imutep

Unexpected War V1.0 - Campaign

Unexpected War V1.1 Final Version

The Assault Mission Studio proudly present a campaign made by Imutep and Stoned Boy.

This is a campaign who tells a story about german army and KSK in Afghanistan. The players plays 4 different characters from the normal BW-soldier, the KSK operator and 2 different afghan rebels.

Unexfinal_012.jpg

Download newset version 1.1 final Dec. 22. 2008

Unexpected War V1.1 Final (Dec.22.2008)

Note: You must download both needed addon packs again, because we used more addons in this final version.

Needed Addons:

BWMOD-Addons (96.7 MB RAR-Datei)

Unex-Addons (174 MB RAR-Datei)

New in Version 1.1 Final:

* complete in english and german language

* 1 new mission (KSK)

* Fixed all missions

* New effects and features

* Better KI

* New intros and cutscenes

* Sound in Briefings

* New Pics for Overview and Briefings

* A lot of useful scripts from the community

* And a lot of more

13 Missions big and it's only chapter 1 of the campaign. Chapter 2 we plan in ArmA, if the right addons and island are released in near future. (BIS, where are the tools? smile_o.gif )

At the moment the campaign is only in german language, but we plan it to translate in english too *smile_o.gif

More infos and screens you can find on our AMS-website. and our Forum.

Hope you enjoy

Best regards

Imutep *thumbs-up.gif

PS: This is not an official campaign from BIS. Use it at your own risk.

Edited by Imutep

Looks promising. Is this in german only? That's a bit strange.

Edit:

I'm in the second mission now and I really like it so far. There are civilians in the towns and you don't know who you can trust (suicide bombers). The friendly AI seems a bit low skilled for me.

The Full Metal Jacket music in the second mission fits perfectly smile_o.gif

Getting:

"Preprocessor failed on file campaigns\unexpected war\mission\Intro.CATIntro\descriptopn.ext-error 1"

DL'ed all the required addon packs-@unex;@bwmod and placed 'unexpected war' in the campaign folder.

Any suggestions?

Have you put it in the <ofp-root>/campaigns or the <opf-root>/res/campaigns folder? I have it in res/campaigns and it works.

Hi there, frogglyluv,

I received exactly the same error message when first trying to play the campaign.

By now, I have found out that while the .rar files do unpack to mod folders with the names @UNEX and @BWMOD, they don't have the necessary subfolder called 'addons' (in real, without the quotation marks of course) inside the respective modfolder.

We all know the deal with OFP: If you have installed the files in the path [your OFP directory]\ @UNEX\addons, it works. But if you installed all files into [your OFP directory]\@UNEX instead, nothing is found by the game engine.

So, try opening the @UNEX and the @BWMOD folder and create the missing subfolder called 'addons' in both of them, then cut-paste all files into this subfolder in the respective modfolder and there you go.

tourist

Excellent! Indeed seemed to be the missing addon folders huh.gif

Now if i could only find my fetching young  German translator...

I'm just trying this since yesterday, seems pretty good although not being too good on German I'm kind of guessing what to do. I'm also on mission 2, like the cutscenes and choice of music, quite immersive so far. smile_o.gif

Thanks for feedback and sorry for late answer, but i was away for few days. Nice to hear, that most of you enjoy the campaign

If anybody got probs with the 2 Modfolders, so you also can put all the addons from @Unex...and @BWMOD in your resistance-addonsfolder too. It works also wink_o.gif

@Nebumuk and wolfbics:

To find the right music to the cuts in Mission 2, was not easy. Nice, that you enjoy it smile_o.gif

@froggyluv:

I hope the campaign works now by you. Sorry, that it is in german, but our english is'nt good enough, to translate all missions. Sorry for that confused_o.gif

@tourist:

Thanks for helping the guys with the Modfolder-probs thumbs-up.gif

@froggyluv:

I hope the campaign works now by you. Sorry, that it is in german, but our english is'nt good enough, to translate all missions. Sorry for that confused_o.gif

Do you use stringtables in the missions? If so it should be no problem to find some translators, I volunteer wink_o.gif

No, i don't used stringtables in the missions. Only in one mission. But i wanna make it, if i find anybody for translate smile_o.gif

BTW: Equilibrum from BIS.4Players make a Trailer for the campaign, month ago.

Trailer for Unexpected War/ by Equilibrum

I'm getting an error that says I'm missing a addon called "switchmoooves"?  Never heard of an addon called that.

GD Mast

P.S.-Stand-by...downloading the unex addon now.

No, i don't used stringtables in the missions. Only in one mission. But i wanna make it, if i find anybody for translate smile_o.gif

As I said, I would do it. PM me if you are interested.

As I said, I would do it. PM me if you are interested.

OK, fine... PM is on the way

Thanks a lot thumbs-up.gif

<span style='font-size:27pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:brown'>Unexpected War 1.1 Final</span></span>

Hi again...i've good news for all interested people.

Unexpected War V1.1 is work in progress. The new version includes 2 brand new misions (BW and Talebs) and also bugfixes.

Thomas Bernet and Al Musahimi see you again. smile_o.gif

hasim1gx1.jpg

When we got enough time to work, we release this year. whistle.gif

More Pics:

KSK-Base near Kandahar

Thomas Bernet

For further information and news please visit our Assault Mission Studio or the forum thread to the campaign.

Stay tuned

Imutep and Stoned Boy

Now the works on the final version of the campaign goes on and we've fixed many errors in different missions.

unexfinal_01.jpg

New in Version 1.1 Final:

* complete in english and german language

* 3-5 new missions (KSK)

* Fixed all missions

* New effects and features

* Better KI

* New intros and cutscenes

* Sound in Briefings

* New Pics for Overview and Briefings

* A lot of useful scripts from the community

* And a lot of more

So stay tuned...

Imutep  smile_o.gif

Till christmas it's done  smile_o.gif

Stay tuned...

IT IS DONE!

-=RELEASE=-

Unexpected war 1.1 Final version. See first post for infos and downloadlinks.

Marry Christmas and have fun with Unexpected war V1.1 Final in english language  xmas_o.gif

Thanks Imutep for the updated campaign (in English no less!wink_o.gif. This will be a pleasant diversion over the holiday.

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year! smile_o.gif

Hope you all enjoyed it so far  smile_o.gif

I just re-installed this after a two year gap when Arma came out, lol. Anyway, I love all the work you guys put into the storyline, intros, sounds etc, really impressive and way above most of the user made missions/campaigns I played in Arma.

Anyway, help required! I'm stuck on the weapons depot mission.... I destroyed both sets of ammo crates in the depot that show on the map, and even the third one for good measure, double checked you cant use them, then I destroyed all vehicles, truck, toyota etc and the heavy machine gun post.....no mission complete? so I go back to the first camp, destroy any vehicles there I might have forgot and the big gun was destroyed first time around, still nothing whistle.gif I must have spent two hours in the mission going over everything making sure all enemies were dead etc, I cant figure out what I'm missing, anyone?huh.gif??