Sign in to follow this  
CsonkaPityu

Call of Duty Modern Warfare...

Well, nothing new. If I'm remember right It was stated after CoD 3 release

Oh... well atleast it's news it'll get revealed at some american football draft this Sunday or what.

Couldn't find a topic on it here so i thought it's unknown.

But I really don't understand how they wanna bring that frantic, over the top, action movie feeling over into modern combat without turning it into some ridiculous game version of a B action movie.

Yeah the previous CoDs were basicaly Medal of honor with constant explosions and more infantry everywhere. Same basic gameplay, but with more energy.

I hope they can pull it off.

My reaction is an unenthusiastic  tounge2.gif

I loved COD2..played hours of it.  But after buying 3, I marched back to the store and verbally abused the clerk for reccomending it until they would let me exchange it for something else.

Modern Combat....ahh, I'm just not seeing a winner here.

hmm i dunno i'll just wait and see what happens cod 2 had its moments sometimes, felt like saving private ryan on steroids sometimes but i wonder how modern combat will look like and feel like. Modern combat is much less figthing and more recon and slow stuff like that biggrin_o.gif

I'm slightly enthusiastic.

I remember even before the first one was released, they said they might expand it into different time periods.

IMO, COD is all about cinematic experience, not so much realism; I think it would be really cool to see very cinematic action in Iraq or Afghanistan, maybe a lot more gritty though and less hollywood. I trust infinity knows what they're doing, however; it will probably be made such that it looks like the various firefight videos we see over the internet and the news.

I see PS3 and 360 but no PC. At least for 360 it seems to partly fill up the present void (next to OFP2 and this Blackootstudios game, with Vegas allready filling up the indoors CQB gameplay). To be seen where it ends up on the spectruum of arcade-realistic, but one possible extra choice doesn't hurt.

I never cared for the cod series because of the WW2 setting, but now ... who knows?

All I can say is Wooo Hooo! notworthy.gif

FINALLY some variety! There are more WW2 games out than I can shake a fist at. crazy_o.gif

Having said that, I'm not too enthusiastic tbh. I never liked any of the CoD series. They were linear, scripted and pure Hollywood. All about the impressive cinematic-style gameplay, but not the gameplay

Hmm, I don't know. CoD2 was a floop in my opinion, and it looks very much like BF2 (just because of the content and looks I guess, hehe).

We'll see. Good that the original developer of CoD is making it at least. smile_o.gif

I thought the trailer was cool - it was exactly what I expected.

You can't expect anything realistic, just visuals and a hollywood-like feel that makes you go "Cool!"

That's what this trailer certainly did for me.

My gripes are: Still no physics apparent

Characters still look like midets, and for me this detracts from the hollywood feel a great deal.

Just for a change...

AMeR1CA FTw1!!one!

icon_rolleyes.gif

Yea. Wish they would make a war game that didn't focus on America, but of course all the publishers want is money huh.gif

Just for a change...

AMeR1CA FTw1!!one!

icon_rolleyes.gif

Yea. Wish they would make a war game that didn't focus on America, but of course all the publishers want is money huh.gif

They also want to make a 'political correct' game.

How fun would a game be where all you do is go place an IED on a roadside, run about 500m away, watch through a pair of binocs until a hummer drives by, then click your mouse to make an explosion? Then you get to run away and do it again!

Not a good idea for a game IMO (unless it is VBS2) icon_rolleyes.gif

NVA, VC, Wehrmacht, SS, Soviet, Russian, Polisario, North Korean, Chinese...

I could go on, with the possible 'enemy' sides you could make a game about, or just integrate into a game as a playable faction.

What about other nations?

Am3rica FtwW isn't the only nation on earth with military history you know wink_o.gif

How fun would a game be where all you do is go place an IED on a roadside, run about 500m away, watch through a pair of binocs until a hummer drives by, then click your mouse to make an explosion?  Then you get to run away and do it again!

You could make it an RPG where you talk to a buncha people, make alliances/enemies, try to persuade others to join your cause, go on tiny fetch quests. You could go on dangerous quests to get better equipment, like for example you would have to sneak into/raid an Iran funded shiite militia's compound to steal some SA-7s or better RPGs and IED materials. All this in a living breathing middle-eastern envirioment.

You could also mix in some GTA action. It could be done. 1 star level: iraqi police, 2 stars: iraqi police with better equipment, 3 stars: iraqi national guard, 4: us troops with airforce, tanks and everything else to make your day a bad one.

How fun would a game be where all you do is go place an IED on a roadside, run about 500m away, watch through a pair of binocs until a hummer drives by, then click your mouse to make an explosion? Then you get to run away and do it again!

Actually, I was thinking of not involving America at all. Maybe a Middle-Eastern conflict or African one. Like a game where you play as a soldier during the South African Apartheid time, guarding the border and fighting in Angola. That's just an example, I know there is an ArmA mod working on this.

Looks like I'm going offtopic (guess I do this a lot crazy_o.gif ).

Back on topic:

The Call of Duty games are just about mindless action, after COD2 I think I've had enough of it. Modern Warfare will have to be something very good to get my attention.

Some info:

http://www.joystiq.com/2006....rorists

Quote[/b] ]Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, as we stated before, moves the Call of Duty franchise into the modern era, where you'll serve as part of the U.S. Army, U.S. Marines, and British S.A.S. to take on terrorists loyal to an aggressive Middle Eastern dictator. This war on terror must be fought all over the world--in locations as diverse as vessels at sea in the North Atlantic, secret terrorist cells in London, the urban streets of Eastern Europe, and, of course, the Middle East--as you try to stop a terrorist coalition from using its deadly chemical arsenal.

That's the cheesiest storyline i've ever read about... and the game will lack russians (great, Chechnya is just begging to be made into a tactical shooter). My interest is plumeting.

From the same article:

Quote[/b] ]

As a pilot in an Army attack helicopter, you'll fly over cratered urban environments--with rocket-propelled grenades to boot--before you rope down as part of a Marine platoon to engage in close-quarters combat in a very different (yet oddly familiar) sort of environment from Call of Duty 2. It's in this door-to-door implementation of battle that similarities to Rainbow Six 3 and Splinter Cell start to become apparent as you fight in squads, rappel down walls, and clear rooms with silenced guns, tear gas, flashbangs, and various specialized goggles. That doesn't prevent you from utilizing all manner of authentic modern weaponry, however, including automatic grenade launchers, mines, and machine guns.

See how many incredibly stupid things you can spot in that paragraph, from both the writer of the article and the game.

am i the only one who think we used to do that in OFP, now with ArmA? tounge2.gif

charlie oscar delta.............anything related to Mike Tango Oscar?

charlie oscar delta.............anything related to Mike Tango Oscar?

After reading what Maddmatt quoted all i can think is Whiskey Tango Foxtrot... tounge2.gif

Trailer didn't look too good to me, was just way to fast and too console-like...