Sign in to follow this  
imported_bör

Operation Flashpoint 2 officially announced

That ‘something new’ was NOT in ArmA it 'might' be in ArmA 2, but it will definitely be in OFP2!  smile_o.gif

I love your certianty. Tell me how do you know that it won't be a complete failure and that it won't deliever and end up being another mainstream shitty shooter that everybody will forget about in 6 months?

@Sputnik Monroe: Great attitude. You just forget that people made nation packs and the people who came from that country played with that pack and usually there were enough people to form a squad or two, and I count that as a success for that addon.

A really good game shouldn’t ‘need’ mods, but mods will extend the playability of any game especially good ones! Most of us would agree that OFP was a ‘really good ‘ game and it was extended and improved enormously by the many mods made especially those talented re coders like Keggetys breathing new life into the dull and dated graphics etc. Of course there should have been a sequel long before then!

Addons and mods make games like FSX much more fun and Oblivion for me is worth continuing now that I have got an in-game female companion! OFP2 would be greatly enhanced if it were to be mod friendly. But I understand Sputnicks general drift about the countless half finished crap that keeps filling the download sites! Selectivity is the solution here!

My apologies suma for the misinformation regarding your level of participation in producing OFP’s campaigns! My information came from a Codemasters rep in their own forums a few years ago! I guess they had a grudge at the time!

That ‘something new’ was NOT in ArmA it 'might' be in ArmA 2, but it will definitely be in OFP2!  smile_o.gif

I love your certianty. Tell me how do you know that it won't be a complete failure and that it won't deliever and end up being another mainstream shitty shooter that everybody will forget about in 6 months?

I don't know that this game will be a success or a failure! What I said was that it will 'definitely' have 'something new' .. that is the Codies new game engine. Something new is what OFP needs!

BIS might do a better job with ArmA 2 or Codemasters might do a better job! I'm not siding or supporting anyone! I'm certainly not going to spend my time being loyal and defending everything done by BIS! So far for me ArmA has gone back on the shelf! I'll check out another version when it arrives!  sad_o.gif

I stick by what I said Any addon that's file size was larger than the total file size of all missions made for it combined was a failure.

Missions kept Flashpoint going not addons. Most addons kept the screenshot thread going.

Quote[/b] ]what aout the animation mods(GRA) the effects mods(ecp) the themed mods (ffur) etc etc

Alright I Forgot about the animations and the two unit replacement mods. So I suppose 98% of mods failed not 99.

Don't delude your selves into believing that an APC that never had any missions released for it or a helicopter with out any missions kept Flashpoint alive.

For me, the lifespan of OFP came from the fact it could be modified to fit my way of using it, and from the mission editor that allowed me to make quick skirmishes to test all those dodgy addons and mods around.

When i think about it, in fact i played very few of OFP in the past years, most of my OFP time was spent on working on it in a way or another.

How depressing ...

I can only speak for myself ,but a lone addon can be dropped in to a mod folder....And with my last count, 20 mod folders reside in my OFP folder.

They range from Civil War, WW2 , NAM, Zombie,Madmax all the way to sci-fi Stargate stuff....whoops , I mean blue gate.

I've had tons of fun with the BRT apc's alone, but don't remember 1 mission made for it by another person. Guess I'm in that 2%...and proud of it smile_o.gif

I've had tons of fun with the BRT apc's alone, but don't remember 1 mission made for it by another person.  Guess I'm in that 2%...and proud of it smile_o.gif

Yep I think I kept OFP alive for about another year mostly by trying out all the new vehicles, islands and weapons. I made my own missions in the editor for them if I thought they were any good!

Most important thing IMO for OFP 2 is a mission editor!

Modability comes next!  smile_o.gif

I was EXTREMELY surprised when i saw OFP2 had a full page in the GameInformer Magazine this month. wow_o.gifthumbs-up.gif

I'm prettysure Codemasters isn't going to take any risks with this game, it's obvious from the money they've been spending on it so far. Realistic and difficult gameplay is a risk.

Yeah Codemasters joined Steam and will be selling the games full price on there, so it only follows that OFP2 will be included unless the partnership goes tits-up.

The scans were on operationflashpoint2.info

Page 1

Page 2

Page 3

At first I was in a total disbelief with codemasters doing ofp2... now after this article I can see there is a sparkle of hope. It seems they are really trying to make it the way it should be, loyal to Operation Flashpoint.

The scans were on operationflashpoint2.info

Page 1

Page 2

Page 3

Can't really say I saw anything new about the official sequel for OFP. The only thing I saw was a fun feature (I don't know how much it will be evolved) is the thing about medical attention. You get shot, you bleed. If you bleed you might a medievac, which I miss in ArmA and possible ArmA 2.

Wounded soldier (on strechers) and medievac are more common then a KIA. Which is a shame that ArmA and maybe ArmA 2 don't have.

I posted those scans a few months ago here. The latest articles have yet to be scanned and posted for the community sad_o.gif

Codemasters officially stated, that all OFP2 screenshots released until now are "targetshots".

What means all screens are edited or rendered, too look like they want OFP2 looks when it`s done.

That much for the impressing OFP2 screenies.

There will be a preview in the German magazine PC-Games which is in stores from today on. Sadly I'm not at home otherwise I could scan the article.

If anyone has the PC-Games he could perhaps do so smile_o.gif

yes ofcause but later today.

Also if there is no other peson which scanned it than surely I will provide it to you. wink_o.gif

Holy Hell, They have over 140 guys working on it now *Jaw Drops*....this is going to be HUGE how can anyone doubt the ambitions of codies! thumbs-up.gif