Sign in to follow this  
imported_bör

Operation Flashpoint 2 officially announced

That doesn't look like MARPAT, that looks more like a digitized (pixel) version of Multi-Cam.

From press info by codemasters (got that from a friend)

Quote[/b] ]Operation Flashpoint, de game die het oorlogssimulatie genre uitgevonden heeft, keert terug in 2008.

Donderdag, 19 april (3 uur): De grootste naam in moderne militaire simulaties, met oorlog op nog nooit vertoonde schaal in een FPS, zal terugkeren in 2008. Codemasters heeft namelijk bevestigd dat Operation Flashpoint 2 in ontwikkeling is voor de PC en spelcomputers.

Operation Flashpoint 2 betekent de langverwachte terugkeer van de perfecte oorlogssimulatie die internationale waardering oogstte. Dit is Codemasters Studios’ grootste project tot nu toe en momenteel in ontwikkeling. Operation Flashpoint 2 is al twee jaar in pre-productie in een voor publiek gesloten studio en wordt ontwikkeld door het grootste ontwikkelteam dat Codemasters ooit bij elkaar heeft verzameld. De game zal een nieuwe FPS-variant van de door Codemasters gepatenteerde Neon-techniek gebruiken.

Operation Flashpoint 2 zal de meest realistische weergave van oorlogsscenario’s bevatten. Door meerdere militaire disciplines aan te bieden zal de gameplay de oorlogssituaties nog realistischer en intenser tonen, terwijl de uitgebreide multiplayer-modus gevechten op ongelofelijke schaal bevat.

Operation Flashpoint 2 verschijnt in 2008 en is klaar om het genre dat het zelf begon opnieuw uit te vinden. Meer details worden deze zomer aangekondigd; gamers kunnen zich inschrijven om op de hoogte te blijven van verdere ontwikkelingsdetails op www.codemasters.nl/flashpoint2

Clearly states 'spelcompouters' aka consoles. I say YESSSS (and that just 4 days after i gave up hope for ArmA/360:)

I'm not going into if it will be good/bad. I just see the pc AND console strategy, and therefor i'm happy. If in the end OFP2 turn out to be nothing, well i don't buy the shit, but there is an off-chance i might like it, and so might my XBL friends. Then there is something next to VEgas (GRAW i dislike) and who knows what blackfootstudio comes up with (again on pc AND 360)

Long ago i posted about 'the void' for a mature war game on 360. Now it seems (to be seen if it works out) there are some devs jumping and trying to fill this void. As said, 10 million 360 gamers. Tap into 1% and you are still talking 100.000 copies:)

If it will be made for consoles in mind, I already know how the game, like all other console-made games, will be. - Shit.

The Rainbow Six series have been devastated. The game basically smells console. Worms as well. The controls and UI is very consolish and camera etc is console all the way. All features that normally has a benefit on comps get trashed as well.

But one thing is certain and it's that the game is playable on comps. It will be limited greatly due to compatb. with consoles.

The screen looks great, and the terrain + objects don't seem to be too much worked with. Could be a spot anywhere in a large map. Not necessarily modeled jsut for that screen. Had it been over-worked it would mean that it's just bullshit. As no company in the world affords having 23 3d artists in order to keep a high level of detail.

They say "realism". What about that indoors weapon to the left? Looks pretty much arcade to me.

+ There will be no competition. ArmA has already been released, 1 year before OFP2. It's easy to say there will be competition, but it's negligable. In most cases competition doesn't work. It's just a temporary state.

HK 416 my donkey, that's a SCAR-L...

Looks like it's got RIS all around, so I'd say it's a 416. Not like it's very clear, it doesn't even has a buttstock...

Hmm, OFP2 Who's will work on this, BIS or Codemasters?.

http://www.codemasters.de/flashpoint2/

Official Press Release

Quote[/b] ]

ie erfolgreichste Militär-Simulation kehrt 2008 zurück: Codemasters bringt Operation Flashpoint™ 2

Die beste und erfolgreichste Militär-Simulation aller Zeiten bekommt endlich ihren lange ersehnten Nachfolger: Codemasters, einer der führenden europäischen Publisher und Entwickler von PC- und Videospielen, gab heute die Entwicklung von Operation Flashpoint™ 2 bekannt, das 2008 für PC und Next-Generation-Konsolen erscheinen wird.

