Sign in to follow this  
imported_bör

Operation Flashpoint 2 officially announced

We need translation into english pls. smile_o.gif

Everything important is in the interview

if CM gunna support this game like IGI 1 and 2 ... then ... nvm

Touche Dwarden.

Good Point.

If I am correct, Bohemia Interactive is the one who has really supported OFP this long.

I guess time will tell with their new venture.

Hopefully they carry on the same Philosophy!

Nice how he skirted the mod community question by directing the answer to the in-game mission editor wink_o.gif I'd bet about anything that there will be 0 mod support as once it's built they will start piling on the expansions if it sells ok. If it doesn't sell like crazy it'll get dropped in a heartbeat. Just a guess.

lol noticed that myself and indeed if you listen carefully he says we will be adding to it and supporting to it ,in away that just screams expansions .

Having said that would it be so bad if its done proffesionally and in the right way , however many addons and mods there are for arma right now and its a year gone by ,are actually without errors or compatible with eachother ?

oh... sorry, search only for working links. sad_o.gif

I just watched the trailer again and im wondering why it shows US equipment in the trailer and at the end in the picture bits. Theres defiantly a hummer in the picture bits and the tank looks like an m1 and soldiers like US army? i though Dragon Rising was going to be China vs Russia?

What I'm thinking:

A sovereign and independant nation of Mabool (Meaning Flood /Deluge in Hebrew and continuing the biblical names of the original OFP islands - Abel, Eden, Cain, Noe (Noah) - Also would be a reference to OFP2's Lifeless, Israeli prog death/doom metallers

whistle.gif ) is invaded by either China/Russia.

China/Russia feels threatened, sends in the armed forces.

Shit happens.

Exiled president of the free country requests assistance at the United Nations, two hundred pages of bureaucratic formalities later the U.S decides to send in an expeditionary force.

France surrenders to Germany for some reason.

Victor Troska Jr. asks his father's old mate (Gatovski) to help him infiltrate undercover the aforementioned island in a civilian aircraft (Cessna obviously) to settle a score with a Russian officer previously under Guba that was cleared of all charges for the execution of his mother (Liz), other Novogan civilians, and SUPPOSEDLY responsible (Trotska Sr. was nearly as strong than Chuck Norris - would Chuck Norris die after being shot at by T-80s ? No.) for the death of his father.

U.S forces under General David Armstrong land on the island. First missions consists of the player in the squad of Sergeant Robert Hammer (was demoted and sent to infantry after inadvertly crushing with his tank a general's dog in Desert Storm) being inserted by Blackhawk (checking in over the radio by pilot a la Black Hawk Down reveals that his name is Sam Nichols) on the island. Lots, lots, lots of Ruskie and Chinese commies die.

After accomplishing one of his main objectives against Chinese installations, Dmitri Lukin's Spetsnaz squad is ordered to conduct another operation but this time against civilians of which he does not concur with [insert moral though bandwagon b-s here]. You know how it ends.

Last mission involves everyone in a limousine (Luckin, Nichols, Jesus, Armstrong, Trostka Jr, Elvis, Trostka Sr, Hammer, Player, Guba's mum, Gatovski, Angelina's ghost, Marek Spanel's illegitimate siamese twin sisters, Benedict XVI, and 36 illegal Mexican immigrants) heading to the pub. However they all die en route in a car crash (Hammer was the one driving).

OK maybe some things could be left out, but the remaining cheese would correlate with OFP's previous campaigns.

Quote[/b] ]Quote (StryDa @ Aug. 24 2007,12:10)

I just watched the trailer again and im wondering why it shows US equipment in the trailer and at the end in the picture bits. Theres defiantly a hummer in the picture bits and the tank looks like an m1 and soldiers like US army? i though Dragon Rising was going to be China vs Russia?

Quote[/b] ]

If you've been following the progress of Operation Flashpoint 2 over the past few years you might recall that the game was going to feature fictional conflicts in Southeast Asia, Central Europe, and Africa in the '60s and '70s. We can now confirm that you'll be doing your fighting on an island group off the east coast of Russia where massive oil and gas reserves have been found. That much is based on real life, but the conflict in which the Chinese are attempting to reclaim the islands from Russia is fictional. By the same token, we're told that the island will be re-created quite faithfully, but its name will be changed.

