Sign in to follow this  
imported_bör

Operation Flashpoint 2 officially announced

Did they use explosive rounds though?

I'd like to nee this explosive round your speaking of. Where is TNT and where is fuze? How big is BANG it produces.

From reliable sources i've seen only these following bullet-types are mentioned: There's ball, and several different armor-piercing, tracer and Incendiary rounds, none of those is explosive (well incendiary could be very weak, but it's porpuse is to ignite something effectively).

I bet (i'm not sure) M2 ball pretty much plows straight thru tissue like 7.62 NATO or 7.62 warsaw. It doesnt' twist, throw circles or empty it's core into tissue after impact. It just causes deep and "clean" wound. I'm not sure would it even fall into it's side. Armor piercing rounds generally are even more stabile in tissue, they are ment to go thru as effectively as possible and not to fall on their side for ripping porpuses.

Then again one of my friends happened to shoot capercaillie from less than 10 meters with his 12 gauge shotgun... pellets went straight thru bird (from chest to back) and caused quite a bloody puff behind bird, from that he knew he doesn't need to shoot twice. Half of meat in bird was spoiled. i believe he mentioned that hole thru bird was as large as fist.

That latest video clip still shows the gun weirdly. It should be swaying amount when he's "strafing", to encourage people to stop and scan. The player never seems to stand still.

I'd like to nee this explosive round your speaking of. Where is TNT and where is fuze? How big is BANG it produces.

My understading is that the TNT is inside the round as well as the detonator. I don't know how big the bang is but I bet it hurts like a motherf.....

Here's something from teh internets if you can't help yourself:

http://www.igman.co.ba/ammunition.htm#

People who "omg" and vote for more bloodshed should better play shooters with bullettime feature. Strange thing if you see them run-n-gun with M107/KSVK in close/urban combat whistle.gif

Quote[/b] ] I don't know how big the bang is but I bet it hurts like a motherf.....

It usually doesn´t go off on soft targets as it´s meant to be used for different purposes.

People who "omg" and vote for more bloodshed should better play shooters with bullettime feature. Strange thing if you see them  run-n-gun with M107/KSVK in close/urban combat  whistle.gif

havent play CS dont you?

most of them likes to run-n-gun with AWM whistle.gif

My understading is that the TNT is inside the round as well as the detonator. I don't know how big the bang is but I bet it hurts like a motherf.....

Here's something from teh internets if you can't help yourself:

http://www.igman.co.ba/ammunition.htm#

Oh yes APEI! Sadly its' not clear how hard is it's effect. Will it ignite on human? flesh or bone or just on steel. What is bullet's construction etc. Mankind has played with explosive bullets over 100 years now. There are many kinds of ways to do it, for various different effects on target.

I don't get it, I thought the whole point of the "target renders" and careful presentations was that CM did not want to show the public work in progress stuff that they did not deem almost final or something worth showing. Yet now they are showing what seems to be a pre-alpha with a first person view of an indie FPS.

If that is a complete breakdown of their marketing policy than that is bad, if that is really where things are headed than that is a disaster.  confused_o.gif

I don't get it, I thought the whole point of the "target renders" and careful presentations was that CM did not want to show the public work in progress stuff that they did not deem almost final or something worth showing. Yet now they are showing what seems to be a pre-alpha with a first person view of an indie FPS.

I was happy to see even something. However just like you said, i got feeling of pre-alpha state when looking at video.

I wonder will OFP2 be ready even in one year. They sould delay it to get it finished. I bet OFP2 is in need of polishing after half year has passed than already beta-tested ArmA2. I just hope that CM doesn't screw this up. Game has alot of promises. It would be damn shame to lose it.

Anyways i think i go back to play some Thief-series... Talking about classics. How in earth developer like Looking Class ceases it's action. All it's games are pure classics. World ain't fair place .. and i'm slowly getting drunk (with reply to Pulverizer i was only tenderly drunk.. Now i'm loosing feeling from my fingers - I'll post in couple of hours. Lets see what that turns out to be).

Quote[/b] ] I don't know how big the bang is but I bet it hurts like a motherf.....

It usually doesn´t go off on soft targets as it´s meant to be used for different purposes.

Yes but body armor plates, other equipment or his transport.

People who "omg" and vote for more bloodshed should better play shooters with bullettime feature. Strange thing if you see them  run-n-gun with M107/KSVK in close/urban combat  whistle.gif

People why cry at the sight of realistic blood and gore should go play Tetris.

I don't mind, but I don't like having to turn off my video game every time a child (or grannie) walks into the room because some knobber dev thought swearing in a game was cool or there is brains splattering everywhere.

I play adult rated games, but I'm an adult, so there are children around the house.

I don't want to have to wait around all day until they go to bed before I can play.

Swearing annoys me more than the gore. But that's just my personal taste.

Well most games with gore has a option to turn it off in the settings, so if its not your thing, you wont have to see it.

