Sign in to follow this  
CsonkaPityu

Call of Duty Modern Warfare...

Wow this is a really immersive game.. And great performance vs graphics too!

I must say, I'm quite impressed. Just finished the game and it's quite different from its predecessors, and not just because it does away with a worn-out theme (WWII). The missions are actually original, captivating and immersive. The voice acting is great, the music is superb, the graphics top-notch... Fun stuff. The previous posters were right: it's like playing a movie. The same has been said about the previous CoD games, but this installment really hits the nail on the head. No replay value at all of course, but it was fun nonetheless!

OMG! I just bought this game, and its pretty cool.

My only issue is the size of the M249 crazy_o.gif

Its bloody tiny! Its smaller than the M4!! What is going on?

Yes, it's perfectly modelled, but the size is ridicules

Great game .. plays smooth as silk , graphics and sound are top notch ... i hate thumbsticks but even so was still able to hit most crap i aimed at .

CoD4 = fun xmas_o.gif

I finally got to play the game but Mass Effect made me bias against the game. It is way too short and it has only a few good levels. I was able to beat the game, including the Mile High Club mission, on Veteran in less than four or five hours total. Plus, I unlocked all the achievements for it. It was fun the time around though.

Poor Marines..... whistle.gif

I finally got to play the game but Mass Effect made me bias against the game. It is way too short and it has only a few good levels. I was able to beat the game, including the Mile High Club mission, on Veteran in less than four or five hours total. Plus, I unlocked all the achievements for it. It was fun the time around though.

Wait...Vet mode in 4-5 hours?

Wait...Vet mode in 4-5 hours?

Erm, yeah. It was probably closer to five hours than four though. The hardest missions for me were "One Shot, One Kill", "Heat", and "No Fighting In The War Room." Out of the three, "Heat" was the hardest to do. I could of beaten the game in one sitting but I decided not to. My biggest problem was that I couldn't lean. Basically, the game for me was getting behind cover, kill some baddies, and advance. I didn't kill all the baddies but I killed enough to create a hole. I knew the AI would kill the rest.

If you have Xbox Live, you can check my achievements for the game (to unlock mission achievements, you have to beat them on Veteran) but it doesn't give you the time.

played it thru and enjoyed it. Teh dogs very kinda annying tough. I probly never managed to crab they´re throath and killed 1. Allso the sniper mission was BS. I mean carrying u injured friend thru 50+

bad guys, who were trying to kill u from 50 meters away crazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gif

guys, be careful with the 1.3 patch. BACKUP your profile! The patch deleted all my scores, points, challanges - everything. I am very very upset.

Looking for constructive comments on the MP game play from OFP/Arma luvers?

Kind of wondering what type of PvP or Co-op game play is like.

Really not interested in another dust collector on the shelf.

Thanks

played it thru and enjoyed it. Teh dogs very kinda annying tough. I probly never managed to crab they´re throath and killed 1. Allso the sniper mission was BS. I mean carrying u injured friend thru 50+

bad guys, who were trying to kill u from 50 meters away crazy_o.gif  crazy_o.gif  crazy_o.gif

I managed to kill a dog when it was on me once;

I missed it when shooting, and i missed with the knife, then it was on me. Normally at this point, the animation plays through and the dog rips out my through and the game tells me “press Melee to grab the dogs†or something. Well this time I’m talking of it worked! The animation started, but then changed; my hands came up, one on his snout, one grabbed the back of his head, then with a sickening dull crunch, my hands snapped the dogs neck around. The dog fell to the floor, I picked up y weapon, and on with the game. Fantastic.

One of those flashback moments, you know? Haven’t had many of those with CoD4, not like ArmA; I remember being in a house and a LGB falling on the house across the road, totally flattening it. I remember turning a corner, seeing an enemy. I fired but was out of ammo, he fired and kept missing as I reloaded. I remember in MP, being stuck behind a Hummer with another player while a whole AI squad fired on us! Moments like these don’t stick in the mind from CoD4, except the dog..

Yeah, killing the dogs is pretty easy, you just have to keep your cool and wait for the "Press Melee to kill the dog" or whatever it says, then hammer melee, and you snap then dogs neck.

Even rewards you on the 360; "Down boy down" and 10G or something.

MP is fun too biggrin_o.gif

Call of Duty 4 multiplayer is really nice. Like all games of the series the combat feels very tense and successfully flanking the enemy feels great. The only downside is the explosive element. All that shit in the air (grenades, flashbangs, stun grenades, bombs, helicopters, more grenades) gets very stressful after some time. It's not long till the clinking sound of grenades hitting the ground will ring in your ears. Slightly exaggeratingly most ofthe time you're busy dodging grenades that are thrown everywhere and are dropped by 50% of all dead players.

