Sign in to follow this  
anders^on

US Demo Released

It's much better than the old demo, but LOD problems still make it unplayable afer about 10 minutes. I hope BIS or NVIDIA can fix this problem soon.

Today is a sad day for me. I've been waiting a long time for this demo and game. Unfortunately my crapola pc won't run it. I can play BF2 and some other recent games, but definately not this one. See, I found that one thing that sucks every ounce of money and gaming fun out of your life, what's that thing called? . . . oh yeah, A WIFE! Gamers beware, unless you are one of the few fortunate people who either have enough money or have found a gamer chick, DO NOT GET MARRIED! Lol, from what I could tell it looks great. Hopefully I will get to play it soon. Keep up the good work BIS.

Anyone running an X1950 PRO with the demo? wink_o.gif Any improvements?

smile_o.gif

I am (512 MB PCIE)

And I see a little FPS increase, especially when long view distances are involved (even better as the BETA)

IN dense areas like towns and bushes it could still go down to 10-15 fps (All settings on highest 1024x960)

Open areas 40fps with that settings

In other forums I see ppl complaining about the gun movement lag, I guess this is intentional as the head moves faster etc. but it may be best that the official word on it and state its not a 'bug' ?

Hi all

I guess maybe BIS may have started to add more weight to the gun giving it its own inertia.

To test this check it with rifle movement against Pistol and heavy MG.

If this is the case Kynasthesia wise you just need to get used to it. Your mouse movement will adapt and after a few days you wont notice it; except when you go and play the run and gun CS/BF style games the magic no weight guns will seem that much more lame.

If you want to play with CS/BF style magic no weight guns then move the floating zone slider all the way to the left. sad_o.gif

Kind Regards walker

No noticeable improvement in performance. No improvement in controls, aim inertia etc.

OFP FTW for the forseeable future.

huh.gif

Trying to launch the demo and get this message:

SecuROMâ„¢ has determined that a File/Reg Mon program is present is running in the background. Please close this program before you start the application.

http://www.securom.com/message.asp?m=module&c=5024

I don't have any emulation software or any virtual drives. What could be causing this problem?

Here is a list of all running processes:

i think it's enough if You ONCE start Process explorer and You get this message ...

write complain to securom because WinInternals and SysInternals are now part of Microsoft Corp.

i get problem more often as lot of new games use this version of Securom ...

(hell even ALPHA test builds!wink_o.gif

AMD 4800+ X2

8800gtx xxx version

3 gb ddr 400

180gb SATA 7200 HD 8mb

xfi soundcard

Everything was set on very high, view distance was at 3k.

I noticed a GIGANTIC performance increase and was running between 30-60 (min and max) and with it being about 45fps most of the time. Whoever is not seeing a performance increase, your card is either not powerful enough to notice a difference since they will be noticed more on very high settings or your card just worked well with it from the beginning (the 8800's had problems since day 1, finally fixed now except for the fog distance problem). Too bad the demo is not worth playing since I have the full game. Can't wait until 1.06/1.07.

There seems to be some kind of a CTI bug in the U.S. demo. I keep getting stuck at the spawnscreen and all the controls stop working. And it keeps saying "<playername> was killed" even including my own name. This is really serious. :/

OK, seems that the general consensus is the US demo is cleaned up a bit, but are the 2 demos compatible? Can some running the BIS version join a server running the Atari version? I know that the final versions are suppose to.

edit - OK, just tested & they are not compatible - nm

There seems to be some kind of a CTI bug in the U.S. demo. I keep getting stuck at the spawnscreen and all the controls stop working. And it keeps saying "<playername> was killed" even including my own name. This is really serious. :/

It seems you are actually spawning but the spawn screen stays. Sounds like a bug in the mission scripting.

Have their been any announcements on whether the US version gets an exclusive period - like 505's european release?

