Sign in to follow this  
CameronMcDonald

1st Infantry Division

Garrison units only then, I suppose. Thanks mate, you've just upgraded yourself on the credits list. wink_o.gif

Garrison units only then, I suppose. Thanks mate, you've just upgraded yourself on the credits list.  wink_o.gif

Camera, when we get tools, if someone just makes a model of a soldier with just a beret and no vest, I"ll sit around for weeks pumping out various uniforms, because I'm a nut. I'll come up with almost every combination of stuff I've seen. I'll make guys with various unit insignia, and rank and whatever.

But yeah, I'm glad the photo could be at least a little useful.

You're airborne and air assault yet only have the close combat badge. Where's your CIB? What MOS are you?

I'm CMF 25, signal corps, which is former 31 series. I'm assigned to USASOC, and no longer fill a signal slot which is good, I despise signal because the CMF is filled with some of the most useless and idiotic morons I have ever encountered.

You know, other people besides infantry go to schools too, it's just a little bit harder. Airborne and Ranger were my enlistment options. Other people enlist for $20k+/-, but I enlisted for schools. If I hadn't enlisted for those, I wouldn't have gotten Ranger, but I still would have gotten Airborne eventually because my first duty station was an airborne/leg mixed unit.

Our battalion got air assault school slots and those of us interested had to compete for them, and signal corps soldiers tend to be fat, lazy, and unmotivated. As a side note, somewhere in this forum I have an addon release of my former unit.

I don't want to derail cameron's thread, so if you have any other questions, please PM me.

Awesome reskin and the replacement mod ist such a great bonus! notworthy.gif

Are the SF units in the replacement mod now, not sure if it was updated already?

Quote[/b] ]A very good friend of mine, ColonelSandersLite, has been kind and legendary enough to release a little package which replaces the standard BIS units with my 1ID ACU troops (excepting the SF blokes, which will be in the next release). For complete instructions, please refer to the included readme.

The SF dudes are still being worked on, mate. I'll chuck up a picture when I'm next free.

I'm CMF 25, signal corps, which is former 31 series. I'm assigned to USASOC, and no longer fill a signal slot which is good, I despise signal because the CMF is filled with some of the most useless and idiotic morons I have ever encountered.

You know, other people besides infantry go to schools too, it's just a little bit harder. Airborne and Ranger were my enlistment options. Other people enlist for $20k+/-, but I enlisted for schools. If I hadn't enlisted for those, I wouldn't have gotten Ranger, but I still would have gotten Airborne eventually because my first duty station was an airborne/leg mixed unit.

Our battalion got air assault school slots and those of us interested had to compete for them, and signal corps soldiers tend to be fat, lazy, and unmotivated. As a side note, somewhere in this forum I have an addon release of my former unit.

I don't want to derail cameron's thread, so if you have any other questions, please PM me.

lol...ironic. I am infantry and I have been to none of those schools. Actually, in the almost 9 years I've been in I've been to only 2 schools ever...Field Sanitiation and SFAS.

lol...ironic.  I am infantry and I have been to none of those schools.  Actually, in the almost 9 years I've been in I've been to only 2 schools ever...Field Sanitiation and SFAS.

That sucks man. I had the fortune of my first(and only) duty station being at Bragg, and when you're at Bragg it is too easy to go to schools.

If you want to go, get ahold of a DA-4187, fill it out for the desired school, and away you (should) go. I'm in my window for re-enlistment and I *have* to re-class, otherwise I will never make E-6. We have been locked at 798 points since the beginning of '05, and while I have a good amount of points, I"ll never get 798 in a timely fashion. Only thing is, I want to stay in soc and don't want to go back to the regular Army, I had too many stupid experiences with them.

One thing I'm looking at for re-enlistment is SFAS, I've sent 2 soldiers to it (and lost them) and I'm thinking maybe it's my turn now. How was it?

*edit*

To stay on topic,

Cameron, I'm a noob skinner, how do you add the dirt and wearing? My full ACU MOLLE guys are all clean and pristine, and they could use some dirt.

What I did for these models

- I matched the colour of the clean ACU vest to a dirty part of the BIS ACUs, thus making 2 layers: clean vest and dirty vest. I then deleted parts of the dirty vest from areas where dirt was unlikely to be; aka shoulders and upper back.

To add extra dirt to the MOLLE gear and whatnot, I grabbed a nice picture of dirt, and clone brushed some of it using a high transparency onto the texture.

