Sign in to follow this  
ravellron

new driver 8800 series...

i didn't try it yet, but with this driver everything run well all on max...they told me..

finally they solve problem with this game..

http://www.nvidia.it/object/winxp_2k_158.19_it.html

you can also download it off 3d guru most vista users have reported amazing new performance for the new drivers. the last few in Xp have alos sorted just about every game I play (even rainbow 6 vegas is fixed!wink_o.gif

Thx for the tip ravellron

Well silly me didn't check much the fog at a VD of 10,000, but so far these drivers look better, good. Good, but not great.

Pics taken with everything on Very High and @ 10,000 VD

Machine is a E6420, P965P-DS3 MB, 2GB Ram and a 640MB 8800 GTS. No OC'ing

At ground level is runs 15-30FPS

Reduce down to 2,500 VD which is plenty good enough for gameplay and its 20-40FPS.

These are obviously tests with only a couple of units ingame.

8800_Test_1.jpg

i'm happy that's everything go fine..

i try it before, and go very well.. i keep 4000.. so i can fit high the terrain... go 30-->40... good good with everythings very High...

1600x1200...lol....

I guess its my turn to try  yay.gif

Well it Improves it, much nicer than the others did. smile_o.gif

i try it before, and go very well.. i keep 4000.. so i can fit high the terrain... go 30-->40... good good with everythings very High...

1600x1200...lol....

Oh come on man. Are you seriously saying that you're playing ArmA on 1600x1200 with everything maxed out and a viewing distance of 4000 with an average of 30-40 fps? What are your system specs? You must be either playing on that desert island all day or have some Quadcore setup with a pair of 8800 GTX's.

As for the new drivers. I did notice some improvements but the game is still dropping to unplayable frames whenever theres too much vegetation around.

E6600 - 2GB DDR2 - XFX 8800 GTS/580 XXX

Did some testing as well...

Settings as:

settings.jpg

30 minutes of flying in littlebird around sahrani, no CTD, no framerate-dropping, FPS 25-60 (VSync On), 25fps only when loading textures. Mostly around 40.

I don't know about you, but I cannot set Terrain detail to "Very High" if viewdistance >3750m?!?

Well, does not really matter because almost all servers limit it to 1200meters or so...

Edit: And the specs: Intel C2D E6600 @ 3150MHz (1400MHz FSB), 2GB DDR2-800 (700MHz), Inno3D 8800GTX (Core 630MHz, Memory 1025MHz)

I installed the new 8800 drivers and now have a bright line along my left and top side of the monitor in armed assault.

you can also download it off 3d guru most vista users have reported amazing new performance for the new drivers.   the last few in Xp have alos sorted just about every game I play (even rainbow 6 vegas is fixed!wink_o.gif

so these will work under vista or am i reading this wrong?

so these will work under vista or am i reading this wrong?

WinXP... But there's also Vista-drivers with same fixes (?).

Yeah i thought that lol, these are xp version of the vista ones i have already goodnight.gif

1600x1200...lol....

Oh come on man. Are you seriously saying that you're playing ArmA on 1600x1200 with everything maxed out and a viewing distance of 4000 with an average of 30-40 fps? What are your system specs? You must be either playing on that desert island all day or have some Quadcore setup with a pair of 8800 GTX's.

As for the new drivers. I did notice some improvements but the game is still dropping to unplayable frames whenever theres too much vegetation around.

E6600 - 2GB DDR2 - XFX 8800 GTS/580 XXX

E6600@3.4

2x 1gb ddr2 800

striker extreme

8800gtx 648/1020

it's good frame rate....30^40

in desert 70^80

i noticed the highest fps drops in arma is (for me) between 2500 and 3500m ...

try it with 2.5 , then 3 and 3.5km ...

tell me what fps you get thx

I installed the new 8800 drivers and now have a bright line along my left and top side of the monitor in armed assault.

That might be because you have Anti Alias set in your video control panel. Change it in Video control panel to application controlled and set it in the game options instead.

That might be because you have Anti Alias set in your video control panel. Change it in Video control panel to application controlled and set it in the game options instead.

That was the problem, thanks for the tip.

Got the CTD finally...

Anyways:

2007-04-26 19:36:20 - arma

Frames: 362379 - Time: 7970944ms - Avg: 45.462 - Min: 8 - Max: 61

That's in Evolution with settings.jpg

I was having issues, Thanks to this thread I now have the same settings as above (tho res is 1600x1200 (EDIT: And Settings are High, not Very High) and its hasnt crashed yet and is looking supurb. Who woulda thunk anti alias should be set on low on a high end system!

I had so much fun I caught myself slurring 'who needs a patch?' ...   goodnight.gif  

Happy shooting at last, Cheers fella's.

(Yesterdays issues)

Ive just spent me sunday fitting in the 2nd 8800GTS and then the next few hours installing the drivers, to find SLI not working.. Few google searchs later, Find its a bios Issue and to use the Beta's.  Use the Beta's, reboot after flashing and my OS could not be found.  Not being that PC savy, Panick set in. Bit of BIOS fiddling later i spot the RAID was off. One lesson learned I guess. End product....

CPU: AMD Athlonâ„¢ 64 x2 Dual Core 5200+ 2613

Memory: 4096

Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer INC. M2N4-SLI

BIOS: 902beta

Graphics Cards Manufacturer: Inno3D

Dual NVIDIA GPUs: 2x NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS 320mb

Driver: Nvidia 158.18

Sound: Realtek AC'97 Audio

Hard Drive(s): C:\ (465.8 GB)

Benchmarks: 3Dmark06 score: 9461

Notes: Vista Home Premium 32bit

Now SLI works and FX looks freaking sweet.  FS9 flashs in and out like an Auto Alt-Tab.. And ArmA , the mission i tried.. Basic Helicopter manuevers. Whilst walking the screen would flash white, and slowly build up to the speed that would set epileptics off. Everything then washs out white, resets again to normal textures and restarts the whole flashing process. Entering the helicopter stopped it, apon starting the engine it flashed a few times but cleared.. It appeared again for about 6 seconds on the way to get the troops.

Only other issue i had was the Fog.. Coulda been the weather  xmas_o.gif And the 'rubber band effect'  (smooth then the mild pause.. smooth etc)  Im used to it from a game called Trainz and funny thing I found was that in the helicopter, There was no rubber banding.. just smooth flying. Till it crashed into a desktop.

My distance is set at about 5km and most settings are above average, The game looks sweet.. If only I could enjoy it for longer than 2 mins because so far it doesnt go much longer than that and just crashs to desktop.

Is there any hope a patch could bring it up to run on Dual core\SLI's better than it does now or is it another package to shelve and wait for next offering from them ? (Hey I still love their work, even if it doesnt currently work for me)

Bit of a waffle n rant but oh well..  help.gif

looks like not even the better pcs available for civilians runs ARMA with all settings max.

Could this be as ofp was? Even now you cant run OFP with all max.. whistle.gif

C2D E6400

2 Gig DDR2

8800GTS 640meg

Creative X-fi Plat.

1280x1024x32

terrain: high

Objects: high

Texture: Very high

Shading: Very high

post process: high

Anisotropic F : high

Shadow: Very high

AA: low

Blood : high

Using the new drivers with vsync forced off my average FPS has jumped from 15 to 30 and I no longer get large fps drops near trees and bush. (these numbers are from online and network play, they seem to be lower in SP campaign)

It's not the 90fps i get in bf2 but it's made the game playable again so I'll take it. I've had the game since it came out in Germany and I can finally play it with decent performance.