Sign in to follow this  
CameronMcDonald

1st Infantry Division

Yeah ACU is for all terrain this helped the US military alot so they don't have to buy new uniforms for the soldiers if they fight in a new frontier.

Yeah ACU is for all terrain this helped the US military alot so they don't have to buy new uniforms for the soldiers if they fight in a new frontier.

Yeah, it just made it so the soldiers had to buy their uniforms at $100+ / set. smile_o.gif

In regards to the soldier with the Barrett is that a dedicated "sniper" class, or will there also be one with a Boonie hat and drop-leg tactical holster as was seen in the first 1st Inf Div. addon? (and in turn if the tac holster makes a return will it be the vanilla ArmA one or the Queens Gambit one.)

Ok, for all ya Cameron's troops waiters - here're few more candies with updated ACU filling tounge2.gif :

wink_o.gif

this looks awesome as hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but one small small small thing there are orange sun glasess?

how about making some black?

and that's it well i see that this is the unit finnaly an authentic ACU in ARMA

cameron yo tha man!!

OMG this just looks so damn realistic

*still druling over here* notworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

Quote[/b] ]4.in modern warfare the US mostly uses this in iraq the modern warfare today is all about middle eastern places i think if somebody would realy wanna play woodland he would use woodland camo for the troops and not ACU camo

EDIT - Just realised you're not speaking about me. All good.

As for your goggles and ballistic eyewear request, go back to page 36 and tell me what you see the bloke on the left wearing over his eyes.  smile_o.gif

Also, it's really hard to see due to the transparent lenses, but the grenadier (bloke on the right) is also wearing ballistic eyewear, so never fear. I'm a bit offy about dark-lensed glasses, I know troops wear them, but it pisses me off when I'm see the guys wearing shades at 2am with their NODs on over them. But we'll see.

Work continues.

my bad man!!

Israelieagle, reiterating on what Cammy said, ACU camo is used everywhere. Winter, woodland, desert, urban. It is the ONLY camo pattern used by the US Army today. Hence, why it is called a UNIVERSAL pattern. wink_o.gif

And sunglasses can be used in a wide array of places. I live in a residential area and the sun is very strong. wink_o.gif

Note, these units are to be used anywhere, any time. It would be odd to see a bloke wearing black shades at 11PM. confused_o.gif

Cammy knows what he's doing. wink_o.gif

yeah i know this

but i didn't think they would use it on snow even though i think it fits snow the most!!

but its not the best in woodland i think!!

anyway i knew all you told me but what i ment is that today the warfare is in deserts and stuff and if somebody is aiming for authentic modern warfare he would do desert combat

because there is no war going on today in a woodland or a jungle place!

and nobody is gonna use ofcourse the ACU to fight the russians it would be just plain stupid

BTW:saharani is not realism there is no such thing!

Quote[/b] ]because there is no war going on today in a woodland or a jungle place!

and nobody is gonna use ofcourse the ACU to fight the russians it would be just plain stupid

....are you serious? There is armed conflict happening all over the world right now and US/UN soldiers get deployed globally.

And I tell you that the US Army will use the ACU to fight in the woods against anybody as long as the ACU is the uniform in use. Stupid or not, AR 670-1 rules us all.

Hi, there's enough combat in woodland/jungle areas already going

on in places like Colombia, where the yankees have a base with

75th Rangers and army Green Berets, booth use woodland rip-stop

BDU's and not acu (of course) and they don't even vests, just the

all life ALLICE straps, but that could be to don't stand too much

at the side of the local forces that now... are introducing a kind of

digicam very closer to the Marpat, i think that that's beeing used

by the Colombian Armada; there're also yankees in the Philipines,

using woodland too to fight the guerrillas in there, guerrilas...

pirates... and even mushlim guerrillas; but the phillipines i think that

is "controled" by the USMC or they're the most detached to there.

There're also yankee units in woodland BDU deployed in Thailand,

so the woodland isn't really dropped by the yankee army.

But this damn airborne and amy units look very very realistic and

extremely well done to me, and if i had to play with any army

unit that wont be the default BIS units... hell i'll choose this ones.

