Sign in to follow this  
CameronMcDonald

Normal Maps + Missing Script

I chucked a few searches before I threw this up, and I don't create threads very often, so here goes. Mods, please bear with me.

2 problems:

Firstly, does anyone have the D-Day Machine Gun script from OFP? I'd like to convert it to ArmA for use in a mission, but I can't find it anywhere, and I deleted it myself when I last ransacked my ole OFP folder.

Secondly (and most importantly), I am still working on my own retexture of the ArmA ACU units, and my most important efforts involve the addition of new MOLLE strips to the IBA. However, these look like absolute crap unless normal maps are added, and so, although I've asked a couple of forum members who have been quite helpful to me, I was curious as to:

- How do I create (and correctly save) a normal map for ArmA, assuming I have completed my .PAA textures (I also have them in PSD format) and have installed the NVidia normal map plugin for Photoshop?

- I understand that the normal map is saved as a _nohq .PAA file... but why can't I open this with TexView?

- Is it possible to edit BIS' original normal maps? If so, how? This would save me eons of time.

and

- What do RVMAT files have to do with textures?

Any help I can get for these would be wonderful. Thanks in advance.  band.gif