Sign in to follow this  
UnYx

Versions supported by BIS?

I posted the following bug on the bug tracking system and got this very efficient answer:

Quote[/b] ](0001528)

admin

03-13-07 12:56

there is no "Blood, Sweat And Tears"-Mission ... sorry for that....

ask your exclusive publisher, how this can be fixed...

The german, polish and czech customers don't know what you are talking about.

[EDIT]The end of the initial message (quoted below) has no more reason to remain, since BIS reaction clearly shows that all versions are supported (see 2 posts below):

Quote[/b] ]Hence my question : do you support all versions or only some?

If only some, which versions and why ?

REM.: I already bought Morphicon & 505 Games versions ... shall I buy a 3rd to get support ?

[/EDIT]

My guess is that this mission was made by the publisher.

I don't know if that reply is from a BIS employee. If it is then only explanation can be that this mission really was made by the publisher and BIS wishes you contact them instead. If this scenario is true then it is still unforgivable from BIS in my honest opinion: the customer need not to know whom's fault a problem is. Just take the bug report and direct it to the publisher, no need to make your customers angry.

If the reply is not from a BIS employee then it is not an excuse...

...and I really doubt this came from BIS. As this is the "ArmA Community BugTracker" there can be some volunteer admin speaking, or else this is very bad customer service from BIS:

Quote[/b] ]The german, polish and czech customers don't know what you are talking about.

Should we really care about that? Is it our fault?

For BIS customer service/volunteer bugtracker admins: do not tell us it is someone elses's fault. That looks very bad. Swallow your pride and just pass the complaint forward to the right place. We do not care whom's fault it is!

The bug tracking was reopened by Suma and his comment is clear:

Quote[/b] ](0002020)

Suma

04-21-07 17:25

Admin in bad mood, or some misunderstanding? The fact the mission "Blood Sweat And Tears" is present only in 505 version does not make the issue non-existent.

Bad mood happens wink_o.gif & I'm pleased to seen BIS is still reactive smile_o.gif

I had not enough time to add a screenshot of the bug at the time of the bug report, but since I got some tonight, I gonna try and add one.

Good to hear.

Admin was definitely in bad mood, such rude and stupid the reply was.

So, all good for now thumbs-up.gif

yes... i'm still in bad mood about that...

because of this ...

http://bugs.armed-assault.net/view.php?id=2305

So why BIS doesn't fix this bug before complaining that exclusive content is not supported in the Community Bugtracker?!!

these were my replies with the admin-account, because i deactivated my own account, after realizing that we (german,czech,polish,etc)-players are treated in such a nice way.

This bugtracker is not made by BIS. I set it up with I&C.

It is great that you set the bugtracker, it is very much appreciated work. Thank You all who were related setting it all up.

But don't you think you are complaining about a non-valid issue?

A publisher gives a mission exclusively for its customers, that is something you can't complain about to BIS I think? It for sure is not a problem in Armed Assault that BIS should fix, if the mission exclusive to some publisher is not in the version you own...

Edit: Maybe ask 505 games to give the mission for you? I think they are the only ones who can give it to you legally.

yes... i'm still in bad mood about that...

because of this ...

http://bugs.armed-assault.net/view.php?id=2305

So why BIS doesn't fix this bug before complaining that exclusive content is not supported in the Community Bugtracker?!!

these were my replies with the admin-account, because i deactivated my own account, after realizing that we (german,czech,polish,etc)-players are treated in such a nice way.

This bugtracker is not made by BIS. I set it up with I&C.

Hi boecko,

I understand better what happened now smile_o.gif

I can understand how you feel about this mission that looks was included in only the 505 games version. It's obviously frustrating.

As said Baddo, and as far as I know, this is a misson that 505 games developped on their own, that's why it was not included in the 1.05 patch.

On the other side, the presence of the multiple Publishers generates multiple frustrations : first buyers feel betrayed when the exclusive contents of the version of a new publisher gets out, with a new patch version they will only have days or weeks after.

It happened with 505 Games and now with Atari it happens once again.

But we have to remember that:

* Arma, like OFP is a game that will last, so a few days or weeks are not that impossible to wait wink_o.gif

* The good news is that now I think that all Publishers are known and all have launched their versions => patch 1.06 is the last one eanyone will get with a delay.

* "Blood sweat and tears" is only a mission file and all the rest of the game is identical => we could say 1 mission file lost, 10 dowloaded: There are so many mission makers, modders and so on that you'll replace it with pleasure by tens or hundreds ones you'll find on the net (that's what makes us all love this game family) wink_o.gif

P.S. : I just tried to reproduce the bug tonight in order to post screens, but it seems that it disappeaed in version 1.05 ... whistle.gif So, I whined and had the topic reopened ... for a bug that is no more... no comment, gonna hide myself banghead.gifgoodnight.gif

Of course it is a minor issue, but it was the last tiny tip boecko needed to tilt out smile_o.gif

Usually he is 100000000000 times more diplomatic then I ever could be.