Sign in to follow this  
beacon

Connecting Failed

That's the error I get when I try to join any ArmA MP games... How do I stop it so I can play?

Go to Start --> Run, type: <span style='color:blue'>cmd</span> and click OK to get a command prompt. Then type: <span style='color:blue'>netsh winsock reset</span> and hit Enter.

Should be OK after that.

Go to Start --> Run, type: <span style='color:blue'>cmd</span> and click OK to get a command prompt. Then type: <span style='color:blue'>netsh winsock reset</span> and hit Enter.

Should be OK after that.

I've heard of this before ... what does it do exactly?

Should be OK after that.

I've heard of this before ... what does it do exactly?

Resets the Windows Winsock2 file.

In simple terms? smile_o.gif

Wiki = your friend

*Hint*

So is Google.

You didn't answer the question.

I get connecting failed when joining and the game freezes when refreshing the browser. It happend very often and the command doesn't help.

That command doesn´t help me.

When I restart ArmA many times then maybe i can connect to game.

If I can connect then connecting works until I restart ArmA again.

having similar problem. "receiving data" gets to 99.9% then seems to lock up. modem seems to still be sending and receiving but i don't get into game.

some servers seem more likely to work than others.

P

connection failed and/or browser freeze

i solved this by setting my nVidia firewall security settings to "low" from "medium".

"receiving data" problems/freezes

ive only had this problem on themedicstation.com server.

id give you my comp specs, but my video card died as i was playing ArmA last week...which then escalated into a blown mobo (dont ask, wont tell).

whether or not Arma blew up my video card is up for debate. LOL. who can say?

Wiki = your friend

*Hint*

So is Google.

I get connecting failed when joining and the game freezes when refreshing the browser. It happend very often and the command doesn't help.

Are you Infam0us?

Wiki = your friend

*Hint*

So is Google.

Are you Infam0us?

Biki = your friend

Having similar prob, loads 99.9% then just stalls, pressing esc. takes you back to the MP menu, so far its only when trying to join the Suicide Squad server (my regular) but with both 1.05 and 1.07beta.

I find you can usually tell when its going that way, when the first splash screen comes up after join, it usually gives a list of players in green (or grey/orange) however these will be missing, or slow to appear, if the stall is going to happen. Just tried the 'winsock' fix and it doesn't work for me, i also have had my norton firewall on low, so i'm totally stumped on this one...

E

I got the same problem i cant do anything!!

i have this same problem, i can see all the game servers, but when i try and join any one it goes to the black loading screen with "joining game...." then comes back to the server screen with "Connecting failed"

i used to be able to play online with 1.05, but now with 1.08 i get this. any help would be greatly appreciated, i have tried updating all my drivers and tried the winsock thing, I've tried turning my firewall completely off even, and still exactly the same thing happens.

sorry for double post, i found out how to fix the problem myself in the end. oddly enough, closing all the ports on my router stopped the problem :S one of the strangest fixes i know of.

The "netsh winsock reset" trick works for some people, but a word of advice...if it does do the trick then you are running with no firewall protection...eventhough it may look like it is running ok. Next, the nvidia firewall is a piece of crap...and you can quote me on that..lol The best news about that is that if you suspect it is the problem...just turning it off will make no difference at all...you need to completely uninstall it. If your game then runs ok for online play you then need to source a new firewall like I had to...hope this is of some help.

I can get into MP games but at a random time (could be 2 hours or could be 30 mins) i get disconnected and am unable to rejoin the server unless i reboot my system or wait 30 mins or so. Internet works fine straight after i get disconnected so im not losing net connection. If it was a firewall causing it surely it wouldn't let me connect in the first place?? Everyone else in the server seems to have no issues like it so i don't think its server side. I haven't tried other servers but i will tonight and see if it happens on others. Has anyone else encounted this problem?

cheers