Sign in to follow this  
house_Fly

Problem installing the US Demo

Well i recently came across this game and had the European demo and noticed that there was a US demo release. So i uninstalled my Euro version and went to install it, but i waited and waited and I was only at 3 bars after 15 minutes of install time. I thought it was kind of strange so I had a friend try it and he installed it within 5 minutes meanwhile mine was just now at 6 bars. Within a 1 hour period i had only reached 8 bars. " I was eating and hanging my shirts during this time." So when i came back i noticed it said it was copying files which I thought was weird... and after I navigated to my Atari folder I saw that all my counter strike mods were being installed to that folder. operantly The install makes a temp folder and extracts files to your desktop and makes a folder called addOns. Well seeing how I already had this folder it was installing the game stuff plus injecting my files into the folder. Once I renamed my add ons folder the Install went smoothly.

yeah same thing here, made an addon thing. and its runnin slow a poo because of it. But I bought the version, not the demo. keep getting install errors. So far very buggy, not impressed.

Will be doing my third install unfortunatly, It will be the last.

I dont understand it, I keep changing the folder but it keeps downloading into an addons and its messing it all up.

so far no reply from there troubleshoot email system as of yesterday. sad_o.gif

ok same error again...this makes 3 in a row.

This application has failed to start because d3dx9_30.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

its clear that it is not fixing the problem.

any suggestions?

Thats a different issue. Update your Direct X! Read the stickies.

If that fails, google for that file and download it manually and save it to system32 folder