Sign in to follow this  
bob1787

New 8800/ForceWare Drivers (BETA)

Well tried it out with everything on very high except aa an af and it seemed fine, no lod bug and no noticeable fps problems.

I never had the distance all the way up, had it at roughly 2500

They seem fine so far anyway, i even flew fast and low in a jet over some of the towns and couldn't see any lod problems hehe smile_o.gif

I'm using vista 64 bit btw as i seen there are xp ones too smile_o.gif

I'll try it more tommorrow when i get in from work and have more time to make it break, looking forward to seeing how others find these drivers.

argh, im using vista x64 aswell, getting more LOD bugs on all settings, more stuttering, less frame drops with bushes but i think thats because i turned off AA on transparency and half the time it takes about 30 seconds to load all the textures in a scene and when you turn around about once in every 5 or 6 times it'll freeze

banghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gif

i put it through ArmAMark on varying levels of graphics options, this what i got confused_o.gif

My Normal Settings = 1189

Low = 1852

Normal = 1495

High = 1302

Very High = 1326

EDIT: ive been doing a lot more looking around and i think ive found a possible culprit and ive checked it out to see if it was doing it to me to. could you guys check to see what yours say?

8800gts1.jpg

I can't believe it, after several different drivers and playing ArmA on increasingly lower detail to try to stop the LOD problems, this driver has worked! No more LOD problems! I haven't seen one yet and i'm even trying ArmA at Medium/High detail. I'm very impressed, now all I need is a good sound mod that doesn't kill other mods and I can start enjoying this rough diamond.

yay.gifsmile_o.gifyay.gif

Hmmmm ... think these 165 drivers are worse than the 158

Resinstalled the 158, but it looks like it didn't work in full, still seems like the 165 is installed.

Sometimes when I pull up the map, the map looks like just faint coloured blocks, text is just individual color blocks and the computer is going super slow. Exit the map and it generally stops.

I didn't notice any big fps difference in cities, forrest nor flying with Ansiso low-very high, so using it as very high...

Gnat: NVidia recommends uninstall - reboot - install - reboot method...

Gnat @ April 25 2007,16:12)]Hmmmm ... think these 165 drivers are worse than the 158

Resinstalled the 158, but it looks like it didn't work in full, still seems like the 165 is installed.

Sometimes when I pull up the map, the map looks like just faint coloured blocks, text is just individual color blocks and the computer is going super slow. Exit the map and it generally stops.

yeah i have that problem aswell, have you got a 320MB 8800?

ive checked NVIDIA system in control panel and its not saying anything bad

8800gts2.jpg

I've started to notice lod errors now sad_o.gif

Only when there is alot going on though, and it seems to fix it self most of the time. can be a bit irritating though, especially since i'm a perfectionist and need everything to be running on full detail and working ok lol sad_o.gif

i can run everything on super high and get 17FPS, on desert island, if i dont move around, and theres nothing else there. then i get 20FPS... in the map editor. i did a little running around on sahrani and im still getting LOD bugs, especially with shadows, most of the time they come and go when you start looking around

i ran 3DMark06 earlier and got 6000 (ive gotten 9000+ before with these cards) and framerates dropping down to 15FPS but only on certain sections (where normally id be getting 30-50+). then i got the old supreme commander going and got 20FPS again, i dunno if its limited to 20FPS but im sure ive seen it go higher

ive got the DirectX 9.0c (april 2007 with webupdate) from microsoft, reinstalled v15 NF4 chipset drivers and have gone back to v158.19 and im still getting the same problems sad_o.gif

After further testing in the main city with multiple squads, running at medium detal, there are still some LOD problems. However they are occuring at a much lesser rate than with previous drivers. So this driver for me is an improvement but not a full fix.

Just thought this thread was worth bumping for those who haven't seen it.

AMD Anthalon 4600+2.4ghz Dual 64x 2 gig NVidia 8800GTSOC 320mb, TOTAL difference with this driver I had 7600 an was gettin single digit to low teens fps I'm now getting low 30's fps(even in da jungle) an jumped on a random server an it jumped to low 50's yay.gifyay.gif on normal settings. Have some heat issues so I'm keepin the settings on normal til i can sort out the heat problem. A big TY to the person who posted this!!!

Gnat @ April 25 2007,16:12)]Hmmmm ... think these 165 drivers are worse than the 158

thats the problem i have in 1.05beta, but the no page file thing fixed it, with 1.06 DEMO this problem also fixed even i enable my page back, dunno how will it work in 1.07 through

Just thought this thread was worth bumping for those who haven't seen it.

Leaving the 158 ones on now as they work a dream in ARMA and supreme commander.

Has someone tried 158.22 forceware released May 2.?

i tried it... are the worse driver that they ever made for arma.. every couple of seconds lod and lag...

i tried it... are the worse driver that they ever made for arma.. every couple of seconds lod and lag...

No such problem here, but also, no change from 158.19s. You will need to mod the inf for them to work on cards other than the 8 series.