Operation Flashpoint™ 2 befindet sich gegenwärtig bei den Codemasters Studios in Arbeit. Das größte Codemasters-Team, das jemals an einem Projekt arbeitete, wird ein Spielerlebnis ungeahnter Qualität garantieren. Operation Flashpoint™ 2 profitiert dabei von bereits mehr als zwei Jahren Vorproduktionsphase und wird eine neue, hochmoderne FPS-Variante der proprietären Codemasters-Next-Generation-Engine Neon nutzen.

Codemasters baut in Operation Flashpoint™ 2 in allen Bereichen auf den Qualitäten des Vorgängers auf und erschafft so überzeugendste, unübertroffene Konfliktszenarien an atemberaubenden Schauplätzen. Spieler erleben in Operation Flashpoint™ 2 militärische Ausbildung und Einsätze realistischer denn je und stellen ihr taktisches Können in umfangreichen Mehrspieler-Modi unter Beweis - mit- und gegeneinander.

Operation Flashpoint™ 2 wird 2008 das Genre, das es selbst erschaffen hat, neu definieren. Spieler können sich ab sofort auf der offiziellen Website unter www.codemasters.de/flashpoint2 registrieren, um als Erste neue, spannende Details zu erfahren, wenn diese in den nächsten Monaten bekannt gegeben werden.

Can't find the English Version, but it says basicly that they're working with the biggest team ever in CM on OFP 2 (Must mean more than 50 people, because Race Driver or however they called it had 50)

SP and MP will be available and they claim to make the most realistic military game ever.

Ah and they're working on it since two years and plan to release more info in summer and the final game 2008.

"promising warfare on a scale never seen in a FPS, the biggest name in modern military simulation gaming will return in 2008 as Codemasters confirms that Operation Flashpointâ„¢2 is in development for PC and major console formats.

Operation Flashpoint™2 will mark the long-awaited return of the total conflict simulator, which won international acclaim. Now in development, it is Codemasters Studios’ most extensive R&D project to date. With the studio’s largest development team ever assembled, Operation Flashpoint™2 has already benefited from over two years of pre-production on a closed set basis and will use a new FPS variant of Neon technology, the studio’s proprietary middleware.

Building on the original game’s heritage, Operation Flashpoint™2 will see the most realistic modelling of conflict scenarios in a new contemporary theatre of war. By offering a multitude of military disciplines, gameplay will deliver warfare more realistic and intense then ever before, while an extensive multiplayer component will create battles on an incredible scale.

Set to redefine the genre it created, Operation Flashpointâ„¢2 is coming in 2008. Further details will be announced this summer; gamers can sign up for future development briefings online at: www.codemasters.co.uk/flashpoint2

I already know how the game, like all other console-made games, will be ...

You should go into stock trading as you seem to be able to predict the future

(i couldn't let this one pass, an easy score:)

Quote[/b] ]I bet if they are going to big maps (which I doubt) you would need to load between areas.

Very likely that OFP 2 will not have streaming terrain as with Arma as the NEON engine is not designed for streaming terrain. It still loads block solid and I somehow doubt that it can be converted that easy into a streaming engine as this would mean a major overhaul of the engine itself.

So OFP 2 most likely will be a boxed shooter once more.

Nothing that I am waiting for.

We'll see how it will develop. One is sure - Codemasters are way better in their PR and marketing than BI.

We'll see how it will develop. One is sure - Codemasters are way better in their PR and marketing than BI.

Yep, that's what I thought, too...

Yes, the propose a Rolls Royce and then present bogged down arcade nonsense to please the masses. (Codemasters that is)

Colin McRae is the best example. It started as something good and has turned into a circuscarpseudodrivinggame they still call realistic rofl.gif

The list is long: IGI , IGI 2, DTM RD 3

At some point they seem to take out a big fat razor, pull it over a game to cut all things that make the games realistic just to please the gamepad dudes who cry for it. The masses, unfortunally.

It tells a story that they have a "cheats" section on their homepage biggrin_o.gif

Hello, in PC-Games

BOHEMIA INTERACTIVE is called as the developers of OFP2. And the best info: ARMED ASSAULT is out!!! nener.gif

In the world of consoles there are no exceptions. It's just a waste of time to play console games. If OFP2 is going to be constructed for consoles from the beginning, it's nothing that's worth playing!

elephant1.jpg

That doesn't look like MARPAT, that looks more like a digitized (pixel) version of Multi-Cam.

Yeah, that's what I thought after looking at the arm a bit closer. But are those Corps helmets or MICHs? Could I either, I suppose, especially since I didn't think the USMC were going to adopt Multicam, even eventually.

