Sign in to follow this  
CsonkaPityu

Call of Duty Modern Warfare...

anything mind blowing? no. it do have maybe an hour of fun on blowing stuff up and have some sticks pumping out leads to drop someone, well lets say you wont notice anythings bad if you see this as a game that have notthing to do with real world

IMO, Mate, they are mainstream FPS. Just go forward and thats it. VERY short term lifespan, game wise I mean, like, what else can you do!? No real exercise of the mind if ya know what I mean.

But I must confess, I am a sucker for them.

But let me share my last experience with them: Played the demo of MoH Airborne. Ran a treat, Fraps was saying about 30fps overall. And just needed that WW2 fix. (Come on! You know that bug "Saving private Ryan" put into us! And if you don't, you know the games you played! And if it ain't that, its the I44 mod for OFP! OH! If I could just go back to that first day I D/L it! )

Went out to EB games to get it, ( And I live in Australia, so a fresh off the shelf game costs $100 AUD! Yes. I know. I would getter value for my money if I was BLACKMAILED! FFS! )

Got it installed and running.

When it comes to the shooting.

The F***ing prick drops down to about 5fps!

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good waste of money that one! ( Insert torrent of abuse HERE! )

CoD 4. As much i would of like to get to know you.

I am going to treat you like a like a woman who has a STD.

I'll get the demo off you.

But I ain't going all the way.

To EA: fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. ( Think it goes like that? ) You ain't getting that second chance mate!

Later Yall!

Edit: Specs; P4 3.0Ghz, 2.5 GB RAM, 8600GTS 512MB. Ran the demo, but not the game.

It explains why they dropped WW2, not because WW2 is overdone but because they would have to invest and improve alot to present the player with something new, original or more advanced.

It wouldnt surprise me if they anounced COD5-Alien Invasion four months from now, being the exact same cod game with a sci-fi flavour.

And while there is no aparent evolution to be found here the world stops when something like this comes out confused_o.gif .

They could go back in time a bit, Heatseeker:

COD 5: The Nam!  rofl.gif

They could focus on the special operations back then: SEAL/UDT, and MAC-V-SOG, Special Forces, SAS(?).

Oh why bother! It'll just be another clone! Nothing new but the scenery; gameplay will remain exactly the same.

Played the demo and i have to say.... this game is crap.  whistle.gif  It same COD, but with "modern warfare", you still have to kill and charge agains't overhelming odds, i though mdoern warfare was this, "you call air support and 1000Lbs bomb is dropped, end of combat..."  crazy_o.gif And javelin...... launches upwards 90 degrees, and lands at 90 degrees. Developers did it for a reason, if they made realistic ballistic would be impossible to hit targets close to you...

Played the demo and i have to say.... this game is crap. whistle.gif It same COD, but with "modern warfare", you still have to kill and charge agains't overhelming odds, i though mdoern warfare was this, "you call air support and 1000Lbs bomb is dropped, end of combat..." crazy_o.gif And javelin...... launches upwards 90 degrees, and lands at 90 degrees. Developers did it for a reason, if they made realistic ballistic would be impossible to hit targets close to you...

You Might want to play it on hardmode [/end]

Played the demo and i have to say.... this game is crap. whistle.gif It same COD, but with "modern warfare", you still have to kill and charge agains't overhelming odds, i though mdoern warfare was this, "you call air support and 1000Lbs bomb is dropped, end of combat..." crazy_o.gif And javelin...... launches upwards 90 degrees, and lands at 90 degrees. Developers did it for a reason, if they made realistic ballistic would be impossible to hit targets close to you...

You Might want to play it on hardmode [/end]

Do you mean the difficulty level or is this something else I haven't found. I didn't try the last one, but the only difference I could make out between lowest and third difficulty were more enemy handgrenades.

