Sign in to follow this  
imported_bör

Operation Flashpoint 2 officially announced

I own first Czech special version that my friend bought just after the first release and I didn't finish a single mission from campaign smile_o.gif but we have over than 200 custom missions ready from all the weekly events that accumulated over all the time smile_o.gif

Addons? well, we use a lot of them, because we put together a pack needed for that week's campaign. Last time I even installed 2gigs of addons needed for Sahrani Life 1.5, of course I use different mod folders and keep original vanilla clean =)

K, kinda off topic now with the whole ArmA mods huh.gif

I think OFP2 thus far is looking pretty good, I just hope the AI doesn't see through tree's, that goes with ArmA2 also.

Please stay on topic, don't give me a reason to close this thread! wink_o.gif

Som new screens here if you follow the link on the page.

http://www.n4g.com/xbox360/News-189883.aspx

Strange they have an old "Game2" screen there still.

Screens look very good to me, though a bit to much bloom.

Love the atmosphere it sets though, I guess all the screens etc we have seen is from the beach landing so I am curious as to how the other environments on the Island looks like.

Mm love those new screens, But i do adore the soldier models. Good stuff! very Good stuff indeed!

Nice find but I justwanted to point out something about the link.

I noticed the pics are under the "Xbox 360" " grouping.

No Pics under the "PC" grouping?

Humm,!!!!

Whats up?

Nice find but I justwanted to point out something about the link.

I noticed the pics are under the "Xbox 360" " grouping.

No Pics under the "PC" grouping?

Humm,!!!!

Whats up?

It's probably just because they only made a demo for the 360 instead of the PS3 and PC.

And you can already see what Codemasters were talking about with "Dumbing down textures with console versions" as those Textures don't seem like they are the best CM Can do.

Which is good news for PC!  biggrin_o.gif

Full size versions of those pics here.

Looks pretty good (a bit photoshopped?).

Criticisms (and yes I know it's WIP): Brown sky looks weird; Grass is a bit ragged, low-res and disappears after shortish distance; the low-res distance texture is "slimey" looking, and is only hidden with a blur effect. Hopefully when you aim or something the blur will go away. Considering it's early WIP it does look good, but I hope they haven't photoshopped the images.

EDIT: The above pics are leaked, so have a look before they're taken down!

I don`t think they are photoshoped, I think they look quite similar to the prior in-game screens that was shown on GC.

I agree on your critique though, but the brown sky could be due to alot of smoke maybe from fire etc ?

Anyway I am happy it still looks\appears to be this good on a console, we can add the improvement of the time from today until release and then PC gamers can add extra quality on top of that.

I am getting this for PC no doubt about that.

I see what you mean by the awesome look up close, blur in the far background. That happens to me in ArmA when I aim with an Iron sight, I wish I could fix it stinkin 8800 GTX =/

Full size versions of those pics here.

Looks pretty good (a bit photoshopped?).

Criticisms (and yes I know it's WIP): Brown sky looks weird; Grass is a bit ragged, low-res and disappears after shortish distance; the low-res distance texture is "slimey" looking, and is only hidden with a blur effect. Hopefully when you aim or something the blur will go away. Considering it's early WIP it does look good, but I hope they haven't photoshopped the images.

EDIT: The above pics are leaked, so have a look before they're taken down!

i know what you mean as regards to the grass SaBre it really is bloody ugly in those pictures, let us hope for an improvement eh?

Honestly, i cant foresee the grass being improved further than what we've seen already, the grass is extremely dense, if you put high resolution textures for the grass, that going to result in huge performance issues.

Think Arma when i say performance issues brought upon by dense highly detailed grass.

Hi all

There seems to be a lot of view distance foreshortening and blurring in the pictures. They look very out of focus at long distance; while it is good for pretend photos, focal length in game and simulation is not helpful. I hope that will not be in the final game or that you can turn it off like in ArmA. Would make it impossible for fixed wing pilots if it cannot be turned off. That said its wip.

Anyone know what the max view distance is?

What fixed wing planes are in the game; anyone know? I have not seen the airport so I am guessing that bit ain't finished yet.

Kind Regards walker

Anyone know what the max view distance is?

What fixed wing planes are in the game; anyone know? I have not seen the airport so I am guessing that bit ain't finished yet.

Kind Regards walker

Hi, yeah they've said 35km max viewdistance (or at least that) but we'll have to wait and see. No doubt objects will only be drawn for a section of that, and it's probably only 35km when flying.