Afrographx - know what a white elephant means? tounge2.gif

I can't say it would be the MICH, but it does look like it would be the Marines standard. I am not to familiar with the Marines armor, but maybe a variation of the PASGT?

In the world of consoles there are no exceptions. It's just a waste of time to play console games. If OFP2 is going to be constructed for consoles from the beginning, it's nothing that's worth playing!

http://www.hps.com/~tpg/vac/southafrica/madikwe/elephant/elephant1.jpg

I have to agree slightly. It's the type of game that just won't cut it in the console world. It has been their and we all can use OFP1:Elite as the perfect example. Released a couple of years after and yet couldn't keep up with the original OFP1. A big majority of the console consumers rely on new content and usually don't stick with the same game for years.

[mg]http://www.hps.com/~tpg/vac/southafrica/madikwe/elephant/elephant1.jpg[/img]

That's a pretty ridiculous statement. But whatever.

I'm a console gamer AND I love simulations. If this turns out good I will be very happy.

And if that's the way smoke looks in the game, heaven.

Arcade wOOt! crazy_o.gif

I bet if they are going to big maps (which I doubt) you would need to load between areas. yay.gif

Sorry to be a prick here, but this just pisses me off. This community, has yet to see nothing but a render, and we're already assuming that it is going to be a steaming pile of crap that will be arcade in nature.

OFP2 certainly could be, but this community has far more fanbois and elitists than ANY of the "inferior" arcade games that are so shunned here. This community is just as bad if not worse offender of what so many of you accuse.

I for one, am very excited. Now I've got this AND Game 2 to look forward to, and hopefully, one of those 2 will be amazing (maybe both?).

I really, really think that CM knows to keep the "huge scale" thing on the priority list. Lets not forget that Operation Flashpoint sold a ton of copies, well over a million IIRC, and CM is not going to try to alienate that fanbase. They're saying that they're going to make it "very realistic" and they seem to want to appeal to the fans of the good ol' OFP in that press release. Now... normally, when a game is going to get gutted, they say stuff like "we're trying to make it appeal to more gamers", "we're trying to streamline the gameplay", and other BS. Here, they're saying it's going to be even MORE realistic.

Quotes like this: "Building on the original game’s heritage, Operation Flashpoint™2 will see the most realistic modelling of conflict scenarios in a new contemporary theatre of war. By offering a multitude of military disciplines, gameplay will deliver warfare more realistic and intense then ever before, while an extensive multiplayer component will create battles on an incredible scale." AND "promising warfare on a scale never seen in a FPS" - are not designed to draw in the "boxed-shooter" fans.

I have high hopes. Lets not forget CM was responsible for Resistance (right?) which turned out great.

And yes, competition is a very good thing.

That screenshot looks amazing BTW, I don't know why people are skeptical that it's in-game, this game is coming out in 2008 which is a LONG ways away. Crysis is coming out in only a few months and it looks ridiculously good.

I for one, am very excited. Now I've got this AND Game 2 to look forward to, and hopefully, one of those 2 will be amazing (maybe both?).

I really, really think that CM knows to keep the "huge scale" thing on the priority list. Lets not forget that Operation Flashpoint sold a ton of copies, well over a million IIRC, and CM is not going to try to alienate that fanbase. They're saying that they're going to make it "very realistic" and they seem to want to appeal to the fans of the good ol' OFP in that press release. Now... normally, when a game is going to get gutted, they say stuff like "we're trying to make it appeal to more gamers", "we're trying to streamline the gameplay", and other BS. Here, they're saying it's going to be even MORE realistic.

Quotes like this: "Building on the original game’s heritage, Operation Flashpoint™2 will see the most realistic modelling of conflict scenarios in a new contemporary theatre of war. By offering a multitude of military disciplines, gameplay will deliver warfare more realistic and intense then ever before, while an extensive multiplayer component will create battles on an incredible scale." AND "promising warfare on a scale never seen in a FPS" - are not designed to draw in the "boxed-shooter" fans.

I have high hopes. Lets not forget CM was responsible for Resistance (right?) which turned out great.

And yes, competition is a very good thing.

That screenshot looks amazing BTW, I don't know why people are skeptical that it's in-game, this game is coming out in 2008 which is a LONG ways away. Crysis is coming out in only a few months and it looks ridiculously good.

Codies were responsible for Red Hammer, the not-so-good expansion imho. Resistance is BIS' thingy.