Sign in to follow this  
CameronMcDonald

1st Infantry Division

normaly the math is 3 30rnd stanag = can of beer, and it wasnt only in nam they did that wink_o.gificon_rolleyes.gif

aaaany who, back on tropic. there is like.. 10 diffrent mag pouches so getting the right one is a bit of a hunt biggrin_o.gif

@Plaintiff - great post, mate. smile_o.gif

@Everyone else - are you all blind? Take a look at the latest WIP pictures (back four pages or so) and tell me if the pouches are still curved. banghead.gif

And yes, there will be goggle covers, once the ones I have are remapped.

@Plaintiff - great post, mate. smile_o.gif

@Everyone else - are you all blind? Take a look at the latest WIP pictures (back four pages or so) and tell me if the pouches are still curved. banghead.gif

And yes, there will be goggle covers, once the ones I have are remapped.

Heh woups biggrin_o.gif I guess thats what we get for not reading enough back tounge2.gif

CameronMcDonald, i sent you a PM abt the nvg's whistle.gif

Ta mate, reply has been sent.

EDIT - ...and download my OFP ACU troops too, just to have a look at my system of NOD replacement. smile_o.gif

its looking fab mate myslef and our clan are closely looking at this addon and if it all checks out we will use it as our defeult soldiers

smile_o.gif

hope it see it out soon thumbs-up.gif

Anymore links. i really "need" these and all the armaholic links are down sad_o.gif

Anymore links. i really "need" these and all the armaholic links are down  sad_o.gif

I just checked all links in the first post.

They all work, they bring you to the correct armaholic.com download page and from there the download links work as well.

Or did you mean other links to armaholic (than the ones on page 1)?

no those ones, i kept getting timed out. although cornelsanders page worked. i will try again soon.

Be advised that the links seen there are for the old units (i.e. retextures), as the new units have not yet been released. smile_o.gif

...and speaking of the new units, I got the standard-issue FLCV done today. Here's a pic:

FLCV.jpg

I'll probably do one more LBV, and a clipped-up variant of the FLCV for variety, then it'll be time to get the lads all loaded up, and make the garrison units.  thumbs-up.gif

Hi, i'll love to see the upcoming John's USMC 1.4 with that NVG's

model; those units look very well done. Let's C ya

This dark pic with single nvg reminds me a little bit about those Borg in Star Trek. wink_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Otherwise the arms look a bit to thin compared with rest of body bdu. Would be nice to see those new units at bright places and with better mood ....and asap in combat.

Ta for the comments. About the arms, well, I think they're fairly well proportioned (I have altered their size to account for the larger body and leg size of the new troops, but I may revisit them - we'll see). Glad you like the NODs, Charles - though I'm sure Johannes has something crazy-go-nuts up his sleeve(s) for his leathernecks. smile_o.gif

NoRailGunner - ask and ye shall recieve.

These pics are quite large, btw... and also, notice the little bit of work I've done on the Javelin...

...and I know that those blokes are wearing their NODs in stark daylight - I've yet to get the new proxy model in order.

The detail on it (especially in the day pics) is looking great.

You are making new weapons and animations to go with the new soldiers right?

And you ARE going to get a replacement pack for the default troops right? I believe earlier you said you would include a replacement in the pack optional to install. Please tell me you are still doing that.

Great work.

The detail on it (especially in the day pics) is looking great.

You are making new weapons and animations to go with the new soldiers right?

And you ARE going to get a replacement pack for the default troops right? I believe earlier you said you would include a replacement in the pack optional to install. Please tell me you are still doing that.

Great work.

I'm too damn lazy to look through any more pages but I think he said something else regarding replacement configs/files. I may be mistaken but I believe he said that he doesn't know about replacement files. Since the models are different, the standard "copy n' paste" rep. file may not work. It may take some smart fella to figure out how to make them for these units.

Who knows though, maybe the current rep. file format will still work? I'm itching to find out though. I just won't feel complete if I can't get my hands on a replacement file for these guys relatively fast after release. God damn my jaw hits the desk every time you post a picture. I'm truly excited to use these guys. Excellent work so far, Cam.

G'day again. To answer your questions:

- I will only be releasing one weapon with the units, because the weapons in the screenshots are NOT my own work, and their respective authors are either releasing them themselves (i.e. the M16A4 + A4M203) or are currently on holiday (M249).

- New animations are currently impossible. I made that bloke hold his 16 by the carrying rail via the Queen's Gambit animations, which totally kick arse, btw.

- Because I've decided to do the NOD replacement by a different method than usual (i.e. not via scripts), with any luck I can get a replacement config working. smile_o.gif

To everybody:

Can someone tell me the meaning of FLCV?huh.gif

Fight Load Carrying Vest - basically the standard-issue LBH (Load Bearing Harness) of the US infantry. Also known as just FLV.

Not long back from my hols and catching up on whats new. Great work cammy, fantastic work mate!

Do you have ambient shadow (AS) maps for those?

I cant say it looks like it sad_o.gif

Do you have ambient shadow  (AS) maps for those?

I cant say it looks like it  sad_o.gif

That's a very good suggestion.

And easy to fix. All you need to do is export to 3ds using the old O2 relase, import to 3D program of your choice and render ambient occlusion maps. Then you just save them as AS and the converter (TV2) itself changes them from grayscale to green channel only (hence we get this reddish-blueish AS maps).

Yeah mate, that's a good point, I sure as hell don't because I sure as hell haven't had a clue how to make them.

I'll try asking my friend with 3DS whether he can make some for me. Ta for pointing that out. smile_o.gif