What I did for these models

- I matched the colour of the clean ACU vest to a dirty part of the BIS ACUs, thus making 2 layers: clean vest and dirty vest. I then deleted parts of the dirty vest from areas where dirt was unlikely to be; aka shoulders and upper back.

To add extra dirt to the MOLLE gear and whatnot, I grabbed a nice picture of dirt, and clone brushed some of it using a high transparency onto the texture.

You know..it's such a simple answer I should feel utterly retarded. Thanks, man.

*** IMPORTANT! ***

1st post updated, nothing major, just another private request. I've released my ACU Staff addon, just one unit with a hi-vis vest and the word "STAFF" emblazoned upon the back. Enjoy, if you feel you need it!

Thanks a lot man, you rock! You'll get screenshots from the Thursday's drill of our team wink_o.gif

so... "Staff" addon is an independent one, right?

Thanks a lot man, you rock! You'll get screenshots from the Thursday's drill of our team wink_o.gif

so... "Staff" addon is an independent one, right?

yeah there robbed from our 22sas mod that was leaked the other day!!!

arma2007-04-0721-52-42-53.jpg

CameronMcDonald, where did you get that staff vest from?

I wonder how hard it could be to make a vest yellow and write STAFF on it, no wonder it may look like your vest.

I mean its not like its a totally one of a kind uniqe texture.

Yeah, plain yellow vest with the word "STAFF" centered on the vest in a large bold standard font. WOO Ol' Cameron's pirating.... Right....

BTW, I think a STFU vest would be hilarious biggrin_o.gif.

yeah funny how idea comes out just after our mod was leaked!!!

no its not hard to stick yellow on vest and write staff across it, i did'nt say that did i u prick, but shouldnt be claiming it as his idea when it aint!

we've been using this as part of our selection test process since february(uk release).

what else is gonna get released from our pack as theirs??

as far as i'm concerned its 6 months down the drain just because some immature idiot dont like being told that he cant be abusive to other members of clan!!

so you STFU!!!

oh yeah why dont you change your vest from saying nobhead to staff!!!

if your gonna rip our stuff  get our permission first or atleast give us the credit for the work!!

retards!!

no its not hard to stick yellow on vest and write staff across it, i did'nt say that did i u prick, but shouldnt be claiming it as his idea when it aint!

we've been using this as part of our selection test process since february(uk release).

as far as i'm concerned its 6 months down the drain just because some immature idiot dont like being told that he cant be abusive to other members of clan!!

so you STFU!!!

if your gonna rip our stuff  get our permission first or atleast give us the credit for the work!!

retards!!

imagine how much work it would take to create such a staff vest? i think i could do it in lets say mhh 2 minutes.

And is the Idea of the staff vest that new? i mean cmd probably used real us army pictures as reference and not your crappy 5 min. reskin.

btw it was nice to speak to you. its sad that we wont have this chance on this board anymore smile_o.gif

so you STFU!!!

retards!!

imagine how much work it would take to create such a staff vest? i think i could do it in lets say mhh 2 minutes.

And is the Idea of the staff vest that new? i mean cmd probably used real us army pictures as reference and not your crappy 5 min. reskin.

btw it was nice to speak to you. its sad that we wont have this chance on this board anymore smile_o.gif

pack usually means more than 1 item muppet!!!

check my post count matey i have a life!!

do you really find it that hard to understand that a group of people put there own time in to something to give to others and release for there benefit and then get abused just because they are standing up for that group of people, then you dont deserve to be part of the community!!!

i honestly wish i hadnt bothered doing it now!!

doesnt matter how small the vest idea is its part of the pack!!

and as far as we were concerned it was not ready to be released to the public until ready!!

especially as all you do is moan if something aint right!!!get the idea

First and last warning.

Everyone Calm down.

Thread will be locked if the current exchange of needless heated words continues.

Cameron, I have an addon with only the new SF in it with a mix of things from my SF units and your ACU units if you'd like a copy to play around with.

Don't mind the 22SAS comments Cameron, there are a lot of my SF textures in their pbo, so it's not as if their units are completely their own.

Ok, just to clear Cameron of any blame I can tell you he did not steal your texture or idea; because I'm the one who requested it.

And I requested it before the sas downloads were leaked aswell.

Thanks for doing it btw. biggrin_o.gif