m1.jpg

m2.jpg

m4.jpg

m3.jpg

Edit: Ah, reading the earlier posts I now see that it looks like

Curatalo has given up on this. That's what I get for being

away.     icon_rolleyes.gif

well one small step for man........

I managed too get the fences into the game.

since the objects are a little easier too port I figured I'd start there. here's some pics.

fences.jpg

fence1.jpg

gunna try some units and the rest of the entrenchments  then the "U.S.S Monitor" but it might take some time.

@Col Faulkner......those are first class models we could use your skills. I never was any good at modelling and really

dont have the patience. My model of the "C.S.S Virginia" was quite pathetic but I did get it working in OFP.

stonewall

Wow.

Looks great if you guys are gonna continue this project also for ArmA.

thumbs-up.gif

I suppose but really it should be remade - i mean heck our stuff looked pretty neat for ofp! But even that would be a bit rought for arma hmm

I think if a mod like this was made for arma (i mean sure we can port stuff and it would happen for mods that cover weirder subjects where its less likely to be built by scratch from new dudes) just its gonna look a bit rough. I mean what are the main advantages from porting it from ofp to arma?

Its higher specs for less performance - i mean i could be wrong!

Id love to make a mod like this for Arma but WOW it just would take a huge amount of effort!! Civil War mod was never a really slick presentation - house divided was slicker but never got passed its public beta...

Neither really created the battles of the civil war (or can hope too) but they can perhaps make skirmishes etc.

For that i think such a mod should focus on a part of the conflict where smaller scale battles were more likely - and should feature militias, wild west type stuff too (during and post war)

Tis a thought!

Neither really created the battles of the civil war (or can hope too) but they can perhaps make skirmishes etc.

For that i think such a mod should focus on a part of the conflict where smaller scale battles were more likely - and should feature militias, wild west type stuff too (during and post war)

Tis a thought!

And a very good thought. The ArmA engine would lend itself

quite well to representing small units like bushwhackers

and jayhawkers (ie. small guerilla groups who did things

like attacking patrols and supply-convoys, holding-up

mail-coaches, doing bank-raids and stuff like that). Large

set-piece battles I don't think would work very well (or be

all that very interesting, to be honest).

@Stonewall Jackson.  Do you want those rifle models

finished? I was going to discard them now that "curatalo"

has apparently chickened out, but I can carry on with them

if they are wanted. I own an 1858 Remington Army .44 cal

revolver (only a reproduction, sadly) and was thinking of

doing one of those too. For the rifles I can also make

accurate models of a US M1861 .69 cal cartridge box, and a

CSA one (CSA issue but visually identical to the US M1839

pattern).

@Gavin.... Ya it's the time period we're after right? A mission can be anything you want it too be, be it small or large. Too have the Immersion you gotta have the objects and hopefully the maps as well as the units and weapons. As for porting over from OFP....lets just say its easier for now as a start.

@Col Faulkner....for sure keep up the work. PM me and see if we can get some of them ingame.

stonewall

here's the last of the objects i'll port over with all the shadows enabled. I wanted too port the gunstack but I have too do a bit more testing on the weapons. I'm close on the ships. seems you have too add the turret animations in the cfgmodel section. not a prob but golf seems too be getting in the way of my testing icon_rolleyes.gif

here's a pic of the last of the objects.

All.jpg

and Gettysburg in the desert?..........

sign.jpg

stonewall

Awesome Stonewall!!! Keep it up!

Geeeesseee, I hope theyle just hurry up and get those tools done tho!! ;-(!!!!

Yeah if there is a port over, I'm open to the possibility of our graphics and stuff with house divided coming in cos honestly a lot of that stuff did look nice, we even had some nice weapon remodels that lt hunter did that he might be willing to share with.

Testing out many things at once and things are going slow.

The weapons are taking up a lot of my time but getting there.

In the meantime here is the transport with the new particles, which are very nice btw!. still some config probs though, And as always the model is not the best.

trans2.jpg

trans1.jpg

Still at it............

stonewall

Looks incredible smile_o.gif You should make an own topic for it though, and post updates in the first post smile_o.gif so people can keep track of it more easily.

Dannnggg dude, that looks awesome!!!!

Keep us posted!

notworthy.gif

slow progress on the guns but here's the musket.

gun3.jpg

gun.jpg

had too take out the reload anims and smoke but I got it into the game and it seems too fire o.k.. seems the soldier does'nt quite hold the rifle right as well so some work still has too be done.

stonewall

Have you guys gotten the models that COl. Faulkner(Sorry if I spelt your name rong) made???

Those things looked very nice!

thumbs-up.gif

well I am still at it. Here is WIP on the units.

the problem with the soldiers is much tougher than I thought it would be.

I think that they will have too redone from scratch.

I have a working unit in the game and everything is working fine but I NEED Better models.

My moddeling skills are very limited and am looking for someone out there too help with

1 Confederate and 1 union model.

start.jpg

stonewall

Your rifle (presumably an M61 Springfield?) looks a bit too

long, too skinny and it doesn't have enough bands.

Edit: Yours does have three bands, sorry.

I'm very sorry, I forgot all about these:

ACWRifles.jpg

If you still want them I can finish them off and make the

cartridge pouches for them. Sorry. Please send me a PM for

any correspondence - I sometimes miss threads.

hope you all had a good Christmas!

I'm gunna take time out from AGEod's Civil War which I've been playing for a while and take a shot at these Infantry Models again. Check out this game if your into Operational Civil War. It's a good game and a good company which listens to the general public.

AGEod homepage

If I can get these models done  I can move foward.

stonewall

Yea, haven't been updates for some time now.. Cant say how happy I am that this great mod is finding its way to Arma, Keep up the great work wink_o.gif

Hey guys.

I apreachiate your skills and look forward to your great work.

I enjoyed everything you guys made for OF, can't wait for a Arma Mod, please please please don't give up working and I soooooo hope you'll give us something in the near future.

You guys are cool, your mod was the best thing for flashpoint in my opinion.

cheers from your Fan!!!!!!

would be really nice if you can give us a status report. pistols.gif

We'll I might have to take a break from AGEod and start up trying to get these models in the game. I quit playing while I made some scenarios for the "American Civil War" guys over at AGE. Like I said ...the Models might take a while as My modeling skills are limited but 2 crappy models are better than no models at all.

We'll see how it goes in the next couple of weeks.

stonewall

Quote[/b] ]We'll I might have to take a break from AGEod and start up trying to get these models in the game. I quit playing while I made some scenarios for the "American Civil War" guys over at AGE. Like I said ...the Models might take a while as My modeling skills are limited but 2 crappy models are better than no models at all.

We'll see how it goes in the next couple of weeks.

Veeery good news stonewall j. hope everything is going fine thumbs-up.gif