Let's C ya

Israelieagle

Please do not quote images.

There is also the edit button if you have something to add to your previous post instead of making 3 posts in a row.

On a lighter note: Great WIP's, very detailed and I cannot wait to use these in game. Will you be making them for conversion as well?

On a lighter note: Great WIP's, very detailed and I cannot wait to use these in game. Will you be making them for conversion as well?

If you mean for replacement it's easily done to write a replacement config, although I agree it'd be nice to see one coming with the addon when it is shipped.

Israelieagle

Please do not quote images.

There is also the edit button if you have something to add to your previous post instead of making 3 posts in a row.

ok man thanks for the edit! wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]because there is no war going on today in a woodland or a jungle place!

....are you serious? There is armed conflict happening all over the world right now and US/UN soldiers get deployed globally.

And I tell you that the US Army will use the ACU to fight in the woods against anybody as long as the ACU is the uniform in use. Stupid or not, AR 670-1 rules us all.

What?

what conflicts?

something i don't know about?

please PM me and tell me about them!!

thanks in advance!

What?

what conflicts?

something i don't know about?

please PM me and tell me about them!!

thanks in advance!

I'll let someone else break OPSEC.

2Israelieagle

You was told to edit your messages, adding text you wanted to say, instead of flooding like doubleposting. If you don't get  it, I'll repeat what W0lle said on rights of a man, who's also helping Cameron with this units.

-------------------

Someone was asking on sniper class - so far there isn't any sniper class (I used ordinary rifleman, pre-exchanging his M4 to M107 AMSR). However classname is just a matter of config - some changes there and you'll get sniper class with proper weapons. Also I don't get why snipers should always wear bonnie-hats... However It's a bit hard to understand what you, westerners, mean under sniper, cause in Russia sniper is a man, trained to shoot with apropriate sniper weapon. At the same time you have term "designated marksman", for example, for motorifle sniper. So I'm not sure, who are snipers in your opinion, what he should wear.

I'm not Cameron, but for me DMS class will be enough to fulfill "sniper" role you was thinking about. wink_o.gif

I think its much more better to have snipers with helmets instead of boonie-hats. smile_o.gif

I think its much more better to have snipers with helmets instead of boonie-hats. smile_o.gif

Indeed. It's not like snipers are impervious to headshots

I think its much more better to have snipers with helmets instead of boonie-hats.  smile_o.gif

Indeed. It's not like snipers are impervious to headshots

Helmets are not impervious to headshots. Helmets stop shrapnel.

Indeed, and if I'm not mistaken snipers would generally be a good distance from the enemy anyway.

And boonies "could" be used in conjunction with Ghuille suits as far as I'm aware (not that Cam's doing one.)

So it makes some sense for a sniper to have one in my opinion.

At least as a option, again Cam's first unit release had 'em so it would be nice to see them again with the updated ACU pattern.

If not thats cool, a Designated Marksman would be nice aswell as NSX mentioned, with a helmet plus all the new gear Cam's including but also a drop-leg tactical holster.

I'm just being hopeful thats all.

Hi, most of the photos that i've seen of yankee Designated Marksmen

in Irak and Afganistan that i've seen show 'em using the standard

army helmet and the Snipers (with bigger rifles) use the same helmet

or if they're far away they don't use it at all. A friend of mine that

has spent some time in Afganistan also used our standard helmet

and sometimes when he wasn't "working" he didn't use the helmet.

So booth DMS's and Snipers "should" a helmet because they should

be "working" aka killing someone in a suposed dangerous situation.

But i guess that we all love the Nam times where they used boonie

hats and M21's, they had golden or silver plated rings on, the dog

tags outside the jacket, ear rings and all kinds of stuff from the

Bronks and with each shot they whispered "say blink blink "m****

f****". But the times change... and the wars are not "so fun".

Let's C ya

The best way is to have both version: with helmet and boonie, but I am not sure if Cam also worked on some boonie hats. If not, then I think it will be better to have version with helmets only instead of waiting for new boonie hat (when the BIS boonie is not good), which is probably also going to delay release of this great addon. smile_o.gif