Sign in to follow this  
CameronMcDonald

1st Infantry Division

Ok, just to clear Cameron of any blame I can tell you he did not steal your texture or idea; because I'm the one who requested it.

And I requested it before the sas downloads were leaked aswell.

Thanks for doing it btw.   biggrin_o.gif

just a coincidence then lmao

same colour same text!! whistle.gif

Cameron, I have an addon with only the new SF in it with a mix of things from my SF units and your ACU units if you'd like a copy to play around with.

Don't mind the 22SAS comments Cameron, there are a lot of my SF textures in their pbo, so it's not as if their units are completely their own.

not with any of my skins mate!!

biggrin_o.gif

Fair enough, I was just pointing out that fact. I don't care who did it, they're in there regardless. Also, I don't care if they are used, go ahead if you like, I was just stating an observation.

Fair enough, I was just pointing out that fact. I don't care who did it, they're in there regardless. Also, I don't care if they are used, go ahead if you like, I was just stating an observation.

maybe, i dont know what other members did and we never actually released it?? wink_o.gif

anyway i'm leaving it at that for now until something else is released!!

nice chatting to ya all and thanks for the community support!! rofl.gif

sorry, typed before warning

you can p.m. me if you have something constructive to say sad_o.gif

Yeah, I also requested the "staff" vest from Cameron after I saw it in the pictures thread. Its perfect for our tommorow's drill of new recruits (around 10 of them)...

peace, community should act as one family not bunch of me-me-mes!

Quote[/b] ]

same colour- I asked for a high visability jacket, most are yellow.

same text- i asked for staff because it was shorter than memebr so the text could be bigger and it also showed that there wasnt just a bug on the jacket making it yellow.

Quote[/b] ]

same colour- I asked for a high visability jacket, most are yellow.

same text- i asked for staff because it was shorter than memebr so the text could be bigger and it also showed that there wasnt just a bug on the jacket making it yellow.

even the same font,whats the odds on that!!!

anyway bored with this now, tis only a vest. rofl.gif

Quote[/b] ]

anyway bored with this now, tis only a vest. rofl.gif

Then what was all this fuss about... tounge2.gif

Actually its not even a vest ( BIS did the vest and the base texture id tink ) its yellow paint wit a stencil font made in around 2-5mins with even keeping the original normalmaps.

Only thing we could grant you is the title of the guy with the idea for such vest... not sure if thats enough to sue Cameron though wink_o.gif

22GS2RGJ:

Since when can't other addon makers make what others made before?

So when someone creates a T72, another addon house may not make a T72, cause the idea of making a T72 was by the first addon house??

Or you honestly believe that the maker of the 2nd T72 should tell in their Readme "Thanks to the makers of the first T72 which inspired us"... Which could simply be not true.

All I read was rediculous "Attention-Stealing".

If your Mod is leaked then I feel very sorry for you, but I don't understand why you must take it out on other ppl...

6 Months of work down the drain, because your mod got leaked.... When I read that I was wondering with what purpose you exactly are making your mod and how 6 months of work can go down the drain just because some dickhead leaks ur Mod??

Also, I guess you will not admit it, but you were simply too quick with assuming that these things are taken from your Addon, which they apparantly are not; Be fair and say sorry, instead of that ur bored by it!

Uh could be a bug, not sure yet. Using ColonelSanders replacement config with these guys and for some reason a guy kept getting booted, I restarted without the replacement and they worked, he was getting errors something related to ACU soldier so... just FYI.

Love the addon though notworthy.gif

right first off i will apologise to cameron because all he has done is make something that has been requested!!sorry.

second i never actually said it was our actual image that was used, all i said was it seems strange that this would come out so close to our mod being leaked, i expect it was only requested after seeing it in our mod.we've been using it since feb.

i have over reacted to this subject and i will leave it at that, i am not trying to steal attention from anyones project either as mentioned.

and again cameron you have my apologies!!

notworthy.gif

Nice mate! Kick ass post thumbs-up.gif It takes nothing to go beserk, but it takes courage to admit ur wrong and excuse urself in Public!

right first off i will apologise to cameron because all he has done is make something that has been requested!!sorry.

second i never actually said it was our actual image that was used, all i said was it seems strange that this would come out so close to our mod being leaked, i expect it was only requested after seeing it in our mod.we've been using it since feb.

i have over reacted to this subject and i will leave it at that, i am not trying to steal attention from anyones project either as mentioned.

and again cameron you have my apologies!!

notworthy.gif

Agree with sickboy, and I admit I reacted with a little more venom than necessary. I'll delete my posts.

I realise it must be a royal pain in the rear to have your work divulged before you were ready like that, but you must believe me, I had never seen a pic of your yellow-vested-Stencil-fonted-staff bloke before you posted a pic earlier in this thread.

Thanks for the apology, I likewise apologise, and good luck with your future work.

Uh could be a bug, not sure yet. Using ColonelSanders replacement config with these guys and for some reason a guy kept getting booted, I restarted without the replacement and they worked, he was getting errors something related to ACU soldier so... just FYI.

Love the addon though notworthy.gif

Take a look here:

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=63065

Read the thread starting from the third post from the bottom of the first page (by -puma- ). See if that describes your issue.

Didn't help... I'll see if I can get a detailed error report because it caused the client side to crash. crazy_o.gif

I was also using FDF_sounds at the time.

I hate bumping topics, but its kinda semi-important.

Basically, AIF were doing a mission, we all got in, 1 man was still in the process of joining, 100% sure no one was running any replacement packs, we were all standard BIS BLUFOR Rifleman, then the last guy joined and for me and CameronMcdonald, who both had the ACU addon in another modfolder *NOT LOADED!* could see that this guy had the 1st Div Uniform on, unlike the rest who crashed due to missing soldier. Due to this event we moved the mod folders out of our main directory which in the end made us get the bug which required the dedicated server to be reset, which it was then working.

Incase thats a bit complex, heres a simple timeline:

- CameronMcdonald and I, both start up normal ArmA (No mods)

- AIF setup the dedicated, no addons

- AIF join the dedicated

- Last member joins, and appears to be wearing 1st DIV ACU in game, compared to all others wearing standard BIS.

- All members but CMD and I, crash to desktop saying they were missing a model ingame.

- We all restarted our game with mod folders removed to desktop and we all got the bug, server was reset and mission re-loaded, no further problems.

What... the... hell.... LOL. ArmA passively loads addons now? crazy_o.gif

I was waiting for you to post the error report like you said you would wink_o.gif.

Was this bug encountered playing arma 1.05 or the 1.07 beta?

A few people now have commented just recently that there are issues in MP in 1.05 using the replacement packs.

All of these recent reports have stated that it doesn't happen in 1.07.

Lol, sorry mate, didn't cross my mind, it was all on the 1.05 international patch. huh.gif

Here is an experimental version of the replacement pack. It may fix the 1.05 multiplayer problems a few people have reported, or it may not. I need a few people to test it to find out for sure either way.

Get It Here.

To use it:

Install the normal version of the 1ID replacement pack, if you haven't already.

Make a backup copy of your original CMCD_1ID_US_INF_REPLACEMENTS.pbo by putting it in a subfolder. It is important to note that just renaming it won't be enough, so either delete it or move it to a subfolder as stated above.

Put the new version in it's place.

After you are done testing, feel free to put the original back.

By the way, do not run this experimental with any of my other replacement packs. The point here is to run a clean test with the changes to this one mod. That way I know if this will fix all those before I update 5 different packs...

Dang, took me a bunch of edits to get that right. Apparently the BIS boards don't like a url tag that isn't preceeded with an "http://".

the download link seems to be down...