Sign in to follow this  
CameronMcDonald

1st Infantry Division

I've had them in a mission editor for a couple of minutes, they look great, but just a few extremly minor things jumped out at me immediately.

This is the unit insignia of the 18th Airborne Corps, it should have an airborne tab over it. For reference, the right sleeve of my class A jacket.

cam2ks4.jpg

18thcorpsqp5.jpg

This is the insignia of the 10th Mtn Divison, nothing major, but the patch and tab are out of proportion a little bit.

cam1rl5.jpg

10id.jpg

And finally, the 25th Inf Division. THe only problem here is that it's just too large. The patch itself isn't that big, actually it's one of the smallest.

cam3uy8.jpg

Other than those things, I haven't seen anything that was glaringly obvious. Good release, congratulations, Cam.

one othe thing is int he AO all personnel are required to wear thier IR flag on the right shoulder....no colored flags in theater (or at least supposed to be)

I also noticed some small transprency issues with the glasses on the troops. One pair looks solid and cant be seen through, and all of the pairs have the ability to look through the hull of a vehicle (i noticed this when looking at someone sitting next to me in a blackhawk).

During a night mission in Iraq, one of the soldiers had a strange white glowing thing about the size of the goggles on the front of the soldiers helmet.

Hey those units are AWESOME Cam.....great job!!!

They just give ARMA a very new complete different look... biggrin_o.gif

Hey without you guys, i would have already dumped arma.... whistle.gif

Again cam, great work, and thanks for having worked so hard on those beauties..... wink_o.gif  was worth the long wait... biggrin_o.gif

Will there be a replacment pack to replace these new units with the BIS ones?

Retro,

Read the thread's last 3 pages.(or my second post in this page.) There is a replacement pack released today by CSL, so all thanx to him! biggrin_o.gif

Edit:

Thanks to Pauliness as well for his Iraqi Police. Although, it's a bit odd seeing this in a game, to tell you the truth. It took a bit of getting used to. It's still a bit fresh in my mind. But regardless, great job guys! Thanx again biggrin_o.gif

Hey awesome man real awesome i love those units notworthy.gifsmile_o.gif

i hope a replacemnt pack will come out as soon as possible(im talking about a few days because i really wanna use them in regular BIS and other missions)

i hope a replacemnt pack will come out as soon as possible

This has been gone over about 5 times now!

Go to page 55 of this topic and check out ColonelSanderLite's post! People really need to READ before they post crazy_o.gif

i hope a replacemnt pack will come out as soon as possible

This has been gone over about 5 times now!

Go to page 55 of this topic and check out ColonelSanderLite's post! People really need to READ before they post  crazy_o.gif

i know but its a little hard since everybody spamming here(im guilty too though)

so its hard reading everything its a hell lot of reading!!!

P.S are you gonna airborne 101st new ACU?

or you gonna leace them like they are cam?

It is a pain in the ass to read throug a lot of pages but in the long run it cuts down on spam if everyone takes a few mins to read through a few past pages.

But I agree completely, reading them sure blows! biggrin_o.gif

Cam,

After a little more time with your work, I gotta say once more.....

Thanks and well, well done! pistols.gifyay.gifthumbs-up.gifbiggrin_o.gif

It almost brings a tear to this 29yr olds eyes to see my brothers represented so accurately. Not a complaint from me, wonderful job! I look forward to a whole new burst of ArmA enjoyment!

Great looking units you've got there cameron. We only need SF's anymore.

Oh, and is there a replacement config available for these units? huh.gifhuh.gifhuh.gif

Really slick addon there. Kudos to all involved.

Anyhoo I just spent the last hour and a half creating a mission (yep, that's how l33t my skillz are) for these blokes. Creatively titled 'Search and Destroy'. It's not been tested enough but it should be good enough for a wee spin! If you want to report any bugs or give advice check the readme for contact details. Although you should be reading the ReadMe anyway!

It's not got any fancy scripts or voice files, but hey, it's a mission.

Anyway here is the link.

Maybe a couple of PR's would make people more reading then posting. smile_o.gif

Maybe a couple of PR's would make people more reading then posting. smile_o.gif

Sounds like a great idea.. This pack is awesome.. and so is the replacement pack..

Only thing that makes me laugh is the glow in the dark goggles at night hehe.. but super non the less. notworthy.gif

Only thing that makes me laugh is the glow in the dark goggles at night hehe.. but super non the less. notworthy.gif

I get that too, both on the goggles and the eye protectors. Other than that, the only problem I've noticed is that both versions of the machinegunner unit (the one with an M240) have heavy armour; there's no version without shoulder and groin protection.

Otherwise, these are great Cam, you should be very proud. Love the custom NVG proxy: Think I'll have to ask Chris to add somet like that to his UK infantry. biggrin_o.gif

I just checked in game and I got the same thing too. It looks badass to tell ya the truth. wink_o.gif

But good thing you guys pointed that out, I totally missed but after reading this, I had to double check. Thanks. Besides, this I haven't seen much else that is blatantly out of place. Any suggestions? Just curious to see it personally.

Thanks for the kind words, all, alas, but I am flat out at work at the moment, so replies to your PMs will take me until this afternoon.

Sorry about those bugs. I will also do my best to take a look at them, I knew I should have paid more attention to night-time stuff. crazy_o.gif Should also be able to get the Wipman config out too, god willing. So, stuff noted insofar:

- Glow in the dark goggles.

- Wrong model on light M240er.

- Some patch resizing necessary.

- LOD problem with leg on one of the units (can be fixed though, used to annoy the hell out of me when it happened).

- Lense issues with the goggles.

Thanks for the mission too, snafu, and the replacement pack beta as well, ColonelSandersLite! Also, nice work on the Iraqi Police, Pauliess!

Cam,

For all my bugging, thanks for all your hard work!

BIS TAKE NOTE: in ArmA 2 the units should look at least this good on release, we shouldn't have to wait for Cam to make em better!

thumbs-up.gif

Nice pic Mr Burns, but some discrepancies (not your fault, just noticed these):

- Rank tab on IBA too big

- 1ID patch is no longer red, it was put out last year that the red patch contravened AR 670-1, so no, it's subdued black ACU patch (bunch of haters if you ask me, but you need a scan?) for the ACU, and the red/green non-subdued is only for Class A's.

Great work mate! Top notch units, love em, and they just keep getting better.

thumbs-up.gif