Sign in to follow this  
[aps]gnat

MV-22 Osprey Tilt-Rotor

Very nice job! Can't wait to see what this develops into. notworthy.gifyay.gif

thing is that V-22 will be used mostly for utility role(transportation) and even Air Forces variant CV-22, designated as HV-22?(Special Forces varriant) will not have gunship role sad_o.gif

Use your brains. How can this size bird will outstand enemy fire, even with armor? You see, the whole tiltrotor is very vunruable to any damage to computer, hidraulics and engine.

If you want to make this thing stand against weapons, you need to up-armor whole tiltrotor, because even in cargo bay there is cables important to continue the flight, what to say about people lives...

But i would love to see it with at least 3x7,62mm gatling guns for self defence.

Yeah, in this year marines squadron(the only squadron opperational, used for training) MV-22s should be tested in combat situations.

Nowadays, V-22s are slow at switching from conventional aircraft to helicopter(hover), but i hope this will be fixed, because it's improving every day.

P.S. oh yeah, how come i would not have some spare PDFs for info... so if someone will need those, contact me, i would help wink_o.gif

great job bro!

5 guns! yikes...tht's new

btw, i thought the V-22 is well is supposed to have a chin turret ignore the top part but check out the below comments..

here's a linkV-22 Weapons

hope it helps and i so hope i'm wrong coz i'd love to be blazing away on a gat with 7.62mm shells spraying away cutting some SLAgs,

regards, greg

As that article mentions, you cant put side mounted guns on the Osprey like a normal chopper because of the danger of shooting the engines (or props).  

The only place you will ever see a gun mounted on the Osprey is on the rear ramp, like you currently see on CH-47's and CH-53's.  They mention that at the bottom of the article but for some reason they say it is too expensive even for the Marine Corp's taste. Either way, I guarantee that when the Osprey starts seeing action, they are gonna want that gun on the rear ramp and crews will retrofit them if they have to.

But I think whoever wrote that article doesnt know what they are talking about.  The USMC has a notoriously low budget for new equipment compared to the other services, so I dont know why they would claim the Marine Corp has expensive tastes.  Furthermore they say the MV-22 hasn't gotten much media attention.   Well I hear news about it all the time.

1.06 Patch

Quote[/b] ]5142 - New: Helicopter animation controllers cyclicForward and cyclicAside added.

..... biggrin_o.gif .... this could be VERY handy because I'm experimenting with overlaping animations and bones ..... this could improve the appearace of the tilting vs speed etc a lot.

Only problem I've noticed is that the helicopter model is ignoring my attempts to improve the top speed, sort of stuck at 15-200 cruise sad_o.gif

As for the guns ... well it was a wish for a Gunship .... whistle.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock
Gnat @ May 02 2007,15:26)]Only problem I've noticed is that the helicopter model is ignoring my attempts to improve the top speed, sort of stuck at 15-200 cruise sad_o.gif

Just add more Mass Gnat. The higher the mass the higher the top speed and acceleration.

Hi, that V-22A Osprey model was made, textured and mapped by

Sole, not by me. I just remade the textures a bit; very poorly if you ask me, even lower than the OFP 1.10 CWC textures detail.

I'll love to have a MV-22B Osprey up to the ArmA models/textures

quality, where transport my Johnn's Marines to the death or glory;

but with so poorly made textures... this MV-22B is not that pimp. Let's C ya

Just add more Mass Gnat. The higher the mass the higher the top speed and acceleration.

Arh !! .... thx Rock notworthy.gif

@Wipman

Thx for the clarification ..... problem being is that textures are the least thing I'm good at ! whistle.gif

Might be someone who can do a better job smile_o.gif

A few weeks ago I was working on Camp Pendleton around 7:00 at night and I hear what sounds to be a CH53 circling. The noise gets louder and louder and I was kind of pissed because it was getting annoying. So I walk outside the building I'm in and I stand on the side of it looking off towards the sound. Then finally some of those glow in the dark things come into sight. And then the Ospreys came into sight. Two of them. Landing. At night. In a football field (located inside a canyon that is about 100yds wide)... no more than 25 feet away from me.

Needless to say I thought it was pretty fucking awesome, and they did it twice... and both times once they took off they were hauling ass in horizontal flight mode no more than a few seconds later...

And that was my first experience with the Osprey.

So I wish you good luck with this project Gnat...

Hi, well Gnat, after check many MV-22B Osprey photos... i can

ensure you that i can't make his textures up to the ArmA standards.

I could make 'em better, with more detail and much more pimp, but

up to the ArmA standards...? i think that i can't. Im just a player who

have the photoshop, nothing more. Let's C ya

Har, maybe I can take a look at them once I get my other project out of the way, which is soon.

Just one thing, is it unwrapped properly?

I think it looks wonderful, i wish you could make version with guns and version without guns, so that the realism people can get what they want and the ones that want a assault transport will get what they want. Also any chance that you can put in a fast rope scrip like bas choppers had? So i can fast rope soldiers like in Half-life 1 when the mercenary or Sf dudes come after you? tounge2.gif

would be both practical and totally awesome.

on the center of this page is a screen with some guys fast roping http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/ac/v-22.htm

Questionably, it would be interesting if you do add the minis and simulate damage of careless ppl who shoot anyhow....

blasting away at a rotor could cause bits of rotor to fly off and the the bird to fly jittery

blasting at an engine, no need to say the consequences

etc...

this would make ppl understand the consequences and add tht level of realism

but either way, great job mate, loved wht u've done so far!

We are so looking to add this into Karr's RTS game

Have just seen the video for this and it looks great,

Has there been any progress on this project at all?

notworthy.gif

Not much, the model and textures aren't all that suitable for ArmA.

Not shelved, just pending more thinking .... and time.

Can you simulate the speratic engine failures as well? biggrin_o.gif  Read an article in Time about how it is such a cursed plane and how they are sending them to iraq.  crazy_o.gif It would be nice to be able to land at speed.

Gnat @ April 21 2007,03:16)]Seeing Multi-Turrets are now possible, I'd ideally like to make a mini-gunship out of this. Approx. 5 MGs/Miniguns, 2 each side and one on the tail-board ..... now wouldn't that be awsome in MP yay.gif

AV-22 is planed and budgeted by the US Marine corps and Army

I say go for it