Sign in to follow this  
imported_bör

Operation Flashpoint 2 officially announced

*Breathes in deeply* AGAIN, those screens are just target shots CodeMasters have rendered. Also all the previous have already been posted. Still, it's the thought that counts wink_o.gif

The scans were on operationflashpoint2.info

Page 1

Page 2

Page 3

At first I was in a total disbelief with codemasters doing ofp2... now after this article I can see there is a sparkle of hope. It seems they are really trying to make it the way it should be, loyal to Operation Flashpoint.

Well, I feared for the worst but that article sounds rather promising. It would be really cool to see a 1st person wargame that genuinely strived for realism. BIS seems to be permanently stuck on the now-boring ofp level, which is understandable but completely unexciting none the less.

And who cares if the shots are edited, I wouldn't mind if it actually looked worse than ArmA.

Thanks for that smile_o.gif Looks nice but it's still a render, and with no proper viewdistance.

I don`t trust any pictures, unless they are made by me from the demo, once it`s released.

The Island is called Skira! biggrin_o.gif

This game looks and sounds better for each day but Its probably not until you actually get to play it then you can give judgement.

Expected release late 2008. Im reallly looking forward to this.

And a lot more....

Dont forget, we still have round about one year to make it true  tounge2.gif

Hmm... viewdistance at those screens doesn't look impresive at all.

Well they're still rendered remember wink_o.gif So the environments probably rendered most of all, with the ingame models used with a touch up most likely.

Plus it could just be a foggy day ^^

I still have hope! smile_o.gif

Renders get nicer for each time I think, is that an airtraffic control tower in the background on one of the pics ?

And by the way, why are alot of the info on OPF2 coming from german sites, I can`t understand the comments sad_o.gif

Does anyone really give something for such painted/faked "ingame" OFP2 pics? Better to judge by demo gameplay than by pics and advertisement tounge2.gif

How can you tell that's a render, not that i'm doubting you on this?

Well compare it with the trailer avaiable on youtube, it just looks like it... which is rendered (confirmed)and codemasters started hiring developers for OFP2 just about 6 months ago...

Well G$ (gamestar) can write reviews, I don't care... until there are REAL screenshots out.

...and codemasters started hiring developers for OFP2 just about 6 months ago...

They have been advertising positions for OFP2 for over 2 years, since about when BIS split up with them.

Quote[/b] ]Hmm... viewdistance at those screens doesn't look impresive at all.

well as people have already said they are renders or Target shots. and second lol i think it may be used to give atmosphere, War is not always fought on nice pretty days without a cloud in the sky tounge2.gif

Quote[/b] ]Hmm... viewdistance at those screens doesn't look impresive at all.

well as people have already said they are renders or Target shots. and second lol i think it may be used to give atmosphere, War is not always fought on nice pretty days without a cloud in the sky tounge2.gif

Ofcourse, but I'd prefere it like in ARMA or OFP - default is the higher view distance, which you can reduce for effect. Hope I'm wrong (because I have some expectations for OFP2 - especially if it comes to AI, squad commanding, chain of command - things that OFP and ARMA - and i fear that ARMA2 will too - lack), but from my experience if developers concentrate on a feature which is important for them (eg. distance of sight) they will surely show it in their pics. Again, let's hope I'm wrong.

$40 million is stupid money, think of what BIS could deliver with that sort of money.

Despite the massive budget and the legion of coders i some how feel that ofp2 wouldn't be anywhere as good arma2.

It's just a hunch that's all.

Yea when I got the email from Gamespot saying there was more OFP2 news I was like.... aHHHH!!! I'm already late for work, and I've got my torrents running! I can't check now, it'll take forever and I'll be even later for work! NOoooooooooooo!

What did I do? I checked it of course! smile_o.gif

Sadly its just EGO. Pfft. At least they are making large changes to the Neon engine, because dirt did not play so well on lower machines.

Oh and, has no one mentioned this yet?

91462320071206screen001ia3.jpg

Higher Resolution available at gamespot. This looks like gameplay! With rendered scenery. See the chopper edges?, Credit: Gamespot, December 6.

I don't expect to see much un-pre-rendered stuff until much closer to the release date. wink_o.gif

Looks awesome none-the-less. smile_o.gif

lol send me link plz  biggrin_o.gif    i cant find it crazy_o.gif

Lol i found icon_rolleyes.gif

Looks prerendered to me. confused_o.gif

I'm sure this game is going to be good though. Still, if it's this vs ArmaII I'll have to go with ArmaII, just because I like BIS. tounge2.gif