Cameron you should come down from your high horse mate! I have over the years asked questions to your threads in the O,F,P forum and i get the impression you think your some kind of god. P.s don't take this personaly remember it's only a GAME!!

It would appear you do not realize the fact that intellectual property exists, even in the virtual world.

It would appear you do not realize the fact that intellectual property exists, even in the virtual world.

Right on!

And if nobody got their knickers in a twist once in a while we would get bored, now wouldn't we?

Information wants to be free, and all that...

People shouldn't steal other peoples stuff, thats only fair. But my hats are off to those addonmakers who release their crap for everyone to use and and abuse as they see fit - helps new people immensely when they can reverse engineer a finished product.

[sarcasm]Who ever expressively SAID we need new people  tounge2.gif[/sarcasm]

People would be allowed to use Cameron's intellectual property, had they only bothered to ASK.

Right on!

And if nobody got their knickers in a twist once in a while we would get bored, now wouldn't we?

Information wants to be free, and all that...

People shouldn't steal other peoples stuff, thats only fair. But my hats are off to those addonmakers who release their crap for everyone to use and and abuse as they see fit - helps new people immensely when they can reverse engineer a finished product.

What people seemed to have overlooked in the middle of all this is that I actually do let people use my work, provided they ask me first.

Has anyone taken a close look at aadvarkdb's Special Forces? Tell me, which ACU textures do they use?

Just today I gave permission for another member to use my textures (he wrote in this thread just recently).

I'm all for helping people who haven't got the time to make detailed textures. It's simple:

I get asked. I give permission where I can (I usually decline where it's originally other people's work, such as models, and even then I usually inform people that if they ask the owner and get permission, I'll gladly provide materials).

I don't get asked. I get irritated and go headhunting. All I ask is for credit and a mention in the readme.

It's not rocketscience, people. And I apologise for coming across as "some kind of god" - I was actually under the impression I was just enthusiastic and zealous about my work here. crazy_o.gif

Don't worry mate, I haven't overlooked anything.

Gotta love the "it's just a game" justification. Some people just can't pull their heads out of their asses and see the bigger picture.

Anyways, Cam I'm glad to hear things are being worked out and you can get back to doing what you are great at doing. Btw--good luck on that exam of yours. thumbs-up.gif

what i really didn't like with this whole thing is how some people responded, and bashed that 75th lad, before they had any neutral information about what happened. This was pure prejudice.

I don't critcise Cameron, who had all right to cry out loud as the potential victim, and who deserves respect for settling the issue rather quickly.

But some people already got started after the first allegations were posted. Regardless if those allegations are true, as in this case, unrelated mustn't condemn someone based on this. Faster than you think it could happen that you start to condemn people who are presented by police, attorneys or the media as criminals. All groups who, in such cases, always are highly dangerous to trust. Most of us live in countries where we can look back to our history to see whereto such a behaviour can lead us.

widget_c8fxAnl6nmH73bBu8whgzY.jpg

Yeah, I mean heaven forbid someone should speak out against an online clan or its members.....could lead to another Holocaust or WW3.

Could I have been a little too rough? Sure, absolutely and I can be a humble human being and man enough to admit being a bit too rough and apologize for it to both sides. After all, we are all human with the ability to better ourselves. If I make a mistake--I'm not going to be a stubborn little child full of selfish pride to refuse to admit to any and all mistakes and ask forgiveness to any person(s) wronged in the process whenever the occasion arises. I've taken part in 3 full blown virtual groups over the course of 6-7 years and know well how one individual can reflect on the rest of the "family" at times. While I could have said things a bit better and came off unfortunately as an arrogant little prick, I still stand by a good deal of my words.

But at any rate, whether one agrees or not, the situation has been taken care of and we can all move on and get things back to the normal way of working--on bettering Armed Assault with great addons and showing our utmost appreciation to all those who give up their free time to provide them freely to us to use and have fun with. No need to deliberately keep poking things and steering the thread elsewhere.  That would be unfair to Cam who I am sure wants things to get back to normal. I think we should all respect that and do the same--myself included. So I will refrain from further remarking on the situation as its done and over with. It's the least we can do for someone who has worked so hard on giving us some fantastic models to enjoy in Armed Assault, no?

Oh Mighty GOD of Textures...We are not worthy...

notworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

Seriously though, I've always found you a genuine an often humble guy..Still a Texture GOD though...lol. Good luck tomorrow Cam, and thanks again for your constant effort with these great units!

Best Wishes

Sound Jebus wink_o.gif