Sign in to follow this  
vipermanden

Server settings on a 10/10mbit

Mr. g-c, thank you for the explanation, it clears up a couple of questions I had about the comments in the wiki.

I'm making my cfg modifications here as we speak. Thank you for the help.

10mbit. 100mbit........ doesnt really matter what your server has sence arma uses a max of 4.5mbit so you could easy use settings that 100mbit servers use on 10mbit server

This is what my server arma.cfg looks like

language="English";

adapter=-1;

3D_Performance=8721.000000;

Resolution_W=800;

Resolution_H=600;

Resolution_Bpp=32;

MaxCustomFileSize=35000;

MaxMsgSend=640;

MinErrorToSend=0.008;

MaxSizeGuaranteed=1024;

MaxSizeNonguaranteed=512;

MinBandwidth=15000000;

MaxBandwidth=15500000;

512 for maxmsgsend is fine but i set it to 640 months ago for testing then forgot to change it back but seems ok with it

Also these settings we use on the ofp servers that i host for people that have been used for years on some of the best cti servers

MaxMsgSend=512;

MaxSizeGuaranteed=1024;

MaxSizeNonguaranteed=512;

MinBandwidth=10000000;

MaxBandwidth=13000000;

I once made my ofp server output around 11500 Kbps per sec and me and a clan member has like 10000 bandwidth each but the lag was so badbefore server was outputing more then it could handle so setting settings to high for 32players + will just result in lag because server will use its max output quicker

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152....MG]

I remember when roughnecks server and other known servers used settings like this

MinBandwidth=64000000;

MaxBandwidth=100000000;

Server was showing 7mbit usage on 32players. I tested them settings once and played CTF map with 30 players. Was wrost thing i ever done. people whined about lag and though the server was sh*t

....doesnt really matter what your server has sence arma uses a max of 4.5mbit...

I'm not sure if it still does with 1.15B.

I've seen figures between 10k-15k mbit for out-traffic by #monitor.

MaxCustomFileSize=35000;

That's a really small value. The BIS config description says: MaxCustomFileSize=<size_in_bits>;

In your case it would be only 4,3kiloByte.

Or did I get this wrong?

MaxCustomFileSize=35000; = 35kb max per custom file. over that server auto kicks.

Quote[/b] ]uses a max of 4.5mbit

Sorry Brit, but that is not even close to the top end. I am on 100Mb/s and see 20+ out regularly and 10-15 out-going is about the early game average. My standard mid-game BW is about 6 .. and that is only the only the out-going side, the incoming is about 2/3rds of the out.

I think this thread just confirms the amount of misunderstanding and confusion out there about the settings.

MaxCustomFileSize=35000; = 35kb max per custom file. over that server auto kicks.

Ok, you're right. I've tested it on our server. But than the BIS config description is wrong. It should be: MaxCustomFileSize=<size_in_bytes>;

Ok, you're right. I've tested it on our server. But than the BIS config description is wrong. It should be: MaxCustomFileSize=<size_in_bytes>;

Very strange, i always thought it were bits too, not bytes....

With this parameters "Below" on Benny warfare map with 16 people i'm seeing total average of 670 packets being sent each second and received around 350 packets (Using network monitor 3.4)

About 50-100 packets a sec per client and i still get network message pending and desyncs while server fps is at 48

Packets are all different sizes from, 64 bytes to 950 bytes!

The settings below don't make any sense at all.

Please don't delete this post as nobody knows clearly how to set it up from ofp days, even in arma 3!

Thanks.

MinBandwidth=80000000; (If i set this to say 1mbit i get crazy desync even with 1 client connected)

MaxBandwidth=100000000;

MaxMsgSend=512; (Packets per "1 FPS" per each Client)

MaxSizeGuaranteed=1024; (Max Packet Size)

MaxSizeNonguaranteed=512; (Max Packet Size)

MinErrorToSend=0.004; (This drops cpu usage ?)

MinErrorToSendNear=0.03; (This not sure but i set higher anyways)

Edited by johnsm