Sign in to follow this  
imported_bör

Operation Flashpoint 2 officially announced

Hmm, I think ArmA 2 screenshots look more convincing than those OFP2-s.

Stryder unless you work for Codemasters I really cannot see any reason at all for you to get so angry and aggressive? Whilst we don't set rules against swearing we certainly don't like to see swearing used as an aggressive form of attack as you just exhibited.

There's very little to base your extreme pessimism on, y'all, other than your ignorance of the information out so far. People are not actually losing anything substantial by hoping for some great game so you don't have to worry.

It's not very interesting talking to some miserable f... going "oooohh, it's gonna be awful", "nooo, we don't know if it will this or if it will be that", "meeeh, nothing out yet but talks and renders blablablab yadayada" etc. FYI: We all know that, no need to say it out loud every time someone mentions OFP2.

If it fails completely, no big deal, it's probably still gonna look awesome and the vehicles will be fun to drive around. And there will always be OFP, ArmA and ArmA2 to play when you want to get back to your safe, familiar environment with all the features we've come to love/hate/accept.

Ignorance is an interesting choice of words. All we have to go on is what Codemasters has told us...

I could sit here and tell you I have a 16 inch cock... I doubt you'd choose to believe me as blindly as many people will believe the sales pitches put out by developers and publishers. A dose of cynicism is no bad thing when it comes to reading these articles, previews and hype. We all saw what happened to Crysis. Strangely enough Codies aren't about to commit commercial suicide and report anything negative about their game.

Untill a PC magazine (several in fact) get a copy of the Demo (or even better, I get a copy of the demo), its all just hype at the moment to me. I purchased OFP soley on the demo. I'd never heard of the game till I played the one demo mission over and over again for two weeks.  Thats not hype, thats not the publisher telling me the usual rhetoric of 'advanced AI, unrivaled gameplay, etc etc), its my playing the game and working it out for myself.

Now, before I get retorted by a post full of fucking this and fucking that, I'm as keen to see a good product from Codemasters, as I'm keen to see a good product from BIS. Since OFP, these sort of open area, tactical games are the only FPS that do it for me, everything seems a step back in the past with linear or corridor shooter gameplay.

Quote[/b] ]The split between Codies and BIS is quite possibly the best thing that could have happened to OFP fans. We now have not one, but TWO games coming out both claiming to be the ultimate realistic squad-based shooter.

Agreed (In part). Having two games that fit the bill in terms of what I enjoy playing is no bad thing, although I worry that perhaps you end up diluting the potential community between the two products. Which game to mod for hey? I sincerely hope Codies live up to their promises, but we've all seen it crash and burn before with other titles.

If they really are going to make "OFP 2" a realistic tactical shooter, as in something that goes into the class of OFP, Raven Shield, H&D, etc. then one possibly good outcome of it wether the game is "OFP" or not is that they are apparently pouring a lot of money into it for both marketing and development. That could wake up the genre a bit in the mainstream press and gamers as currently the games that are called "realistic shooters" or something similar are really not that at all in my opinion. It could even make UBI turn the R6 series back to what it's supposed to be. inlove.gif

or not  sad_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I sincerely hope Codies live up to their promises, but we've all seen it crash and burn before with other titles.

What counts for me is the quality of the final product. Not more not less. I´ve learned that blind trust in production quality is a bad thing these days. Replace "Codies" in the upper quote with "BIS" and you also get a valid assumption. I hope it turns out better with Arma 2 but for now the record is not the best for BIS, while I have to say that there is a difference in handling bugs between Codies and BIS. BIS at least tries to fix bugs while Codemaster products often go unsupported and unfixed after a while. Maybe it´s about the contracts they have with their developing studios or simply an investment/outcome thing.

For sure BIS can´t deliver another Arma 1.00 if they want to stay in the market of producing computer games and I hope they are aware of that.

The fact that Codies initiated their own team for OFP 2 and the announced goals for the game are set high. If they can deliver such it will be a blast. If not they will finally loose their credibility at all.

