Sign in to follow this  
CameronMcDonald

1st Infantry Division

The 506th has the spade, 502nd the heart, 327th the club and the 187th has a torri. The 187th brought that design from the pacific theater which is where they were in WWII.

Knight31

BTW Cam THOSE LOOK GREAT!

My bad, I confused 502nd with 506th.

i don't think the ACU replacement mod works with beta 1.07?

Can somebody confirm this?

I'm using it with beta 1.07 just fine.

Please be more specific as to what's not working.

Also, please tell me exactly what your command line looks like.

Good to hear about the 101st Airborne units. Now we can have some proper air assaults with the UH-60! Yeah don't worry about them looking similar to the 1st ID because like you said they would look almost identical gear wise in real life. Of course there is not much you can do without the tools either lol. Besides this game is for guys obsessed with detail and realism, so that little patch on the left shoulder and the one on the helmet means A LOT to us players. Thanks again and props to whoever requested them!

By the way guys, I was just playing with ThePredator's Modern Warfare Modification for Armed Assault and haven't noticed any problems with running both his sound mod and this replacement pack.

Just thought I'd throw that out there for anyone who's interested.

well I managed to get your replacement pack to work, but having some trouble with getting the Predator's mod to work:

It says:

No Entry bin/config.cpp.ControllerSchemes

Error Compiling PS Specular Alpha

Here is my target line:

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\beta\arma.exe" -mod=beta -nosplash -Mod=@ModWar

Damnit this seems like a good mod I'm trying to get to work! Hopefully this makes vehicles a little stronger

Like this mate, you run all mods together:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">-mod=beta;@ModWar

Let me know if this helps.

Alternatively, copy the two PBO files from the @Modwar addon folder into where you've got ColonelSandersLite's mod, and run it with that mod alone.

I made the correction and tried, still the same problem...

Could it be sprocket?

Well I couldn't get the Col's mod to run through the target line either I just put the addon in my addon folder

Please help guys!

Ok, just to narrow down the exact problem.

Try this first:

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\beta\arma.exe" -nosplash -Mod=@ModWar

Next, try this:

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\beta\arma.exe" -nosplash -Mod=@ModWar;beta

If it breaks at that step, it's the Modwar mod. It could be that you're running the version that modifies values and such while I'm running the sound only version.

If it doesn't break at that step, try this:

Next, try this:

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\beta\arma.exe" -nosplash -Mod=@ModWar;beta;@CMCD_1ID_US_INF_REPLACEMENTS

If this is the step that breaks, it's my fault. That mean's well need to get online together via IM or something and figure this out in person. If this is the necessary next step, let us know and we'll talk.

I'll say what I said in the other thread, just so JBlack doesn't miss it -

since you have no addons in @ModWar, try removing that from your command line. Then see how you go.

Posting here to make sure you guys see:

Thanks for all your help guys.

I think one of the problems is you guys are talking about using the sound mod, and I've been trying to use the config mod.

Is the config mod 1.07 compatible? Or is only the sound mod? If so ru going to be releasing a config update?

My mod should not interfere with the predators config mod. Try it in 1.05 to be sure. I think what you're seeing here is a problem with predators config mod conflicting with the beta.

Which means it's totally out of my hands, you need to talk to thepredator about his mod.

Also, I just noticed that you said you couldn't get the modfolders to work at all in the beta and you just put the addon into the normal addons folder to get it to work.

This could be your problem with that. From the beta readme:

If you need to run ArmA another way, and you still want to run the beta, make sure to start the ArmA.exe from beta subfolder with working directory set to the normal ArmA directory and also with command line option -mod=beta

From that, it's possible that you have your working directory set to c:\yourarmadirectory\beta\ instead of c:\yourarmadirectory\ in your shortcut.

They'll be up tomorrow or Monday...

So when will you release the 101st units, Cameron? biggrin_o.gif

Tomorrow, it seems. My apologies for the delay, but I can't upload anything through my wireless, both Crapidshare and FileFront konk out after about 1MB.

Heh, all 115 pieces might take a little while to collect. I'll get it up tomorrow, don't fret. wink_o.gif

can wait for the 101st uniforms. looks really good, will there be a 506th ACH patch (spade) in there for us currahees? and maybe a SSG rank for this crusty ol b*stard? Air Assault wings would be cool to, even though we dont wear them anymore with the ACU's (armys crappy uniform)

can wait for the 101st uniforms.  looks really good, will there be a 506th ACH patch (spade) in there for us currahees?  and maybe a SSG rank for this crusty ol b*stard?  Air Assault wings would be cool to, even though we dont wear them anymore with the ACU's (armys crappy uniform)

Why would you stop wearing your air assault wings? I wear mine still.

If I get a chance, I mightmake some textures up, and I'll see about puting soem 506th in the line. Right now, I'm expanding my 11th ACR selection for a campaign I have in the works so that takes precedence.

can wait for the 101st uniforms.  looks really good, will there be a 506th ACH patch (spade) in there for us currahees?  and maybe a SSG rank for this crusty ol b*stard?  Air Assault wings would be cool to, even though we dont wear them anymore with the ACU's (armys crappy uniform)

Hey mate, well, I can't spend much more time on this addon, because I'd like to make a good singleplayer mission for it before the tools come out, so I'm sorry. Feel free to edit them yourselves, if you can. Otherwise I'll end up with a request for the other regiments too, if you know what I mean.

EDIT: Air Assault wings, eh? Can I get a picture and placement on the uniform?

Why would you stop wearing your air assault wings? I wear mine still.

If I get a chance, I mightmake some textures up, and I'll see about puting soem 506th in the line. Right now, I'm expanding my 11th ACR selection for a campaign I have in the works so that takes precedence.

on one in my unit wears them since we got the acu's. i dont think they are really meant to be worn with the acu's anyways, in iraq i didnt even wear nametapes or rank or usarmy cause it was uncomfortable as hell under the IBA.

dont wear my gay CAB either.

let me know if you get a chance to make some though.

Great work on the Airborne units, when mirrors are available i`ll start to download. inlove.gif

Those 8kb/sec from Filefront are not acceptable. mad_o.gif

Hey mate, well, I can't spend much more time on this addon, because I'd like to make a good singleplayer mission for it before the tools come out, so I'm sorry. Feel free to edit them yourselves, if you can. Otherwise I'll end up with a request for the other regiments too, if you know what I mean.

EDIT: Air Assault wings, eh? Can I get a picture and placement on the uniform?

Here, with one of mine I can show you where and what it is. The Air Assault badge is the one just directly above the US Army tape. It can be interchanged with the badge above it, but this is the most common way of wearing it. Bcause it's pin-on with the new uniform, a lot of poeple don't wear their abdges that often anymore, and it is a serious pain putting them on every day. For most field work, we take them off, and we can't have them when running Airborne operations, either.

I don't know where someone would put it on an OTV.

badgescw1.jpg