Sign in to follow this  
dob

Too much CHEATS

It's probably because I only play co-op, but I havent been on one single server were I have noticed anyone cheating...

Since I just hate all these annoying checks that sometimes just irritate, sometimes cause seroius problems and sometimes are very intrussive (no mater if its for copy-protections, anti-cheat or whatever), please make any new protections schemes choosable by server admins so I don't have to deal with more crap. (It's enough to have to deal with the crappy softwrap system)

More admins wont help much without proper admin tools like some form of remote admin function so a server can be admined without having to run the game.

I was just about to post this but seems a lot of people know the file check is not enough to stop these cheaters its very irritable to me is anything getting done about this is there anything that can be done? (BIS)

** Infinite Ammo **

obvious

** WeedKiller **

removes all foliage

** No Panting **

Stops breathing

** Wall Hack **

Can see people through walls luminous green!!

These hacks work outside the arma folder so what can be done??

Can a screenshot of what people see be put in to effect like pb?

(...)

No use. Most cheats for other games nowadays know when PB or any other Anti-Cheat software is requesting a screenshot and just deliver a clean one. Apart from that, screenshots are only good for reviewing clan wars and such, because they only allow you to catch the cheater AFTER the game.

To effectively combat cheating, the server must be made to check certain things, especially such things that should be impossible. For example: the heaviest weapon in the game is the laser guided bomb of the Harrier, with a damage of 5000  and an explosion radius of 15 meters.

Still, I saw in one video that some guy was firing "nuke bullets" with damage 9000 and explosion radius of a few hundred meters? So the server recieves the message from the client of an explosion of that size (that is not in any config file) and just accepts it? This shouldn't be possible.

Instead of allowing the client to transmit the actual blast strength and range of an impact, the server should only accept config entries. For example:

Some hacker modifies his weapons config so that all rifle bullets have strength 1000 and a 10m blast radius. At the moment, whenever he fires a shot it seems that his computer calculates the impact strength from it's local config file and then sends the result to the server, effectively giving him a super weapon because the server doesn't care how big the explosion is.

To combat this, and some other cheats, the following things need to be changed:

- Client computers no longer send detailed impact information to the server. Instead, only the config name of the ammo type is sent. So, when a hacker changes his bullet configs, the effect is not usable in multiplayer, because the server will only use the values from its own config file.

- The server must make sure that any ammo a player fires was actually available. If a player starts a mission with an M4 and an M9 and did not get any other weapons via script, ammo crate or dead body, the server should autoban him, if the player starts firing ammo from any other weapon, or if the client sends impact info of weapons he did not have.

- If a player name changes during the mission, he should be autobanned.

- All vehicle roadkills must be assigned the the vehicle's driver, or the most recent driver, if he bailed within the last few seconds.

- Players that acquire 3 or more teamkills within a small time should be autobanned.

Any and all counter-hack measures should really be done server side and not client side, because they can't change what doesn't happen on their computer.

As you can see I have given this a lot of thought.  wink_o.gif

i do hope these changes get made, but knowing the amount of effort any change this late in the development lifetime requires, i'd be amazed if there's a _sucessful_ push towards these types of features.

maybe with a big patch designed top down for security it'll happen, but im not holding my breath.

It'd be nice if they can even just stop generic game hacks from working on armed assault though, Least make the idiots work for their bread.

Actually, since most anti-cheat measures should be server-side, most of the code would be implemented in the dedicated server software and not in the actual game.

Since the current dedicated server software is still considered beta, I'm guessing it's still being worked on, so implementing some anti-cheat routines should be possible.

would be nice if there was a way of sniffing the traffic coming into server and weed out what shouldn't be there then have a auto IP and ID ban....

or send back Code to the MOFO and squish his PC biggrin_o.gif

(...)

[..]

To effectively combat cheating, the server must be made to check certain things, especially such things that should be impossible. For example: the heaviest weapon in the game is the laser guided bomb of the Harrier, with a damage of 5000  and an explosion radius of 15 meters.[..]

You mixed up two different things here!

One is mentioned by Anth and partly could only be checked by the client itself because not everything is transmitted to the server such as the breathing thing or if your grass is there or not... These things can only be stopped via client side checks!!!

On the other hand there are these addon "hacks" which AT THE MOMENT let you be a super warrior with super weapons and some other shit.

BUT this has already been encountered by the signature system!!! The only problem is that currently the system is unusable because of corrupted signatures provided with the game and the non published signature tool. But if we are able to use this at the end it is the most secure system against addon hacks like shooting bombs or change configs!!!!

The "only" problem which is left then are the client side 3rd party Hacks (wallhack etc. outside of arma)...

would be nice if there was a way of sniffing the traffic coming into server and weed out what shouldn't be there then have a auto IP and ID ban....

or send back Code to the MOFO and squish his PC   biggrin_o.gif

If you do see cheaters, hackers, deliberate TKers.......

Then tell the ArmA GBL (Global Banning List)  band.gif

or send back Code to the MOFO and squish his PC biggrin_o.gif

If you do see cheaters, hackers, deliberate TKers.......

Then tell the ArmA GBL (Global Banning List) band.gif

That site seems to be just for server admins, I was playing on a server yesterday and there was a guy with, what everyone else was calling, a 'speed hack' , he was zooming all over the place and it wasn't just lag.

Not being a server admin or anything , I suppose there is nothing much I could do,trying to get everyone to vote was a waste of time (think the amount of votes needed should be dropped) though I happened to have fraps going and got a couple of short vids.

BIS *are* attempting to stop the cheats using signature checking for addons, but currently the system doesn't work well enough.

I imagine next patch we'll see a much better system and the number of cheats will drop