Sign in to follow this  
anders^on

US Demo Released

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but the way they handle the binoculars in the US demo is brilliant. It is almost instant on/off.

well personally i would like it to be weapons like

you choose binoculars, you take out your binoculars, then you press ironsight, you bring up the binoculars, press again you put it down, if ppl have no idea what i(or we since i share the same as others) am talking about, take a look on S.T.A.L.K.E.R. , they are the closest example for our suggestions.

Brilliant suggestion and it shouldn't be too difficult to do (I would think). This would allow you to walk with them in your hand and adjust your position if something is in your way, ect.

Oh I agree totally. The new RPGs allow you to run any distance and then bring the weapon back up to fire without having to switch back to rifle. The binoculars and laser designator should be like that, only without the "have to kneel" part.

The rocket launchers shouldn't have to kneel either, realistically.

anyone having a problem with squads? After a while, when I tell them to return to formation, it tells all the squad member to follow someone else.

It changes too, one time I'll tell them to return, it'll say all follow 4, then later i'll do it again, and it'll tell them to all follow 5

@teioh

It's a strange ArmA bug : just bring up your Status menu and say "Done", and you'll be given back control (0-5-1 I think)

tounge2.gif

Regards,

Wolfrug

Quote[/b] ]2. rate of turnning is still noot too unrealistic IMO, in general i think it still like hanging just under the main roter instead of some what between the COG(closer to COG), rate of turn still not realistic enought to be easily control, way too low, what i think should have been is the turning rate increase, and the lift creat by the main roter should be taken into account, chopper more or less flys like a plane, but the lift creat by the blads should push the chopper away too

3. we still dont have enought pOweRRRRR(going up and down should be easier)

Very good point, imho. I'm no chopper pilot, but come on, the coppers spin like wheel and go up like hot air baloon.

anyone having a problem with squads? After a while, when I tell them to return to formation, it tells all the squad member to follow someone else.

It changes too, one time I'll tell them to return, it'll say all follow 4, then later i'll do it again, and it'll tell them to all follow 5

Is also an OFp bug, usualy cause when you order an AI yto drive the vehical you are in, then you all get out before reaching the waypoint. He becomes the one they all follow and he doesnt follow you.

Just press READY or NEGATIVE and then press Rreturn to formation.

There seems to be some kind of a CTI bug in the U.S. demo. I keep getting stuck at the spawnscreen and all the controls stop working. And it keeps saying "<playername> was killed" even including my own name. This is really serious. :/

It seems you are actually spawning but the spawn screen stays. Sounds like a bug in the mission scripting.

This is big time. It happens to me all the time Capture the Island as well. Almost every game in CTI that I can recall this has happened to me. If not right away at the initial spawn then it's usually after the first death.

There should be a kill command for ArmA to get it to exit but nothing I've tried works from inside the game.

All in all my experience with CTI has been very poor (rate it a failure).

All in all my experience with CTI has been very poor (rate it a failure).

I agree, ive had constant problems with the mode. Custom maps and Coop are fantastic smile_o.gif

WOW,

the demo is excellent...performance is now for me @ a never expected level and now i know that my old agp system can handle it @ 25-60 frames with settings set to high and very high with5000 view distance 1280x1024 . hope the full sahrani map has no big influence to this great performance.

x2 @ 5000

gf 7800 gs+ 512 (g71)

2gb of infineon ram

and my old 80gb hd

I agree. Awesome U.S. demo. The only problem I have had is that in the heli mission where I gotta pick up the squad out in the field, when I land only 2 peeps get into the heli. And I have the heli sitting within 3 feet of the LZ.

Oddness.

Otherwise, I love the demo.

Sadly, I have more texture bugs than before...

Still getting the shatter glass graphic anomalies.

Is there any fix for this?

Still getting the shatter glass graphic anomalies.

Is there any fix for this?

Use different drivers. Forceware 93.71 (if you use Geforce 7 series) should work fine.