These days developing a game of that size means serious money and initiative involved. You can fail once but failing twice will wipe you of the market.

I´m not sharing emotions on neither, Arma 2 or OFP 2, I´ll wait and see and I will certainly not hit the "Preorder" button again.

That´s what I have learned.

I can´t comment on the dirt engine as it doesn´t play on my comp as the CPU simply is not supported which already is a bad sign for me as I can play Crysis, CoD4, Mass Effect on decent details and quality settings...

Well, let´s wait and see until we learn more about OFP 2. For now it´s much too soon to praise or condemn. At least that´s what I think.

How do you know it will be good? Usign game from racing game on infantry.... It might be simple GRAW 2 style game but with old style ghost recon 1 gameplay, with open terrains...

They are using EGO engine which is different than the neon engine used on racing games. It's the fps version of the engine. And how do you know it will not be what it is promised to be?

Read the article.

What counts for me is the quality of the final product. Not more not less.

thats essentially my long winded point. I understand the people here who are 'mocking' the lack of screenshots and the 4 pages of generic waffle and rhetoric, in that is is very easy to sit and say how amazing your product is going to be, and how much of a true sequel it is, when thats all the customer has to go by. You're equally as ignorant to believe everything the developer/publisher/promotions tell you. Hell, If I were to believe Lynx/AXE, I'd be made of chocolate every time I sprayed their chemical warfare on my armpits.

You're right, we saw it with BIS as well (although I sympathise with the lack of money situation, and I always took ArmA on face value, rather than expecting to be THE great sequel - being cynical has its advantages) and it was easy to be taken in with the promise of the sequel.

I also understand those who are very pro OFP 2, and if the hype is to believed, then its shaping up to be an amazing game. As I said though, if its to believed. We've seen it far too many times with other games, with other companies, and as you quite rightly said, its the finished product that counts. And again, its not a case of I don't believe they can make their promises become a reality, its just I prefer to take a hefty pinch of salt along with it. There are a few things in that article and those screenshots that worry me, but I'll leave it to a demo/further articles to see if they're unfounded.

I could sit here and tell you I have a 16 inch cock... I doubt you'd choose to believe me as blindly as many people will believe the sales pitches put out by developers and publishers.

Depends if you provide photoshopped renders of how you "anticipate" your cock will look like when released? wink_o.gif

That was... cruel. The mental image might stick with me for the rest of my life.

Usign game from racing game on infantry....

That's not really the case with what has been said. GRID just takes advantage of the technology built for OFP2, not the other way around.

Well, so much for more information from the US PC Gamer. Finally got it in the mail, and there's no mention of OFP2 anywhere. Worse, since PC Gamer and Gamesradar.com have some sort of collaboration going on, I've read eighty percent of the magazine online already, which makes me feel pretty burnt for that subscription fee.

Maybe next month, or as the release gets closer, they'll have something in the US Mag.

I could sit here and tell you I have a 16 inch cock... I doubt you'd choose to believe me as blindly as many people will believe the sales pitches put out by developers and publishers.

Depends if you provide photoshopped renders of how you "anticipate" your cock will look like when released? wink_o.gif

Ha-ha-ha, 16 inch cock, ha-ha-ha. Let's see if you get one of the most prominent cock magazines to write a top cover, 8 page article about it and you have plenty of in-cock parts and a teaser trailer to show?

Well, so much for more information from the US PC Gamer.

It has just been confirmed that the US version will be the same article.

in-cock parts and a teaser trailer to show?

lol, incock parts, the mental image doesn't sound so pleasing.

I grabbed GRID demo to see what potential there was in the engine, and unfortunately it's quite impossible to imagine the result of such an engine applied on OFP2 (or at least, I sincerely hope there is more than what is seen in GRID demo. And don't get me wrong, I begin to like GRID wink_o.gif )

As far as I see it :

BI :

Cons

* Small team that struggle to finish their product in terms of quality

* no financial backup, calling for rushing the releases

Pros

* Experienced on the market

* tested and proven product (you know what to hope and what to not hope tounge2.gif )

* they never let their product fall alone, though there is much patch work to do, it is done.

