Sign in to follow this  
imported_bör

Operation Flashpoint 2 officially announced

Again nothing new from that review! Then again I'm hardcore pro-BI. biggrin_o.gif

I wish BI had more manpower, then they would really show who's the boss!

Codies, Because they dont have to worry about releasing a rushed, unfinished game just to fill up the piggybank wink_o.gif

now read the PCGames "Preview"

They just introduce OFP2 and the right with Codies/BIS

They also printed some Comm. Member wishes to Codies ( maybe not that usual for a mag ).

No new Pictures

( just the old renders, seen here. )

Btw. operation flashpoint2.info reports, that Gamestar wrote in their Preview that Codies seperate the work in 3 studios. ( two in GB, and one in malaysia ) They also want to include burning gras like in Far Cry 2.

Again nothing new from that review!

Agreed.  I'd even go a step further, and say I wish some of the stuff from the first preview would have been reiterated.  Like the part about the PC being the primary platform and the console version being more of a port.

They did kind of touch on this in the current preview (with relation to modability) but I really got a better feeling about the alleged PC-focus from the earlier preview.  Long live the keyboard and mouse!

Again nothing new from that review! Then again I'm hardcore pro-BI. biggrin_o.gif

I wish BI had more manpower, then they would really show who's the boss!

Not with the current level of skill.

I am looking forward to this, lets face reality ArmA was a pretty big let down for a lot of people. It's a good game overall but disappointing in a lot of aspects.

OFP2 is looking nice in my opinion, very nice, and with such resources behind it I am expecting a much more polished product than ArmA 1.08 from the get go.

If it's as complex as they say then it will have its fair share of bugs for a while after release.

If it's as complex as they say then it will have its fair share of bugs for a while after release.

That depends on the quality of the beta testing and not the complexity of the game!  wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]That depends on the quality of the beta testing and not the complexity of the game!

qft

I dont think codies will rely on friends and moderators to test ofp2 before they release and reward them with unbinarised models to make an old campaign demo from yesteryear smile_o.gif

quality of beta testing got zero effect if you got lazy developers and money hungry publisher and lame marketing staff ...

you would be shocked how often even PAID QA staff reports are ignored ...

quality of beta testing got zero effect if you got lazy developers and money hungry publisher and lame marketing staff ...

It reminds me of this thread

It reminds me of this thread

Meaning what? That most games come out as buggy as ArmA?

I think not! Most games come out with a few bugs that got overlooked. ArmA just wasn't (isn't) finished!  tounge2.gif

Therefore beta testing does work and is carried out by ‘most’ developers!

i said some and that 'some' is more than 'fraction' ...

try guess what i mean ...

and since 2002 i use rule to buy game after 3 patches ...

because i really don't want to bother myself with lazyness of xyz ...

anyway always i broken the rule i regret it crazy_o.gif

i said some and that 'some' is more than 'fraction' ...

try guess what i mean ...

and since 2002 i use rule to buy game after 3 patches ...

because i really don't want to bother myself with lazyness of xyz ...

anyway always i broken the rule i regret it crazy_o.gif

Or in case of DICE play as much as you can before they ruin the last small bit of fun in their games.

The article is talking about the scenario, not much more.

On another note, i just played Colin McRae DiRT and lost most of my hopes for this game. DiRT has a car handling that is worse than Mario Kart 64. They touted that game as a simulation. So if that is their idea of a realistic simulation then OpFlash 2 can go fuck itself.

CoD4 already has the shiny shiny boom boom british/american patriot market for itself so maybe Codemasters would have some sense and not try to cut into that market... Nope, they took on much more popular arcade racers with DiRT, so who knows what they want with this game...

I really thought DiRT would be better... But it looks great, that's for sure.

DiRT has a car handling that is worse than Mario Kart 64. They touted that game as a simulation.

Ever used a car in ArmA? wink_o.gif

Meh, I just played Mario Kart 64 and it rocks :P

DiRT has a car handling that is worse than Mario Kart 64. They touted that game as a simulation.

Ever used a car in ArmA?  wink_o.gif

Meh, I just played Mario Kart 64 and it rocks :P

I know, i know... But Codemasters said DiRT was a rally sim...

Those screens look too real for me... Bet CM made some nice photos and placed their units in them...

Quote[/b] ]CoD4 already has the shiny shiny boom boom british/american patriot market for itself so...

I like your style of writing, very entertaining indeed. biggrin_o.gif