I have an ATI board any one know if the latest drivers correct the problem?

I know only too well the graphical problem your having. I'm using NIVIDIA 7950GX2 and i'm convinced its not a driver problem. I've recently had my GPU replaced as the other one was overheating in the 80s and 90s. I've not had the problem again since i've had it replaced but i also added extra cooling. I'm not sure if it's a heat related problem or not but it was for me. Or there could of been a fault in my GPU, who knows.

I know only too well the graphical problem your having. I'm using NIVIDIA 7950GX2 and i'm convinced its not a driver problem. I've recently had my GPU replaced as the other one was overheating in the 80s and 90s. I've not had the problem again since i've had it replaced but i also added extra cooling. I'm not sure if it's a heat related problem or not but it was for me. Or there could of been a fault in my GPU, who knows.

I believe my gpu board runs between 45-70. I have no heating problems with other games? I will run atitools and do a temp check.

Forgive me guys but can anyone please find me the Demo changelog? Ive looked but cant find nothing.

I believe my gpu board runs between 45-70. I have no heating problems with other games? I will run atitools and do a temp check.

Okay I ran the demo and check the gpu temp at point of graphic anomalies. Temp was 76 each time.

I don't think that is overheating.

Interest thing was when I alt tabbed to check my temp, returning to the game cleared the anomalies. This leads me to think it is related to a data overload issue. My card has 256 mb but maybe that is not enough? I also run a gig of ram, perhaps an upgrade to 2 gigs would clear the problem.

Anyone still getting this problem with 256 gpu memory and 2 gigs on ram? What about 512 gpu memory?

Forgive me guys but can anyone please find me the Demo changelog? Ive looked but cant find nothing.

There isnt one.

Well im outta luck then and might aswell have "gullable" tatooe'd on my head, cheers Matt biggrin_o.gif

Anyone still getting this problem with 256 gpu memory and 2 gigs on ram? What about 512 gpu memory?

I've got 4, 512mb GPUs running in quad SLI and 4GB of ram and i still had those graphical problems. Though my system only seems to read 2GB, as the other 2 gigs are used up automatically by the Quad SLI.

With my new GPUs and extra cooling my temps rarely go above 60.

I've got 4, 512mb GPUs running in quad SLI and 4GB of ram and i still had those graphical problems. Though my system only seems to read 2GB, as the other 2 gigs are used up automatically by the Quad SLI.

Uh, overkill? I'm jealous. What kind of performance do you get?

If that is the case then I think it must be some sort of bug rather than a hardware issue.

Uh, overkill? I'm jealous. What kind of performance do you get?

I have all settings set on high, view distance around 3000 and a resolution of 1680x1050. I don't suffer from slow downs except the obvious forest areas, but its' not enough to ruin the gameplay. I still don't think Arma is actually using the full potential of the 4 Gpus i've got installed.

Also I'm still running Arma version 1.05, so i havn't tested the better view distance and other tweaks from the 1.05 beta. I'll wait until the official 1.06 or 1.07 patch is released.

I have all settings set on high, view distance around 3000 and a resolution of 1680x1050. I don't suffer from slow downs except the obvious forest areas, but its' not enough to ruin the gameplay. I still don't think Arma is actually using the full potential of the 4 Gpus i've got installed.

Also I'm still running Arma version 1.05, so i havn't tested the better view distance and other tweaks from the 1.05 beta. I'll wait until the official 1.06 or 1.07 patch is released.

No point not trying the beta, since it doesn't overwrite anything and you can still play without it. Might be a few weeks before 1.07.

Doesn't sound like all 4 GPUs are being used.

hmm, I'm skeptical at the benefits of multiple gfx cards for ArmA.

I'd wager a single card could grant the same performance. wow_o.gif

A friend of mine has said

Quote[/b] ]"I dont care if it sounds like an F-18 taking off, as long as it goes as fast as one."

biggrin_o.gif