They haven't mentioned or shown any fixed-wing aircraft. I think it might be only helicopters in the game but I know there's an airport.

Edit: read This. It seems Codemasters is not a good publisher, and Atari is a better partner for a developer. Doesn't bode too well for OFP2. wow_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]So it's better working for Atari than Codemasters, is basically what's he's saying.

Well I think Codemasters did a good job on OPF so they really can't be called a bad publisher.

I'm really getting tired of this bad mouthing of OFP2.

lets look at that we have, a game that has had massive amounts of research put into it, they have been developing it for a short space of time.

they have shown what they have so far to the hungry public and people appear displeased, sceptical and negative about what they have shown.

What can I say. i think they are doing an absolutely fantastic job. They have a sound, Graphical and physics engine, they have previews of Action and have more or less built the entire playing area.

What more could you want. I think its grossly unfair for people to say, ooh the grass is low res, the distance is blurry the lighting is not up to scratch.

Well take a step back and think, a few months ago, they barely had textured units.

What they have done so far is amazing and triumphant progress. Be patient as they are only human after all and are working around the clock to create the final version.

I say cut them some slack

I'm really getting tired of this bad mouthing of OFP2.

lets look at that we have, a game that has had massive amounts of research put into it, they have been developing it for a short space of time.

they have shown what they have so far to the hungry public and people appear displeased, sceptical and negative about what they have shown.

What can I say. i think they are doing an absolutely fantastic job. They have a sound, Graphical and physics engine, they have previews of Action and have more or less built the entire playing area.

What more could you want. I think its grossly unfair for people to say, ooh the grass is low res, the distance is blurry the lighting is not up to scratch.

Well take a step back and think, a few months ago, they barely had textured units.

What they have done so far is amazing and triumphant progress. Be patient as they are only human after all and are working around the clock to create the final version.

I say cut them some slack

Yes!, I completely Agree with you!

This is codemasters first attempt at the Military simulation genre and it's already better than Armed Assault.

Codemasters had to build a New engine from nothing, New AI, New models, New Everything!!

They've put six years into the Project, the last thing the Devs want to hear is all this bad mouthing.

This is codemasters first attempt at the Military simulation genre and it's already better than Armed Assault.

How do you know this? Have you played it?  huh.gif

The screenshots don't look as good, the bit of gameplay that I could barely see in a corner of the video wasn't impressive (I couldn't see much in it), so I would love to see whatever it is that is so informative about the game so I can actually judge it like you did.

A proper gameplay video maybe? AI demonstration? Any good footage at all? I've searched but haven't found anything good.

Have to agree with Matt tbh,at the moment (and this is MY oppinion) smile_o.gif

I think ArmA2 is just shading it!

Just have this feeling that B.I might just pull it off?

But always good to have healthy competion! smile_o.gif

Have to agree with Matt tbh,at the moment (and this is MY oppinion)  smile_o.gif

But always good to have healthy competion!  smile_o.gif

They're not pulling anything off on the Single-player side with that "Razor team" crap. It should be from a normal grunt's point of view, not some SF guys doing boring covert ops. There's no atmosphere in doing just some sf operations.

Have to agree with Matt tbh,at the moment (and this is MY oppinion) smile_o.gif

But always good to have healthy competion! smile_o.gif

They're not pulling anything off on the Single-player side with that "Razor team" crap. It should be from a normal grunt's point of view, not some SF guys doing boring covert ops. There's no atmosphere in doing just some sf operations.

I have to go off topic for a second, but i agree.

Where is the fun being a one man army? let alone a 5 man army.

Its funny, i didnt see the most realistic war depictions of all time feature just 5 characters. Band of brothers, well, large scale warfare.

Please Bis make this 'Razor team' malarkey a sub mission, and keep the other missions Large scale, atmospheric and intense

Do you guys even know what the Campaign in ArmA 2 is going to be like? No? Didn't think so.

I am getting sick of this blind praising of Codies OFP2 (and BIS bashing) when there is nothing to really go on apart from some screens and developer bragging!

As Yahtzee said in one Zero Punctuation review:

"The more I hear about how great a game is going to be the more I get suspicious."

Quote[/b] ]

Yes!, I completely Agree with you!

Codemasters had to build a New engine from nothing, New AI, New models, New Everything!!

They've put six years into the Project, the last thing the Devs want to hear is all this bad mouthing.

well somehow sort of forgot IGI 1,2 tho that weren't military simulators yet i remember first Codies were thinking about saying that lol smile_o.gif

i seriously hope this will not turn into another IGI serie disaster