Codies :

Cons

* AFAIK zero experience on this type of games

* If engine is similar to GRID, I'm (it's personal) somewhat pessimistic

Pros

* Money

* Staff (way more staffed than BI)

* the devs and the producers are the same. Meaning the release should be more inline with the development state (wishfull thinking? tounge2.gif )

For anything else, honestly, we don't know anything apart from words.

And I'm very suspicious with words, be they coming from BI's mouths or Codie's ones.

Ha-ha-ha, 16 inch cock, ha-ha-ha. Let's see if you get one of the most prominent cock magazines to write a top cover, 8 page article about it and you have plenty of in-cock parts and a teaser trailer to show?

I'll be more than happy to film it if you wish. Sounds like you're rather excited about the prospect.

And PC Gamer will write about anything on their front page. I've been subscribed (till I moved to Denmark) to it for 5 years or so, and seen many a woeful game get equal press.

At any rate, you're missing my point. The point is that codies are only telling us, and telling PC Gamer what to expect. They're only showing pre rendered screens. What has being in PC Gamer got to do with making it more legit? They're only writing what Codies have told them. They haven't had a Demo to play with, or watch being played.

You're equally ignorant to believe everything someone says, especially when they have little to back it up with. There is little in that article to get me hugely excited, possibly because I'm taking with a pinch of salt and not getting wood at every mention, or every prerendered screen, like some here are.

And again, I'm equally excited about the prospect of OFP 2, as any one here. But unlike others, I rather see some better proof of what its going to look like, rather than codies PR man telling us what its going to be like. Then I can get excited, and with good reason. I'm just very cynical, and its done me very well in life thus far.

I feel like im repeating myself for the sake of the deaf.

I'll be more than happy to film it if you wish. Sounds like you're rather excited about the prospect.

Then what are you waiting for? Please proceed without any further delay, I am waiting anxiously.

I feel like im repeating myself for the sake of the deaf.

It did seem that way. It's better to not explain common sense, if someone doesn't have it they won't learn in easily. Everything you said was rational and understandable, why some take exception I know not why.

Quote[/b] ]And again, I'm equally excited about the prospect of OFP 2, as any one here. But unlike others, I rather see some better proof of what its going to look like, rather than codies PR man telling us what its going to be like. Then I can get excited, and with good reason.

Exactly my sentiment. I am interested in OFP 2, like discussing it and I admit have high hopes for it based on what information has been released, but as you say it's not concrete evidence of the game's greatness and I'm not conceding the game will be great as some do.

Quote[/b] ]If engine is similar to GRID, I'm (it's personal) somewhat pessimistic

While I understand the impression the EGO engine left with you via GRID is always going to be a personal experience, is there anything specific you can share or is it just a feeling? It's okay if you say it's the latter, but any consciously observed issues you may have could be unwarranted.

Quote[/b] ]Depends if you provide photoshopped renders of how you "anticipate" your cock will look like when released?

wink_o.gif

I didn't notice this before and all I have to say is - Oh suh-NAP! biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]
Quote[/b] ]I feel like im repeating myself for the sake of the deaf.

It did seem that way. It's better to not explain common sense, if someone doesn't have it they won't learn in easily.

You also forgot to mention that it's often the case that those who feel the need to repeat themselves over and over, regardless of whether they're 'right', just want to be heard because they're not reinforcing their arguments with something new with each subsequent try and thusly wasting their own time as well as that of others. Even people who have a point can be annoying... just take me for example. tounge2.gif

Quote[/b] ]While I understand the impression the EGO engine left with you via GRID is always going to be a personal experience, is there anything specific you can share or is it just a feeling? It's okay if you say it's the latter, but any consciously observed issues you may have could be unwarranted.

Until we get actual ingame screenshots/video, it's almost pointless to make these speculations as the genres are so different. The one thing that seems certain is that Humvee driving is going to be a blast!