Sign in to follow this  
anders^on

US Demo Released

I guess it's the task-explorer itself.

It's the same result with or without the process explorer

@Ceriy:

Hehe, the joys of Securom, now available as a demo. biggrin_o.gif

I guess it's the task-explorer itself.

Correct. System Internals (or whatever they are called) programs cause problems with Securom. Don't know why, I guess it's just Securom being stupid and/or having something against those guys.

i dont like that you cant zoom as much in 3rd person with the Blackhawk, i also cant see down.. so its way harder to recon a town from high up in the sky sad_o.gif

i dont like that you cant zoom as much in 3rd person with the Blackhawk, i also cant see down.. so its way harder to recon a town from high up in the sky sad_o.gif

If you have command of the group you could "command free-look" around, no? huh.gif

Anyone running an X1950 PRO with the demo? wink_o.gif Any improvements?

smile_o.gif

Just tried the demo.

- Loss of FPS when looking through ironsights. I had 60fps looking at the desert near Cayo and it dropped to 30fps looking through the M4 aimpoint. Why? I dont know.

- My FPS goes about a steady 30fps everywhere.. whether looking down a street or in bushes. Is it capped at 30fps? When i look down at the ground i get about 40-50fps though.

You keep contradicting your supposition that you have a framerate cap. Clearly, this is not the case.

I tweaked a bit and ended up with pretty nice graphics and a decent 20-40FPS, on some settings at High/Very High.

- I have Disabled: Blood and Shadows.

- Normal settings on: Terrain, AA, AF and Post Proscessing.

- Resolution: 1280x1024.

I'm currently playing the SP Missions. In the Mission "Commander", Me and the squad always get slaughtered by the BRDM APC, that drives damn fast into town. crazy_o.gifrofl.gif

Anyway, ArmA f-in rocks. thumbs-up.gif It might not have the same battlefield "feeling" like in OFP, but still it's pretty awesome. smile_o.gif *Me wants my new Rig and the full version of ArmA*

------------------

Cheers. smile_o.gif

The AI seems a bit more dynamic now in the demo. The helicopters practically pilot themselves too :/

From my experience with the blackhawk so far, it seems to me that:

The player's view has moved up, making the helicopter appear to hover with a slight nose-down attitude.

The tail rotar authority has been increased at speed.

It takes a lot more deflection of the helicopter in order to inact any sort of response. Accelleration in any direction has been reduced along with any corresponding loss in altitude.

Subsequently, the blackhawk is harder to crash but also much harder to get it to do what you want it to.

This could all be false... it could be just that I don't fly the blackhawk enough, and in comparison to the other helicopters it seems sluggish. However, I'm pretty sure what I'm observing is fairly true and I don't like it. I can see how it would be helpful to others who have a harder time flying, though.

Just tried the demo.

- Loss of FPS when looking through ironsights. I had 60fps looking at the desert near Cayo and it dropped to 30fps looking through the M4 aimpoint. Why? I dont know.

- My FPS goes about a steady 30fps everywhere.. whether looking down a street or in bushes. Is it capped at 30fps? When i look down at the ground i get about 40-50fps though.

You keep contradicting your supposition that you have a framerate cap.  Clearly, this is not the case.

It's not a cap, it's a minimum he's describing.

BroK3n, you seem to try and get your FPS to go below 30 and can't? is that what I'm gathering?  You mention trees and bushes and city views get 30 (heavy rendering) and looking at your feet 40-50 (light rendering).  I'd be happy with what you have.

I don't know what my FPS is, but I do know it's much better than 1.05 beta even.  Need to play with the mouse sensitivity a bit more and get rid of the mouse smoothing/lagging feeling, almost there.

Nice job BIS! notworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

The naysayers are running out of bad things to post!    biggrin_o.gif

Edit: @ Plaintiff1: I have to agree with the sluggishness of the BH.  Need to try the others to compare against.

