Sign in to follow this  
Danbri

ATI 7.4 is out!

let me guess : the handle leak issue is not resolved :P

You can't hotlink the release notes from outside ATI site, it redirect to a 403 page

Guest RKSL-Rock

Still leaking... BUT it seesm to be leaking slower now!?!

Test scenerio: 5 mins flying around Rahmadi in a AH-6 no shots fired, starting at the default editor time and date.

6.7 - ~305-400 handles after 5 mins

7.3 - ~12000 handles after 5 mins

7.4 - ~4900 handles after 5 mins

Does it do anything performancewise?

Thanks for posting.

no ArmA bug fixed ! ! ! ! !

not only, in the:

"Known Issues Under the Windows XP Operating System"

ArmA is not mentioned ! ! ! !

ati devs are crazy ? ? ? ?

suma, what have you to say about this ? ? ? ? ?

Look Suma and BIS dont have godly control over ATI :P

They have made them aware and they should be working on afix. Remember, ATI/AMD has a long development cycle for its patches, so the handle leak for ArmA should be fixed in an upcoming patch...

Plus BIS are hardly EA or any other of the fat cat publishers who have more of a 'push' over ATI..

Till then, use Catalyst 6.7 drivers...

Really? i didnt know that biggrin_o.gif learn something new everyday i guess...

Still, ATI have to fix the issue otherwise it reflects badly on their products/software wink_o.gif They've probs got ArmA at the back of the list because its not such a huge game...

To be honest if people DO NOT complain to ATI then it will not be on the fix list. They respond to customer preasure.

Why bother with a game if all its customers are not bitching about it ? I have put my complaint in, I suggest if we want this fixed everyone should take the time to file the bug.

tbh, this 'issue' hasn't effected me as far as I can tell but hey, if its known its know.

I agree with you, the more pressure put on ATI the more they will prioritise. ive already put in my complaint. I might send another soon as they havent exactly been swift.

Improvements seem to have been made, but no complete fix.. maybe they *cant* find a fix? :S Maybe some new features used in the newer GFX cards are causing this issue or what-not...

Bah who knows, ATI are payed to figure that crap out biggrin_o.gif I'll let them keep their jobs and figure it out for themselves

where You get info ArmA is NVIDIA sponsored ...

please stop speculating ...

Sure then you remove the NVIDIA The Way It’s Meant To Be Played badge from the demo then that is not my doing.

Maybe Atari are not publishing it either ?

I must support Thrott in the supposition that Nvidia is sponsoring the game. I'm not sure how this affects the development of either Nvidia software or Armed Assault, though. If you have any evidence to the contrary, Dwarden, please share it!

Being an ATI customer and a supporter of Canadian industry, I would just once like to see a game sponsored by or even optimized for ATI hardware.

The lack of ArmA based reports might be attributed to the fact that this isn't an ArmA based problem, yes / no?

...........Remember, ATI/AMD has a long development cycle for its patches...........

may be, MAY BE

but if I can understand that is no so easy to find and to debug a game bug, I think that is very easy and that request very short time to add in the Catalyst Release Notes file, at the voice "Known issues", the name "Armed Assault"... three seconds of time

if this wasn't done, the cases are two:

1) for the ati devs Arma is like shit

2) they don't know the problem

... or not ? ? ?

Sure then you remove the NVIDIA The Way It’s Meant To Be Played badge from the demo then that is not my doing.

Maybe Atari are not publishing it either ?

hmm ... ok i'm sure my ArmA build was w/o that TWIMTBP

must be new ATARI innovation smile_o.gif ... sorry

These have been released now. I will give them a try this evening and see if they make any difference to performance, but I think they mostly address issues with Vista.

You never know though..........

MODedit: merged, please use search ...

if this wasn't done, the cases are two:

1) for the ati devs Arma is like shit

2) they don't know the problem

ATI do know about the problem. I have mentioned it to Terry Makedon from ATI in Canada and I have a ticket logged regarding this issue. My comments were submitted for review regarding this handle leak on 4/6/2007, Richard from ATI has advised me he has forwarded the feedback to the Catalyst Crew Team, this was on (4/11/2007 1:35 PM EDT) and the status reads "solved" which leads me to believe the next driver sets will address this issue.

banghead.gif

solved is set by even automatic answer system ...

my ticket is even older it's still work in progress w/o usable human made answer ...

same goes about other tickets by some of my customers who play arma ...

hum.. SO this version has no use for us ATI users, right?

as some tested and say, The leak is still there... meaning useless to update to new version 7.4

Ill wait for another version maybe 7.9?

If ATI guys don't fix this bug fast, ATI cards will be a fart in the space.  confused_o.gif

If ATI guys don't fix this bug fast, ATI cards will be a fart in the space. confused_o.gif

Sure, since the whole world plays only ArmA

I didnt get the handle leak problem with the 7.3 installed 7.4 played 40 / 50 mins handles didnt go above 300 ? I read on another forums someone suggested ati leak seem to be more common with intel cpu's ? rather than Amd

Specs Amd 4600 x 2, x1950xtx, 3 gig. XP home sp2, beta patch, maxmem @ 1200.

Runs very very well.