Sign in to follow this  
CameronMcDonald

1st Infantry Division

full colored cloth are NOT allowed!!!

Actually, yes they are. Both full-cloured cloth and subdued infared flags are allowed.

The banned flags are the full-coloured infared flags and subdued cloth flags.

Are you in the 1st ID? How do you know they are allowed? Well these soldiers are to depict combat deployed soldiers. So no color flags are not authorized, nor are they really used.

From wikipedia:

Quote[/b] ]There are currently only three authorized flags for wear with the ACU: Full-Color Cloth, Full-Color IR, and Subdued IR. The subdued cloth flag is not authorized for wear on the ACU.

Here's the link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Army_Combat_Uniform

I don't know how accurate it is, but at least it's a neutral third party making these claims.

Navy-Dude, I don't want to sound contradictory here, but since we're all going for the same level of realism, I just want to make some clarifications. The information that I found said that the full color cloth, full color IR and subdued IR are allowed. But you're saying the full color IR are not.

I'm not a military man myself, so I'm curious about where you are getting your information. If there are better sources of information out there, I'd like to be able to utilize them for my own uses. Thanks in advance for the clarification. biggrin_o.gif

Thanks for those links Manzilla, problem is they're quite the ambiguous.

Quote[/b] ]5R. U.S. FLAG INSIGNIA - THE U.S. FLAG INSIGNIA (FULL COLOR OR SUBDUED) IS WORN ON THE RIGHT SHOULDER POCKET FLAP OF THE ACU COAT. THE FLAG INSIGNIA IS PLACED DIRECTLY ON TOP OF THE HOOK AND LOOP-FACED PAD ALREADY PROVIDED WITH THE ACU COAT SHOULDER POCKET FLAP. THE SUBDUED U.S. FLAG INSIGNIA IS WORN AS DIRECTED BY THE COMMANDER UNDER TACTICAL OR FIELD CONDITIONS.

Fail. crazy_o.gif So I'm guessing it depends on who's "the commander," eh? biggrin_o.gif

Thanks for those links Manzilla, problem is they're quite the ambiguous.
Quote[/b] ]5R. U.S. FLAG INSIGNIA - THE U.S. FLAG INSIGNIA (FULL COLOR OR SUBDUED) IS WORN ON THE RIGHT SHOULDER POCKET FLAP OF THE ACU COAT. THE FLAG INSIGNIA IS PLACED DIRECTLY ON TOP OF THE HOOK AND LOOP-FACED PAD ALREADY PROVIDED WITH THE ACU COAT SHOULDER POCKET FLAP. THE SUBDUED U.S. FLAG INSIGNIA IS WORN AS DIRECTED BY THE COMMANDER UNDER TACTICAL OR FIELD CONDITIONS.

Fail. crazy_o.gif So I'm guessing it depends on who's "the commander," eh? biggrin_o.gif

Well I personally am just trying to give you some accurate 1st ID info.

there is actually a field directive that all soldiers assingned to CENTCOM area of operations will wear subdued IR flag while in theatre....... at least thats what we were told when we deployed. Full color cloth flag is only worn in garrison.

Full color IR flag is not permitted here... at all.

Make some tidy garrison units with full color flag for public relations and parade, the others in dirty combat ACU with subdued flag. wink_o.gif

In this case, you and the Armed Assault community are the Commander(s). biggrin_o.gif

I second that. As it is, it seems the full-color cloth and subdued IR are the only two that everyone agrees are in use right now. Those are the ones I would go with, personally. But ultimately, they're your models so have fun with them. biggrin_o.gif

I was gonna mention this to you, Cam, but I didn't want to bring on undo treatment if I was wrong.

My knowledge is limited in this instance but it seems pretty obvious they are yours.

If so, that's a shame that was done.

I cant check my mail at work but I do read those forums smile_o.gif

You know, its really funny.

The author of that addon has assured me he has made it himself, he assured me 100%. He told me he worked on it for 4 months.

Now, lets see how this turned out, I am getting more annoyed each time this happens.

Anyway, link disabled until this is sorted!

what makes you so sure about it?

same file checksum?

This is a dang shame....Why do people think they can steal stuff and get away with it..its a visual medium ffs...

On a more positive note, well done mate these units are a sheer joy to look at !! Also I'd like to thankyou for the great effort your making in getting them as realistic as possible.

I wish you the greatest success mate and hope this 'issue' gets resolved soon...

Best Regards

Mark XIII

It's pathetic. Time and time again this happens and I just can't wrap my brain around the fact that it only takes a minute or two to sit down and write someone for permission and yet they choose to steal. Then to parade it out in the open and thinking they won't be caught? That's just adding insult to injury.

What's sad to is the fact that they take on the name and persona of the 75th. It makes me sick to think that half of these places take on names of units where real men laid down their lives and brought honor in every sense of the word to their unit only to get sh*t-smeared like that by little dishonest, dishonorable people. And by having such people and not making haste to correct the error, they should all feel a deep sense of shame as their credibility and dignity isn't worth the toilet paper to wipe the ass of a morbidly obese gorilla's ass now.

If they embodied the values and honor of the unit they took on, this wouldn't have happened because they would have made sure their members were both talented and honorable enough not to need to resort to stealing others work.

Well that's my feelings anyway about it. That's why I do not like to start yet another squad using a real-life unit nowadays. When you really think about all the blood, sweat and tears put into their history and for what?...use a name that has earned their honor only to risk being dishonored by little keyboard turdlings who can't even blow their own nose without stealing someone else's tissues?

Don't worry Cam, you can count on the full support of the community. I'll go get the pitchforks and lanterns so we can chase 'em around like Frankenstein. Who's with me!?! pistols.gif

<runs after them naked toting a plastic deer head and blowing a kazoo> "woogie woogie woogie woogie woogie!"

what makes you so sure about it?

same file checksum?

If the colours were altered as was alleged, then the respective checksums would differ.