Sign in to follow this  
Badgerboy

Texture Issue in Multi - Vista

Hi all,

This problem only manifests intself in multiplayer.

I'll log into a server and start playing, and all the 3D shapees revert to basic models. (Trucks have square wheels etc) After a period time, these revert to decent models again, but usually stripped of textures. To top it off, I then randomly lose the action menus and cross hair!

Alt Tabbing merely brings up a black window, which I can still control, and type in, but renders no graphics!

Any ideas?

Intel Core Duo 2400

Twin 7950 OC's in SLI

2 GB RAM

Abit Fatality SLI NForce 650 MB

Vista 32bit

Latest drivers.

That is the same symptoms as the lod bug, so i'd hazard a guess that that is what it is. Only you get it in MP, turn AA to low, and post processing to low, and the rest to high, see if that works.

Hi all,

This problem only manifests intself in multiplayer.

I'll log into a server and start playing, and all the 3D shapees revert to basic models. (Trucks have square wheels etc) After a period time, these revert to decent models again, but usually stripped of textures. To top it off, I then randomly lose the action menus and cross hair!

Alt Tabbing merely brings up a black window, which I can still control, and type in, but renders no graphics!

Any ideas?

Intel Core Duo 2400

Twin 7950 OC's in SLI

2 GB RAM

Abit Fatality SLI NForce 650 MB

Vista 32bit

Latest drivers.

HI i have the same problem after recently updating my system (pretty much the same as yours), my previous system as mentioned in my signature didnt have the LOD bug.

Dont know what to do even if i reduce the texturers down it still happens over time confused_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]HI i have the same problem after recently updating my system (pretty much the same as yours), my previous system as mentioned in my signature didnt have the LOD bug.

Dont know what to do even if i reduce the texturers down it still happens over time

tey the -maxmem=512 in the command line, if it works, bump it up to 1024, try it again.

Lunatic @ April 22 2007,19:04)]
Quote[/b] ]HI i have the same problem after recently updating my system (pretty much the same as yours), my previous system as mentioned in my signature didnt have the LOD bug.

Dont know what to do even if i reduce the texturers down it still happens over time

tey the -maxmem=512 in the command line, if it works, bump it up to 1024, try it again.

Yep got set at 512mb, if i go any higher i get the bug??? Maybe driver releases in future will fix huh.gif

ive played around with the maxmem parameter and it seems to effect VRAM rather than normal RAM as i still get 800MB+ memory usage in task manager and less of a problem with the LOD bug