Sign in to follow this  
odjob

Playing on a flat-screen monitor

I have a Samsung Syncmaster 205BW widescreen 20".

Using FRAPS i have about 30fps but if i run fast the graphic was very "jerky", i notice that 60hz was set in options but there was also 70hz and 75hz so i tried 75 and most of the "jerkiness" was gone  yay.gif . I find this a bit odd as my monitor should use 60hz. I use Vista 32 and cant turn of VSync and i thought that was why it was "jerky" but the 75hz did the trick.

Anyone else that can confirm this?

i have a samsung syncmaster 204B, i play at 1600x1200 but i can set 60HZ only... anybody have a tip to turn it on 75hz?huh.gif

I'm using a flat screen monitor and Arma runs best on 75hz of me

same for me smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]i have a samsung syncmaster 204B, i play at 1600x1200 but i can set 60HZ only... anybody have a tip to turn it on 75hz?

you must change the parameter in the ATI control center, or the NVIDIA stuff (sorry i don't know the name) smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]i have a samsung syncmaster 204B, i play at 1600x1200 but i can set 60HZ only... anybody have a tip to turn it on 75hz?

you must change the parameter in the ATI control center, or the NVIDIA stuff (sorry i don't know the name) smile_o.gif

thanks very much... i have an nvidia card, but i think it'll be the same...

I wonder if its possible to go even higher than 75hz (no higher is available in options).

Also if it can harm the monitor if going over 60hz since that is on its spec.

Most Flat panel moniors have a native refresh rate of 60Hz, but you can change this in ATI CCC or Nvidia control panel.  Most will also only support up to 75Hz so be careful about setting anything above that as unless your sure the monitor will support say 85Hz etc. as you can potentially damage the monitor..... wink_o.gif

Most Flat panel moniors have a native refresh rate of 60Hz, but you can change this in ATI CCC or Nvidia control panel.  Most will also only support up to 75Hz so be careful about setting anything above that as unless your sure the monitor will support say 85Hz etc. as you can potentially damage the monitor..... wink_o.gif

Thanks for reply.

i checked my monitor and it do support up to 75hz so im safe yay.gif