Sign in to follow this  
-ZG-BUZZARD

ArmA US Demo Coop Mission...

I have played the 1.03 ArmA demo and it was easy to finish, but this US Demo's coop mission seems to be impossible to beat... I mean there appears to be an endless amounts of OPFOR infantry and more BRDMs than the SF's have Humvees... The enemy soldiers seem to be everywhere! Is there a way to beat this mission? Where are the OPFORs initially, and where are they going? It seems they always try to surround the SF team, but possibly the surrounding isn't completed due to the fact that the OPFOR is just overwhelming... Any advice on tactics for this one?

The demo must be so damn sweet that everyone is playing it instead of posting about it wink_o.gif .

The demo must be so damn sweet that everyone is playing it instead of posting about it wink_o.gif .

I bet there trying to complete these missions..

But i bet they made them hard for that exact reason.. When you play some and complete it straight away it gets borning a second time, but if you cant complete it its a challenge and you keep trying.. playing there game smile_o.gif

Yeah, well, so far for me it's been a nice way to get to explore that little town from a Seagull's point of view, if you know what I mean... It's a pity that the area of action is just limited to that town, otherwise I could explore the rest of the island as a Seagull, would be nice... sad_o.gif

I guess I've still got some "Resistance" to wait until I can't bear it anymore - alas the Demo still seems to have players so...

Talking about the tactics of the Co-op mission, from my experience, the best way to go about it is for everybody to mount the Humvees and drive them fast into town, halting at the end of the road (not making any 90 degree turn), abandoning the Humvees since they make great decoys even when empty, and spread out... anybody know where to go best from there?

I have finished the coop mission several times. The easiest way is to drive straight into the first building on left of road. Drive thru the crumbled wall or if you miss, knock a wall down, get out, and enter building.

Gunner takes out the guy in the sand bags checkpoint on the way in to town, than as the driver is on his way to the building on foot, take out the couple that show up on the left on top of hill. Once the driver gets inside the building he runs thru and guards that side of the building.

Gunner than gets out and throws a grenade around the left of the building killing one or two there.

The one in the forward doorway will now proceed to gun down about 30 some AI that come into his view running down the road. The gunner in the rear than peeks around the corner, next to the road, picking on the ones running down the road and the flankers to the right that forward guy missed,  and its a bloody turkey shoot from there.

Getting the SAW is a must, cause the amount of enemy troops would overwhelm a 20 round magazine :P

One Brdm or two coming in is no problem, just shoot the tires out.

No need to get in Brdm now. Just clear the rest of the city going building to building picking out on the few that are left. They usually stay in the same spot every time. So learn their positions and you should have good time. With 2 people we beat the map without getting a Brdm on veteran.

edit: The AI usually get killed unfortunately, but they help draw enemy into our crossfire. I have them spread out in front of town blasting away.