Predictably, you won't be assuming the role of a soldier from Russia or China. Rather, you'll be part of a "small US military presence" attempting to protect the interests of major oil companies that have set up shop in the region. You'll be fighting alongside the Russians in that capacity, and although it's easy to refer to Operation Flashpoint 2 as a "squad-based" shooter, it'll be large armies that clash on the game's 200-plus-square-kilometer battlefield, not squads. As in the original game, you'll get to assume the roles of a number of different characters while playing through the single-player game, but Codemasters isn't talking about any of the specifics just yet, save for the fact that you'll get to command other soldiers only after proving your worth as a grunt in earlier missions.

"clash on the game's 200-plus-square-kilometer battlefield"

How is that in relation to the original OPF Islands in regards to size ?

Hm don`t know what to think about that.

Initially I would have hoped for an Island maybe twize the size of the original OPF Islands.

However with nice graphics etc I realize you can`t go on endless with the terrain.

Anyway as a single island it sounds ok, but it leaves food for thought if OFP2 only will have about 1\3 of the land mass compared to the original as it means less replayability in my opinion.

I really like the idea of fighting along side the Russians for once rather than agaisnt them.

I kind of hope for the editor though that you can define sides based on your mission, this way you could create classic russia vs us cold war missions if you'd like any way. THis would also be cool as we'll have three large armies to create battles with.

Quote[/b] ]you'll be part of a "small US military presence" attempting to protect the interests of major oil companies that have set up shop in the region.

Wow! It's a dream come true, i can now help the world become a worse place!

I'd rather be a russian killing oil slaves...

Reminds me of the movie "Shooter", where Mark Wahlberg's character facilitates the escape of PMC's that have just slaughtered a few hundred villagers so an oil-pumping station can be built on the place of their village. But that's just economy, they kill innocent people far away, we get somewhat cheaper fuel... sad_o.gif

Perfectly in line though with US and Chinese foreign policy.

Reminds me of the movie "Shooter", where Mark Wahlberg's character facilitates the escape of PMC's that have just slaughtered a few hundred villagers so an oil-pumping station can be built on the place of their village. But that's just economy, they kill innocent people far away, we get somewhat cheaper fuel... sad_o.gif

Because obviously all European countries are humanistic in nature and don't have any economical interests.

Out of the six biggest worldwide petroleum corporations, three are European.

AFAIK military intervention has never resulted in cheaper fuel prices. The cost-efficiency ratio of a pen and paper is more advantageous.

Hm don`t know what to think about that.

Initially I would have hoped for an Island maybe twize the size of the original OPF Islands.

However with nice graphics etc I realize you can`t go on endless with the terrain.

Anyway as a single island it sounds ok, but it leaves food for thought if OFP2 only will have about 1\3 of the land mass compared to the original as it means less replayability in my opinion.

I'm thinking that it's more important to have more interesting and varied terrain than a much greater area. It still leaves room for huge engagements.

Because obviously all European countries are humanistic in nature and don't have any economical interests.

Out of the six biggest worldwide petroleum corporations, three are European.

AFAIK military intervention has never resulted in cheaper fuel prices. The cost-efficiency ratio of a pen and paper is more advantageous.

What has what you posted got to do with his post? It's completely irrelevant.

I remenber the days when petrol cost under $1.00AUD a litre.

It sucks for me becuase I'm a new driver with no money.

BOT, I'll be keeping an eye on OFP2 closely. See if they keep the relisim. I read about 200km/sq Battlefields which sounds interesting

While i've had ofp since it came out, I pretty much just stuck to basic editing and have not become involved much in the community. I think everyone probably knows the answer to this, but with not being involved in the community much i've missed it. Why did codemasters and bis get divorced after resistance?

"clash on the game's 200-plus-square-kilometer battlefield"

How is that in relation to the original OPF Islands in regards to size ?

It's about the size of the Sahrani map if you include the ocean. I know how big BIS claim the OFP islands and Sahrani are, but if you actually check the scale on the editor, then measure the distances, you'll actually find that they're not quite as big as they'd like you to think. Of course, I have no doubt Codies are pulling the same stunt. Create an area Y x Z kms and stick an island in the middle somewhere. Then take the total area of the whole thing and state that as your island size. Voila. One technically incorrect yet, technically correct statement, depending on how you choose to interpret it. Funny old language, English.

That's exactly right. "200-plus-square-kilometer battlefield" where 'battlefield' is the key word, not 'island' or 'land-mass'.

Codemasters: A sense of balance between the sides, cheat prevention, main focus on multiplayer.

BIS: Doesn't care about balancing, no cheat prevention, and no focus on their (current and dropping like rocks) loyal multiplayer base... Hell, it took 9 months AFTER release for the tools, and STILL believe fixing a latter is more important than fixing hackers.

icon_rolleyes.gif