Sign in to follow this  
Jack-UK

Direct Chat??

Searched + looked at the commands in the Biki... couldnt find anything for the command for Direct chat?

so whats the command to use it, and can it be used the same as globalchat/sidechat command?

e.g. player directchat "Hello"

But i cant find the dam command :S and searching was no help sad_o.gif

Cheers!

Hey thanks for your reply..

But i guess you misunderstood my request wink_o.gif

What i meant was how can i get the 'direct chat' to work in the same code.. you know, the text that appears in the middle-low end of the screen smile_o.gif

Cheers!

EDIT: also, if i wanted to do it line by line... how could i make it wait a few secs before showing the next message? Cheers smile_o.gif

For that you can place a trigger and go to effects then in the box next to "Type" scroll to text and just under that box there is another box in which you should choose Bottom and now there has come a box in which you can type under the "bottom". That is what it says in the mssg.

gah ofcourse thanks smile_o.gif

i was forcing myself to go about it the hard way :P

Cheers

EDIT: also how would i be able to wait a few secs.. then display the next line of text? that possible without having to use multiple triggers?

Ehh i found a easier way tounge2.gif just go to effects in the waypoint... I dont know how to make the after a few secs thing without multiple triggers.

firefoxlover.gif

Hi there!

Is there any possibility to make NPCs use direct chat? I mean in multiplayer for example only those players *near* a specific NPC can hear him. In my case the white plain text doesn't solve problem 'cause it's global and everyone could see it even far away from speaking NPC.

You can use conditions to only run the titletext where a player is near the unit (like unitx distance player < 10). The command itself should be local, but if used in a trigger (or script running everywhere) it can have global effects.