Basically, will us 1.05 users have to wait until after the US release for patch 1.06 - or will we have a full (or beta) patch to 1.06 on (or before) the US release date? confused_o.gif

Cheers,

#C

Blasted!

AI still won't follow you over bridges crazy_o.gif Why have so many bridges and mountainous terrain if your team can stay with you? This needs to be fixed.

Not only.

AI ALWAYS go into water still when walking from soth-east sahrani to north east sahrani.

I had a RTS4 and was desperately waiting for the infantry and they shown up - ALL WITHOUT WEAPONS!!!

So they again took the chance to take a bath at beach.

EDIT: That was with 1.05 and 1.05++

So please chack with 1.06

The new gun movement is a 'feature' because aparently u look with your head first, then move the gun.

Pretty stupid IMO.

Also they shouldnt have screwed with the choppers! they were great!

p.s thanks for the feedback on ur GFX rundll thumbs-up.gif

hmm i played it a bit more today.

I find that in large areas of vegetation (no zooming) the fps drops a bit more than before... from 15-17fps to 10fps. Tried this in the marijuana plantations near cayo and Tiberia.

Zooming in however eases the FPS up abit though.

btw the trees look skinnier. Less leaves?

The biggest gripe im having so far is the BHs. You call that zooming in? basically the zoom is such that it frames the window u're looking out from nicely with ur computer screen. i'm not in favour of this because I'd like to see enemy troops below me so that i could position myself for my gunners.

Another thing is that you cant turn your head down as you could before. It stops just before the lower part of the window near your feet. It feels very uncomfortable for me now with this position but maybe it's just that.... me.

The auto centering is still present but in the beta patch i found the recentering trick (which is to use the numpad. Works only for up and down head movements) and has been ok for me. however with the limited view we have now with the head it's getting very difficult to land. but if they have a reason for this then okay... i might accept it.

p.s. Is there a version changes log for the demo that we can take a look at somewhere?

Is there a way to disable the screen that pops up showing the controls shortly after starting a SP mission? It's so annoying (plus my controls are completely different anyway smile_o.gif.

Is there a way to disable the screen that pops up showing the controls shortly after starting a SP mission? It's so annoying (plus my controls are completely different anyway smile_o.gif.

If it's a hintCadet, you can avoid it by switching to Veteran mode.

Just to get things stright.. Once 1st May ArmA:CO [1.06] is released there will be a wait of 1 or 2 weeks before the rest of the world + US is patched to 1.07.. The reason for this is simple.. they want Arti to at least get some sales..

Is that confirmed Matt? :S It probably will happen.. cause its the same thing that hapened with 505... but BIS got a lot of flack for that :P maybe its up to the publisher tho? :S

I hope it wont be too long after to get out hands on the patch sad_o.gif

Naw, it shows the control screen even in Vet.

I was just playing the commander mission and I noticed the driving AI is really f'ed up. Man oh man. The big truck also gets all crazy when I put on the breaks (turning it sucks too). Weird.

I actually think the AI was better all around in OFP. Even though the enemies flanking in ArmA is pretty neat.

The new gun movement is a 'feature' because aparently u look with your head first, then move the gun.

Pretty stupid IMO.

Also they shouldnt have screwed with the choppers! they were great!

p.s thanks for the feedback on ur GFX rundll  thumbs-up.gif

instead of "ahhhhh they fuck it!! damn you" type of speaking can you post what is going wrong in detail?

i have got no time to DL and try the demo yet so its better giving a bit more detail then simply say "they fuck up"

I'm at the commander mission, and I'm wondering if i'm doing something wrong....my teamates just won't listen to my orders...specially the moving orders and when they are into a vehicle...is this a bug or what??

Thanx

Oh and by the way, is there a follow me order...my teamates always seems to get lost in the woods, or just stands still, and finally, when I point my crossair a some vehicle, ennemies, dead bodies...the crossair change for different icons....so is there a fast key to give teamates orders according to the icon your crossair is showing...

Thanks again