Sign in to follow this  
imported_bör

Operation Flashpoint 2 officially announced

Why take uneducated guesses when there's pictures easily available. You don't have to walk up close to see that someone's missing half a head.

human torso doesn't magically disappear when hit with a .50 round

It also doesn't magically keep perfectly intact and fly across the sky after being hit directly by a 120mm HEAT round or a 2,000-pound bomb.

rofl.gif Next time I'll just quip the phrase "ArmA II will kick the crap out of OFP 2" and save you the trouble of drawing conclusions which I in no way alluded to. This is the OFP2 thread after all. icon_rolleyes.gif

Why take uneducated guesses when there's pictures easily available. You don't have to walk up close to see that someone's missing half a head.

While the head is arguably not part of the body, therefore not part of the catastrophic destruction of the body, the point is moot. You are just as dead if you have a 9mm slug fly through your brain as you are when a .50 calibre one does.

The special case of a .50 calibre or any high power round hitting someone in the head was already addressed in my response. You have yet to supply any response to my 'uneducated guess' regarding .50 calibre hits on the body.

But if the opponent is underwater an dives the bullet round come apart on impact. It loses all of it's energy within few feets.  tounge2.gif

You have to keep in mind that the Barrett is an anti-material sniper rifle. "Catastrophic Body Damage System" sound more like an fragfest gameplay with many special bloody effects. What if CM implements an bullettime like Activision to watch and "omg" such effects? Btw did anyone hear something new official statements about tools & modding in OFP2?

A .50 will turn people into 'ground meat', as quoted by a soldier who witnessed the horrific damage firsthand during an Ambush in Iraq.

I myself have witnessed pics, it'll tear limbs off...theres no question that if a limb is hit, its gone. I see no exaggeration on OFP2's part. Now if they took a brothers in Arms approach and made exploding bodys fly in slow motion eachtime...then i'd have a problem.

Quote[/b] ]I see no exaggeration on OFP2's part.

Heh, the problem is that we haven't seen anything yet. Still, I've got faith that a body shot with a 5-0 won't result in 2 arms and 2 legs falling to the ground without anything in between. smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I see no exaggeration on OFP2's part.

Heh, the problem is that we haven't seen anything yet. Still, I've got faith that a body shot with a 5-0 won't result in 2 arms and 2 legs falling to the ground without anything in between. smile_o.gif

If it does sir, I will eat my hat. biggrin_o.gif

But if the opponent is underwater an dives the bullet round come apart on impact. It loses all of it's energy within few feets.

You saw this on Myth busters :P

Which is probably why the 50 cal has been in service for the US since WW1. I've fired ball ammo an HE 50 cal ammo an trust me 1 hit from either in any part of the body an your gonna have...a very bad day.

Looks very nice. Especially AI moving behind cover of the apc. And it seems that battles are acompanied by a lot of smoke - something plain ArmA (and judging by the first movies ArmA2 too) lacks (btw I don't understand it. How BIS can use those ugly effects, when even ECP mod for OFP had much better ones).

One minus is that IMHO player can aim threw the sights too fast.

All I see is arcade sad_o.gif

The gun's still being held retarded.

The reload animation is just silly.

The enemy AI is either disabled (for presentation purposes) or totally dumb.

I'm not even gonna comment the ACOG...

*coughcod5cough*

That looked boring as hell... well probably more of a purgatory but you get the point I didn't like it.

Maybe CM are trying to find their balance between "realistic" gameplay and profit. So many people working on this game lets see what they release. wink_o.gif

Deadfast: and the thing that I was reacting on, that you could run and the only affect it has on rifle being that it wiggles a bit. aim was dead steady while he walked.

I remember that CM, earlier in the development stages, said that their weapon handling would not be like the free-aim in ofp, but it would be both 'different' and 'better'. By that I figured they were developing something that hadn't been seen before. What I see here is neither different nor better. I wonder if this is how the aim will be accomplished in the final version or if they have not yet implemented their system yet.

I kinda like how it looks like your looking down a long scope. Video wasn't that bad.

hum? the one they have is notthing like looking into the real one

http://www.gun-world.net/sight/trijcon/retvd.jpg

the design of ACOG is that you dont get those kind of tunnel vision

would be very good realistic xbox game if they mean business, but i hold my money for the PC version

and ever since the storyline jumped the shark i have put a thrid through on the game

Maybe a bit off topic

Why did he pull the cocking handle with his left hand? when I was in TA, my instructor really frown upon it. and my common sense also frown upon it. maybe it's US military style, if that is so, then I cant comment on it.

the why I and my instructors frown about it, because of safety issue. with your right hand on the pistol grip, your barrel will sway everywhere when you're trying to pull the cocking handle. plus, a round might be release accidentally.

besides, you dont have to pull the handle when reloading. You just replace the mag and tap the bolt release catch. Unless of course, the soldier has the habit of releasing the catch after running empty.

enuff of off-topic

video looks cool

Yes, that animation is incorrect. You should examine the OFP2 forum and check out the big hoohah about it, as well as several other things shown in the video.

That gameplay video was a little disappointing to me, but as we all well know it's still alpha stage.

Urgh those weapon handling animations are horrible, well at least they have weapon handling animations. The reload seems too patriotic. Its like hes saying Huuah Bring it on! whenever he reloads.

The static weapon handling, not enough shake, weapon hides too much of the screen and the weaon IMO should go down towards your chest when you run.. he must look like a retard running with his gun up like that.