Sign in to follow this  
Victor_S.

Activation Error

Hello all,

I know that issues with a game bought from metaboli should be taken to them, but they have failed to help me in any way. I bought the german version of AMRA from metaboli and it worked fine with the 1.02 patch. I patched to 1.05 and when I enter my activation code it gives me this error.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Protection System Fatal Error

Unhandled exception in the Protection System GUI application. Try restarting the application. If the problem persists, contact the product customer support.

Detailed error information:

Type; class RemoteObjectControl;;Client;;ConnectionLostException

Location; class LBuffer_thiscall RemoteObjectcontrol;;Client;;ReceiveBuffer(void)

line; 378

Message; (null)

I already redownloaded everything reinstalled and metaboli says I still have an activation left. Has anyone had this problem. It is very frustrating not being able to play the game because of the stupid protection system and all the tech support can tell me is to redownload it...

Victor

I agree with you that issues with Sprocket, Softwrap.. whomever is involved is part of Bohemia Interactive's responsability.

We have all bought the game (DVD, CD or download) based on Bohemia Interactive's reputation for OFP.

The people who are in the background are letting them down and dragging down the whole game and community.

I bought the Chezk version sometime ago but due to issues such as (no activation codes for weeks on end after downloading, inability to re-activate issues after upgrade installs and no response from support), I think I might have been able to play a total of 3 or 4 times since I payed for the game.

I envy the luck ones who have had no issues but for the many who either gave up, I know a few, I again think Bohemia Interactve is somewhat resposnable.

I feel that Idea has been somewhat supportive, for me anyhow but the turn around for assistance appears to be long.

I personally will never ever purchase software as a download again from anybody after the experince with this download.

Metaboli and StarForce (as this is a StarForce issue) is aware of this issue and will fix it asap so that you can activate and play the game you bought.