Anyone else noticed how the other guys sometimes have their hands inside the weapon? Seems like the worst thing in ArmA sometimes but in a game that lives from graphics noone cares biggrin_o.gif

Anyone else noticed how the other guys sometimes have their hands inside the weapon? Seems like the worst thing in ArmA sometimes but in a game that lives from graphics noone cares biggrin_o.gif

Because it only happens in 3rd person view. Not first person.

as the matter of fact its the javelin BS that pull me off the game, i mean, yes this aint mean to be realistic by all ways but GOD cant they just cocking about with other type of AT weapons like AT4 or SMAW instead of ruining the javelin?

p.s. oh btw, AA:SF might be the game that have the most realistic javelin in terms of gaming

Whether it's realistic or not, I love using the Javelin in CoD4! thumbs-up.gif

It looks so cool, and apart from the vertical attitude the missile takes the second it leaves the launcher, what's so terribly, criminally unrealistic about it? You look at your target, you wait for it to be aquired, you get the tone, you steady the launcher and you fire. AFAIK, that's how it works irl. The missile 'remembers' what its target is and destroys it from above.

And for Pete's sake if you're going to be so anal, stick to simulators

as the matter of fact its the javelin BS that pull me off the game, i mean, yes this aint mean to be realistic by all ways but GOD cant they just cocking about with other type of AT weapons like AT4 or SMAW instead of ruining the javelin?

p.s. oh btw, AA:SF might be the game that have the most realistic javelin in terms of gaming

yes they should have added AT-4 and SMAW.... because javelins are not made for close combat..... I wouldn't want to have this hevy junk in close combat... I'd rather use AT-4, and SMAW in game. Deploy, aim, and fire. tounge2.gif

A lot of you keep complaining that every CoD game has the same game play.

Well that's what makes it unique. Call of Duty 2 wouldn't have BF2 gameplay. Just because it's a sequel doesn't mean a game has to have completely different gameplay.

I mean come on the only difference between Operation Flashpoint and Armed Assault is better graphics and different scenery!! Why does no one complain about that?

So stop hating! Just say it's not your tastes.

A lot of you keep complaining that every CoD game has the same game play.

Well that's what makes it unique. Call of Duty 2 wouldn't have BF2 gameplay. Just because it's a sequel doesn't mean a game has to have completely different gameplay.

I mean come on the only difference between Operation Flashpoint and Armed Assault is better graphics and different scenery!! Why does no one complain about that?

So stop hating! Just say it's not your tastes.

I'm hating COD because i never liked COD, not because its exact same gameplay. It does have same gameplay, which i never liked tounge2.gif

Well, played the demo and if im honest i expected a lot more.

Been playing MOH:Airborne for a while now and i must say even if its at many parts a highly unrealistic game ( just like COD ) i had lots of fun with it cause combat is really intense in this game, alone the aiming that glues you on the spot and loows you to peek around corners or above objects in many ways is great, also when you run it really feels like runnign with the head bobbing and the weapon shaking wildly.

So well, the COD demo feeled like the COD games before or maybe a bit less good, possibly the game itself is lot better than this one rather bad demo level ( i hate the grenade madness ) but so far it looks like i wont get it.

Only intresting to me atm is that you fight against modern russians although i had preferred a russian campaign, well maybe soem mods will close that gap...

Sorry for the language, but that's complete bullshit wink_o.gif

I'm not going to bother listing everything, if you've played both games then some things should be obvious.

The last 2 Call of Duty games were fun, and I bought them. But it's just boring for me now. The gameplay is so simplistic and repetitive.

Played the MOH: Airborne demo, same comment. And it's not as good as COD either. Map design seems nice though, being more open ended than COD. At least the devs made an attempt to move away from corridor style levels where there is only one way to go.

Lmao i just played the demo! (i know, i'm late to the party!wink_o.gif

I got to say this is the funniest parody of overblown hollywood action movies ever. That fat Sergeant Velasguez with his uber distorted toughguy voice was hilarious. The way the super cobras came in at the end and just hovered like morons at eyelevel infront of a building where gunshots where coming from and miraculously knew that that was an enemy position (not like the laser tracers gave it away - since everone uses the same color apparently in CoD Land), aw man.