I would, even though there are no physics (still!?!wink_o.gif and it's nowhere near realistic; although the SP is fun, the AI is rather stupid and usually overwhelms you with sheer numbers and firepower, than using actual tactics.

And when you hit a checkpoint, you can backtrack through levels, but not even dead bodies are left, no weapons either, very dissapointing.

The only fun mission was "All Ghillied Up", where you have to go and sneak past a bunch of Russians in Chernobyl, and fight dogs. Very cool.

The last thing was how short the campaign was, and how pathetically mind numbing the USMC missions where.

MP is awesome though, you can call in Heli Strikes, UAVs, Artillery and you can make your own guy with unique looks, perks (special abilities), and weapons! Great fun! biggrin_o.gif

Single Player: 2.3/5

Multi Player: 4.8/5

played this game on xbox live round my brother house. Its multiplayer is quality, did go on the single player but playing headquaters matches is so much fun.

Heh there is so much auto aim for CoD4 on 360. It's so easy pwning them nubs. If only I had a keyboard and mouse for 360 I'd be unstoppable. I feel so limited by this fuckin controller.

I would, even though there are no physics (still!?!wink_o.gif and it's nowhere near realistic; although the SP is fun, the AI is rather stupid and usually overwhelms you with sheer numbers and firepower, than using actual tactics.

And when you hit a checkpoint, you can backtrack through levels, but not even dead bodies are left, no weapons either, very dissapointing.

The only fun mission was "All Ghillied Up", where you have to go and sneak past a bunch of Russians in Chernobyl, and fight dogs. Very cool.

The last thing was how short the campaign was, and how pathetically mind numbing the USMC missions where.

MP is awesome though, you can call in Heli Strikes, UAVs, Artillery and you can make your own guy with unique looks, perks (special abilities), and weapons! Great fun! biggrin_o.gif

Single Player: 2.3/5

Multi Player: 4.8/5

Hated "All Ghillied Up", it just sucks, because at the ends no matter how you aim, you only blow off zakhaevs hand....  crazy_o.gif I know is part of storyline, what happend before. But i still don't like scripts controlling where my bullet flies....  crazy_o.gif

And also here is my question is distance from that hotel to Chernobyl NPP realistic? In reality its close to 1.8 km, pretty much effective range of M82. But don't you guys think in this mission, scope has too much zoom for this range?  icon_rolleyes.gif I think its much closer in game....

That's cause they are still in Priypat.

no, in game you fire from pripyat to chernobyl nuclear powrplant, which in real life close to 1.8 km

Looked like it was just down the street or, I mean, you could clearly see all the way down there. :P

But yeah, that might've been pushing it a little, silly IW.

Call of Duty 4 multiplayer is really nice. Like all games of the series the combat feels very tense and successfully flanking the enemy feels great. The only downside is the explosive element. All that shit in the air (grenades, flashbangs, stun grenades, bombs, helicopters, more grenades) gets very stressful after some time. It's not long till the clinking sound of grenades hitting the ground will ring in your ears. Slightly exaggeratingly most ofthe time you're busy dodging grenades that are thrown everywhere and are dropped by 50% of all dead players.

Yeah, grenades can get a bit off, but if they are used properly, I "give people credit" (they can't hear me, but I think it's a nice kill).

I hate grenade-campers, which I call people that see enemies on the radar and starts just throwing 'nades all over the place.

I usually throw in a flashbang/stungrenade in a building if I know that a few campers are hiding.

So fun once, 3 guys up a building, one window each.

My team was kinda' noob, so no one killed them. I ran around, throw in a stungrenade and knifed them all :P

By the way, test to play the Hardcore-mode games (they are unlocked after a while).

That rocks, no HUD unless you got radar, no crosshair, I think the auto-aim is off (doesn't really matter for me, I don't use it) and you have less health/die easier, whichever it is.

Fun game, could recommend it for anyone.

Looked like it was just down the street or, I mean, you could clearly see all the way down there. :P

But yeah, that might've been pushing it a little, silly IW.

its probablty that close, so its easier to see enemy... because in real life i don't think you would be able to see target in detail as in game. But game made is more fun, so you see hand flying off etc... xmas_o.gif

Yeah, grenades can get a bit off, but if they are used properly, I "give people credit" (they can't hear me, but I think it's a nice kill).

I do love cooking off grenades, and trying to time it so as the grenade explodes AS it reaches the target biggrin_o.gif

Only really useful for either longish range stuff, or where the target is pre-occupied with someone else, otherwise you're somewhat of an r-tard as you stand (or walk) there with the damn thing in your hand. But oh man is it satisfying when you lob a grenade in that "airbursts" as it smacks the target in the face rofl.gif (Yeah, I got Master Chef III pretty quick like tounge2.gif )