Sign in to follow this  
anders^on

US Demo Released

Ill make a FRAPS video Full Settings

notworthy.gif

Oki Playing a mission in MP makes it go down to 50fps but still for Full setting with 10000 View Distance is good stuuff.

Yeah but your hardware is top notch! What do you think I will get with a Geforce 7800GS+ and 2 gigs of DDR RAM? tounge2.gif

Worth downloading a demo when we have the full game ? I'm sure the patch will soon follow including all these fixes.

Remember the demo is a cut down version of the full so I would guess less to cache ?

Matt make it in a some big town or in some big combat...  smile_o.gif

City Combat Constant 35-45 FPS.. FULL Everything

I dont get No Paper Textures when the camera is flying about neither.. yay.gif

Think they've done something to the vegetation, it's not quite as pretty as before but the game is moving much much better.

20-35fps constantly with nearly everything on very high and 6500m VD on an Athlon 3500+ and a 7900GT.

Also isn't the demo using sara lite. This would make a differerance.

Not really, not with the terrian loading thingy they have in the game.. using Sara Lite with 1.05 is not as good as this..

Download the demo and find out the wonders .. I feel BIS has done wonders in optimising the engine. I belive when the rest of the world gets patched to 1.07 they will see a great improvement and ArmA will well and truly be what its ment to be!

Edit: They have also fixed there CTI

Hey Thrott,

I don't know about caching but the RAM usage of the ArmA process is about the same with this US demo version and with the full game with latest patch to this date. So there is practically the same amount of data loaded into memory as in full version, on my computer. Memory usage for ArmA process on this computer has been around 250-280 MB with the maxmem=512 argument, now it was 277 MB after playing this US demo version for some time. And in full game version the memory consumption was measured while playing on the large Sara island, now the memory consumption is practically same in the US demo version with SaraLite. So no, you can't say that the performance improvement is because there is less data to handle.

Just to add, maybe data size for some objects has been reduced, like salisan suggested vegetation maybe has been changed. We can't say about that for sure now. But the total memory consumption seems to be the same on my computer. If the size of some objects are reduced in bytes, then it could mean that the total number of loaded resources could be higher, which could reduce the need to stream data from the hard disk drive. But this is just speculation.

Thx for checking Baddo.

Going to d/l and try, what was the release date for the US version ? I would guess the patch for the rest of the world would come out round about the same time or before so we can bug test it wink_o.gif

In the city I had some low lod buildings as well as when entering the BRDM (although not always)

No sounds for the MG (BRDM/M1) while inside.

Performs much better than the last demo overall.

No mission editor...its there but locked.

Downloading it while keeping my fingers crossed. This version will finally tell me if the time to buy Arma is come. wink_o.gif

Klavan

Please someone confirm performaces are better near vegetation, and is the game's menu the same?!.

Better performance yes.

Menu different to full version with latest patch to this date.

Download and you'll see.

Ok i just played it. The ironsights are improved and they did include the newer menus...
Quote[/b] ]and is the game's menu the same?!.

And Salisan reckons the vegitation has changed, so that's probably been optimised for the better,

Oh boy! Let's see if this runs better on the machine I have now then what it did on the demo before!

The demo sucks. And I have the full version (1.05 + patch).

Performance wise, sure its a little better, but they also took a step in the other direction with sluggishness. It feels a lot more sluggish than the full version. Also, some annoying bugs are still present (it takes forever to turn the fucking wheels, shouldnt we have power steering by now? shit.), the editor is blanked out, and while playing a CTF game, my game crashed. Welp, uninstalling. This is a nice demonstration to potential buyers... cough.

Oh, no A10, and old NVG's.

Im very impressed..

I just downloaded and installed the demo,, its v1.06. That i did notice.. The load times.. wow! talk about an increase.. vs my regular 1.05 the load time was literally cut in half.. done away with.. I started out with all normal advanced settings at 1900x1200.. It looked good.. ran alot better than it did at the 1.05 version.. However i decided to bring down the rez to 1280x1024 and match the video settings to my 1.05 version.. I'd have to say it was flawless if not better than 1.05... The feel was a bit different , for the good ofcourse..

Im liking it..

So whats the word,, will all of us get patched to this 1.06 or will it be a 1.07 huh.gif Top apply these new optimizations..

I really REALLY hope the sluggish movement is not implemented in 1.06, it's perfect in the beta patch, please don't try and fix something that is already working confused_o.gif

I'll just wait for the patch instead. It shouldn't take that long for it to arrive, right? smile_o.gif

...right? huh.gif  tounge2.gif

Can someone with Vista and an 8800GTX please test this for me for playdough-LODs and/or "cannot create system memory texture" CTDs? I'd be eternally grateful.  xmas_o.gif

EDIT - Please put your settings on high when you do.

I really REALLY hope the sluggish movement is not implemented in 1.06, it's perfect in the beta patch, please don't try and fix something that is already working confused_o.gif

Well if it's in the demo then it's going to be in the final release.