Hi LoFFeN

The town and the BRDM are only the start of that mission. It is a long hard fun mission requiring a lot of tactical thought.

Kind Regards walker

Hi LoFFeN

The town and the BRDM are only the start of that mission. It is a long hard fun mission requiring a lot of tactical thought.

Kind Regards walker

Hehe yeah I know. confused_o.gif

I'm gonna play some more ArmA later today. And then, that BRDM is gonna burn. pistols.gif

I think I have a plan though. I'm gonna try another way around instead of the main road that I used at my first tries. biggrin_o.gif

Cheers. smile_o.gif

Gah i havent got the time to download the US Demo.. not sure i really want to anyway, probably just wait till the patch smile_o.gif

But i really wish they hadnt fiddled with the choppers.. by the sounds of it they have made them worse... i like how they were, all they needed tweaking was a bit of tail rotor speed increase :\ *sigh* i really like the handling of them in 1.05, hopefully they havent changed too much.. A lot of people have just become adapted to the new flight model also.. also sounds like guns have been given too much weight from a lot of posts that ive read.

Fingers crossed the performance is much better though smile_o.gif

Yeah a couple of major things jump out and will take a little time to adjust to: Gun movement lag, now the crosshair (if enabled) moves to the location normally but the weapon seems to trail behind, I havent really tested but it appears not to effect shooting although I could be wrong.

Choppers are now pretty simple to fly compared to when you first picked em up although that could just be in game experience now.

sounds good to me with easier handling of choppers smile_o.gif

about weapon lag you can always changein optionsx-y ssliders to faster smile_o.gif

I was starting to master the helos quite well.

The best thing about this is that with the US version reaching gold and the demo out they might focus on the next international patch smile_o.gif .

This was just announced on bluesnews.com

ArmA: Combat Operations Online Sales [April 17, 2007, 7:26 pm ET] - Post a Comment

The Atari Forums offer word that ArmA: Combat Operations, the upcoming U.S. edition of ArmA: Armed Assault, will be made available for online purchase and download from the Atari Website on May 1, the same day Bohemia Interactive's military shooter appears in stores. Word is: "Fans will be able to Download the FULL GAME directly to their computer and start playing the day of release without ever having to leave their homes. The game comes with a Full Color Digital Version of the Manual and works exactly the same as the retail version of the game - except that you won't need a CD of course!"

Now for us that bought the sprocket edition and/or UK editions.. will we see a patch by may 1st to bring us at the same level as the US ppl. huh.gif??

So is there a reason why the gun keeps moving for half a second after I stop moving the mouse? That makes shooting things almost impossible, by the time I've managed to get the sights on them the AIs have killed them.

Just mess about with your settings. Try puting the X and Y values up a little and lowering the float zone.

Had a little play about with the demo. Not sure whatever whatever subtle changes that were made to the flight model were really necessary. I liked it how it was and now it feels a little less fun. I miss the way I felt like I was throwing the helicopter about in the air. Now it feels much less real.

But there's no mistaking the huge performance boost, and I'm already running the 1.05 beta fairly well.

Hopefully BIS take heed of the huge improvements that the community sound pack give to gameplay, and decide to change their stock sounds at some point.

I can not figure out that freaking mission editor.

The editor is locked in the demo. whistle.gif

Daniel @ April 17 2007,20:13)]
I can not figure out that freaking mission editor.

The editor is locked in the demo. whistle.gif

Quote[/b] ]To get to the limited Editor:

From the main menu choose: 'Missions'

Then double click on My Missions, followed by double clicking 'New Mission'.

Finally click the 'Open' button.

Planck

I haven't tried it yet, but it seems like it isn't.

Abs

All it is, is a simple mission wizard. You can't even place units on the map and such like the real editor.

But I can't find any combination of settings that actually lets me control my gun. Why not, like, release a game which just lets you control it with the default settings?

I've played through OFP numerous times and never had this kind of problem there. It feels like the gun is attached to me with rubber bands or something.