For sure, I dont like those overdone gore effects with huge blood splashes. But hey kids think thats "realism", like CQB with sniper rifles or shoot with explosive rounds at soft targets... should we hope they have to join the service or better not?

Overdone fx are okay in a game that does them for the comedic effect, like Unreal Tournament or Doom. In a semi-realistic shooter like ArmA, Rainbow Six or whatever, the regular amount will do just fine thanx u.

And who gives a fuck if some dude wants to use a huge-ass sniper rifle in close quarters in a video game. Let him, just like he lets you play the game as uber-realistic total combat simulation experience crazy_o.gif

For sure, I dont like those overdone gore effects with huge blood splashes. But hey kids think thats "realism", like CQB with sniper rifles or shoot with explosive rounds at soft targets... should we hope they have to join the service or better not?

They could be AH-64 pilots, no matter what weapon is used its always explosive.

I don't much care for overdone gore meself, F.E.A.R being a perfect example, though I would like to see war games have an option to enhance with a bit more realism, maybe also an option to filter the swearing as well.

I'm just tired of seeing games depicting the "better" sides of war that kids think is cool, though I must admit I absolutely love when parents get upset over the swearing..you buy a game for your child that depicts killing people and you are worried about swearing..

Not pointing a finger at you Baff1, just the general population of parents.

Thing is..if GTA can have hookers and be bought by parents for their kids, why can't war games have some form of blood, no more dustheads! I'm not saying that when I shoot a person with a sniper rifle in the head I want to see it explode, just a blood splat would be nice.

Massive tissue destruction from explosive rounds is another matter entirely. I don't think they use payload carrying rounds under 20mm though. I'm sure there are smaller payload carrying rounds that have been invented but I don't think that their usage is common or even necessarily effective.

Massive tissue destruction from explosive rounds is another matter entirely.  I don't think they use payload carrying rounds under 20mm though.  I'm sure there are smaller payload carrying rounds that have been invented but I don't think that their usage is common or even necessarily effective.

If they aren't used it's probably because there isn't a conflict that would call for them. It's not like stopping a donkey or a beat-up Toyota requires such firepower.

I don't much care for overdone gore meself, F.E.A.R being a perfect example, though I would like to see war games have an option to enhance with a bit more realism, maybe also an option to filter the swearing as well.

I'm just tired of seeing games depicting the "better" sides of war that kids think is cool, though I must admit I absolutely love when parents get upset over the swearing..you buy a game for your child that depicts killing people and you are worried about swearing..  

Not pointing a finger at you Baff1, just the general population of parents.

Thing is..if GTA can have hookers and be bought by parents for their kids, why can't war games have some form of blood, no more dustheads!  I'm not saying that when I shoot a person with a sniper rifle in the head I want to see it explode, just a blood splat would be nice.

Overdone gore has it's moments.

Soldier of Fortune was great fun.

I don't mind if people want to buy their children GTA. It's all personal choice .

What I don't want is my neice to walk in during a crac hooker scene and ask me to explain what they are doing. (Let alone Zoo sex off Google).

Similarly when she starts mimicing the words she hears so she can be part of the joke, it isn't cool. Her mother is going to make my life hell.

There are games that are generally too horrific that I have to turn off when the kids are around. Usually I am enjoying them and resent having to. FEAR might have been the one of those titles that I was thinking of.

I think gore can be a good thing in a game of war, but with a realistic basis. Not like SOF.

Red Orchestra is a good example of how things can be done. People can loose limbs in grenade explosions etc. It makes it gritty and it doesn't sugarcoat or glamorize war like in battlefield.

But to get something as good as that, we need ragdolls.

Anyways i think i go back to play some Thief-series... Talking about classics. How in earth developer like Looking Class ceases it's action. All it's games are pure classics. World ain't fair place ..

Best games ever.

I think gore can be a good thing in a game of war, but with a realistic basis. Not like SOF.

Red Orchestra is a good example of how things can be done. People can loose limbs in grenade explosions etc.  It makes it gritty and it doesn't sugarcoat or glamorize war like in battlefield.

But to get something as good as that, we need ragdolls.

if my memory serves me right even the ROO ragdolls aren't MP synchronized so after the 'death' event it's all clientside and differs from what others see

i know that it's possible to do procedural deaths which could be MP synced but i don't remember seeing single title introducing that yet ...

actually on ROO i find more important the feel of teamwork and usability of weapon 'resting' on any edge capable do so (window edge, barrel, wall, rock, tree etc. in both vertical and horizontal sense) which gives the needed 'feeling' of being inside enviroment and utilize it to own advantage (stabler weapon IS) ...

Well how does MP synching help gameplay?

Other than the occasional "look at the funny position of this ragdoll" etc rofl.gif

Well how does MP synching help gameplay?

Other than the occasional "look at the funny position of this ragdoll" etc rofl.gif

In ArmA you can use dead bodies as cover if I am not mistaken.