Sign in to follow this  
CameronMcDonald

1st Infantry Division

Good looking models. These have been needed for sometime, the BIS ACU just looked wrong.

A couple things I noticed, that is if you're still going to be updating them.

1: The lenses on the goggles are actually "lit up" at night, with NODs on they appear glowing, and with them off, even in total darkness, the lenses appear to be "lit."

2: The ear portions of the ACH flare outwards at the bottom edge, just a tiny bit too much, when viewed from straight on. (I don't know how else to explain it, sorry if that's confusing.)

3: Not a big thing, but when soldiers look around, their IOTV Velcro loop patch seems to move slightly under the stationary rank tab.

I'm not knocking them, they're probably the best player models ever made for ArmA. Just noting a couple tiny things I've seen for future review.

Nice pic Mr Burns, but some discrepancies (not your fault, just noticed these):

- Rank tab on IBA too big

- 1ID patch is no longer red, it was put out last year that the red patch contravened AR 670-1, so no, it's subdued black ACU patch (bunch of haters if you ask me, but you need a scan?) for the ACU, and the red/green non-subdued is only for Class A's.

That's messed up. It's like the changes coming out for the "new" Class As that completely take away from Airborne/Special Forces/Rangers.

Yeah that ruling came out April-May timeframe, so it's nothing new. Matter of fact when I reported here I had double red, feeling all hooah, then they broke the news sad_o.gif

Yeah that ruling came out April-May timeframe, so it's nothing new. Matter of fact when I reported here I had double red, feeling all hooah, then they broke the news sad_o.gif

Yeah. My first unit lost it's Airborne tab last year and became a leg unit.

Ugh, I hate the new Class A's that are coming out.

Well compared to the puke green I'd say it's a step up, I mean the Marines can't be the only ones that look sharp wink_o.gif

Nice pic Mr Burns, but some discrepancies (not your fault, just noticed these):

- Rank tab on IBA too big

- 1ID patch is no longer red, it was put out last year that the red patch contravened AR 670-1, so no, it's subdued black ACU patch (bunch of haters if you ask me, but you need a scan?) for the ACU, and the red/green non-subdued is only for Class A's.

That's messed up. It's like the changes coming out for the "new" Class As that completely take away from Airborne/Special Forces/Rangers.

could be worse.... i am stuck in an "Airborne" unit and have not jumped in 5 years damn near every one of my soldeirs rode a helicopter for the first time leaving BIAP for our FOB

Well compared to the puke green I'd say it's a step up, I mean the Marines can't be the only ones that look sharp wink_o.gif

Yeah, except here's what they take away from us:

-Jumpboots

-Berets for NCOs and officers

-Unit insignia

-Jumpwing backing (oval)

And i think a couple of other things, that I have forgotten.

Quote[/b] ]could be worse.... i am stuck in an "Airborne" unit and have not jumped in 5 years damn near every one of my soldeirs rode a helicopter for the first time leaving BIAP for our FOB

That's almost criminal. 82nd has entire battalions of legs, mostly the aviation and STB guys.

I also wanted to point out an annoying bug where if you turn out of the commander hatch on the abrams and look down the M2's iron sights your vision is blocked by a piece of gear.

-Jumpboots

-Unit insignia

-Jumpwing backing (oval)

Quote[/b] ]could be worse.... i am stuck in an "Airborne" unit and have not jumped in 5 years damn near every one of my soldeirs rode a helicopter for the first time leaving BIAP for our FOB

That's almost criminal. 82nd has entire battalions of legs, mostly the aviation and STB guys.

Hehe well the best thing is that you can at least wear it on your ERB biggrin_o.gif

But what do the Privates get then if only NCOs and Officers wear berets? The old Garrison Cap?

But the Aviation guys.... I don't knock too much.  They may be "leg" but a gun run from an Apache may save the day smile_o.gif

Great looking units you've got there cameron. We only need SF's anymore.

Oh, and is there a replacement config available for these units?  huh.gif  huh.gif  huh.gif

LMAO rofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gif

I thought you also kept the collar of the vest I made? I'm only posting here because I assume your mailbox is full... plus, when you reply in the negative, it gives your forum public a chance to see how little I actually do.

Basking in your reflected glory,

aka Theo.

Hey NSX or anyone else who knows the answer to this question? I've got my settings turned all the way up, but I can't get my units to look as good as in your guys screenshots....how do you do that?

....how do you do that?

Photoshop yay.gif

And nvidia 'Digital Vibrance' to some extent.

Does dig vibrance work in game or is that only for photos?

Applies for ingame .. although it sometimes looks very candy´ish.

Does dig vibrance work in game or is that only for photos?

Applies for ingame .. although it sometimes looks very candy´ish.

Damn, I just tried it and set it to 70% or so, it makes ArmA look much more alive.

Thanks I'm gonna try this when I get home!

Whats wrong with putting it up to 100? I figured more is better no?

Thanks I'm gonna try this when I get home!

Whats wrong with putting it up to 100? I figured more is better no?

If you put it too high it makes the colors look like super tropical (rather than saying candy-ish).

In other words, it makes everything look like an bright, artificial rainbow (not good).

Oh so 70% looks really nice I assume then? Is it hard to set up or is it pretty explanatory.

Oh so 70% looks really nice I assume then? Is it hard to set up or is it pretty explanatory.

You drag a slider and it changes the visuals as you drag it. When you get what you want you click the "Apply" button.

-Jumpboots

-Unit insignia

-Jumpwing backing (oval)

Hehe well the best thing is that you can at least wear it on your ERB biggrin_o.gif

But what do the Privates get then if only NCOs and Officers wear berets? The old Garrison Cap?

But the Aviation guys.... I don't knock too much. They may be "leg" but a gun run from an Apache may save the day smile_o.gif

No, get this...E-4 and below get berets of their respective color, except the Green which will then no longer be found on the Class-A uniform.

*edit*

I was saying the NCO's and Officers lose their berets. Instead, it's ye Olde Cap as seen in ancient days of yore. Not the garrison cap, but the full high hat thing, I don't know what it's called

Ive noticed when using these units(+replacement), that the aircraft hud does line up with the gun reticule. Its further down. Most noticable with A-10, since it goes below the window view.

-Jumpboots

-Unit insignia

-Jumpwing backing (oval)

But the Aviation guys.... I don't knock too much.  They may be "leg" but a gun run from an Apache may save the day smile_o.gif

No, get this...E-4 and below get berets of their respective color, except the Green which will then no longer be found on the Class-A  uniform.

*edit*

I was saying the NCO's and Officers lose their berets. Instead, it's ye Olde Cap as seen in ancient days of yore. Not the garrison cap, but the full high hat thing, I don't know what it's called

stupid campaign hat...... would you like a picture of mine......