Sign in to follow this  
bedges

Where's OFPEC?

As many of you will know, we've moved servers. The move is complete, and everything works. However, we are having some issues with the DNS switchover to point ofpec.com at the new site. We thought we had it yesterday, but it seems not to have 'taken'.

We've looked at things again, and with luck the domain should resolve within the next 12-15 hours. In the meantime, you are all welcome to login to OFPEC using the IP.

EDIT: looks like it's working. we're getting many reports that www.ofpec.com points at the new server.

Welcome back smile_o.gif

Yeah, it's very clean, I like it smile_o.gif

I like the new look, but the site loads rather slow. For me anyway...

Quote[/b] ]I like the new look, but the site loads rather slow. For me anyway...

Same here, feels really slow. But the new design is awesome.

You guys seem to be having alot of problems all through OFP history...  If I had to, I'd honestly suggest 1and1.com for web hosting.

They are having a special right now where it's 15 bucks a month for 300 GB of webspace and 3,000 GB of monthly transfer volume (not sure how much you guys go through a month on average)

Plus you get the usual MySQL databases and all that other fun stuff.

Even if things are settled now I guess it's worth posting for folks who may want to setup their own fansite or squad site.

Keep in mind that as we just switched servers, there seems to be an issue with the DNS or something like it which causes the website to load slower than before.

Expect this to be solved.

thanks to the timely intervention of Machoman, OFPEC is now back up to full speed.

Congrats and great work to everyone involved thumbs-up.gif

Ofpec is my number one resource for scripting, great to see you got all the probs sorted now.

It's better now. Frontpage template seems to be a good amount of kilobytes smaller than the old design, which I think is a Good Thing.

And you even fixed a problem already with the login box overflowing into the main content area on at least Iceape, Epiphany and Konqueror browsers.

thumbs-up.gif