They knew from an IR beacon that was planted somewhere near it was also funny... I emptied my grenade launcher into one of them just for comedic effect. Infinity still likes using that cliche of the cavalry arriving i guess...

Also, the arabs gave up the high ground of the freeway just at the convinient time too! Good job crawling through the marshland instead of just popping up from high up and planting some RPG29s in that tank.

The tank crew must've been well trained also, they just sat in it rotating the turret, no shooting just looking around. You're immobile, pop a smoke and get out of that tank...

As if the US military would risk personel for a bogged down tank, they'd evac the crew and call in an airstrike to blow it to pieces.

Marines lying all over the place, every man left behind. I think i saw a platoons worth of marines lost in that mission, that would already mean mission failure.

I wonder when PC games lost their depth, even on hardened this game is easy. >_>

I doubt that the aim of this game was to focus on Realism/ with all characteristics and properties that go with a 'decent' realistic game.

COD series are well known, I even don't understand why people discuss their lack of 'realism'.

However, unless being a completely devoted 'realism-maniac', you can't exclusively live with simulators.

Regarding the game in question, it is a good game of its type.

regards,

TB

You have got to be joking right.....

Cod4 looks exactly like the others, its a quick fix with new weapons, it will find a place on my PC when it hits the bargin bin, just like cod 1 and 2.

I always wondered why Infinity Ward never chose to do a COD game on the Korean War. After all, it would actually justify using the same style of gameplay, since you could have constantly respawning North Koreans/Chinese, commando raids deep into Communist territory, and the usage of WWII weapons and the chance to play various UN forces. I guess the main reason they didn't do such a game is probably because the Korean War never ended.

I considered downloading the demo, then I saw a video of it.....

All I'm gonna say is this: I'm not going to waste my bandwidth and HD space on the same polished turd that comes out every year in a new fancy gift wrap. I'm tired of flushing large chunks of data down the R-bin, especially when I spend several hours downloading a demo.. or even worse purchasing the full product. crazy_o.gif

Anyone got the full game and played it? I read somewhere there is a realism mod included in the game. Is this true?

May be one of the cases where the demo doesnt really give you much idea about the game.

At least the Mags i read so far all were very happy with it and gave high ratings.

Guess i rent it for the weekend and well see if its worth the money.

Guest Ti0n3r

I reeeally liked the demo. After 6 months of ArmA it felt nice to finally play a game that didn't seem hmm... unpolished. I will definitely buy it.

I was feeling bored so I decided to grab a copy myself today.

Pros

-nice graphics, nice lighting effects

-intense cinematic gameplay ( may be a con to most ppl)

-awesome atmosphere (especially with the SAS missions)

-some of the best animations ive seen personally

-runs pretty good. consistently 30+ fps at 1024x768 res and normal settings with every thing set to yes. my laptop is made of a 2.0ghz core2duo processor, 2gb 667mhz ram, and a 256mb 8600GT

-multiplayer is pretty addicting what with all the unlockable perks and weapons and such

-nice iron sights and implementation of aimpoints and eotech sights

-squad mates are cool to watch. they usually run around clearing rooms and shouting and communicating and such and do bounding over watch and the like (all scripted of course)

-the levels that ive seen so far are pretty good albeit linear (in SP of course)

-some nice minor realism touches like bullet penetration, IR lasers used with NV, tactical and dry reloads, and some others i may have forgotten

Cons

-extreme scripting takes away replay value of SP (MP more than makes up for this)

-AI constantly respawns

-linear gameplay

-overwhelmingly unrealistic ( a con for me ne ways). regenerative health, weak weapons, soldiers that constantly respawn, ammo pool, crazy javelin launcher etc.

-typical story about terrorists and bombs etc ( some may not think thats a con, some may not even care about story)

mmm thats bout it

if you didnt enjoy any of the other COD games then dont even bother, but if u did enjoy them then its a must buy.