Sign in to follow this  
anders^on

US Demo Released

Can someone with Vista and an 8800GTX please test this for me for playdough-LODs and/or "cannot create system memory texture" CTDs? I'd be eternally grateful.  xmas_o.gif

EDIT - Please put your settings on high when you do.

cannot create system memory surface error is still present.

but meanwhile i think its a nvidia driver bug.

demo is nice but im disappointed to still see some well known bugs in it.

previous animation does not instantly end on death, in some vehicles the optics are not accessable via mouse2 button, no new nvgoggles...

i dont hope this is the final state of the upcoming 1.06

Okay, seems like the sluggish movement is reduced to a level I can live with when I turn down my mouse Y an X sensitivity, will have to examine further to see if it's just my imagination or if there's a genuine change to the player movment.

Can someone with Vista and an 8800GTX please test this for me for playdough-LODs and/or "cannot create system memory texture" CTDs? I'd be eternally grateful.  xmas_o.gif

EDIT - Please put your settings on high when you do.

Ive got vista-32 bit and 8800gtx, I'm got a 18 minute wait and than I should have it downloaded in about 10 mins and I'll post an update.

Just downloaded the demo. I have an ATI X800 and am getting a ton of coloured broken glass graphic anomalies at all settings. It seems to occur when I get near buildings.

I used to get this in the other demo but nowhere near as bad.

Other than that (which is a major issue) the games runs fine.

I have just tested the demo a little bit and I am getting about 20-40 fps better than english 1.5. I want to test how it runs in the city but cant get editor to work add units and so on if some one can tell me I will be more that happy to run tests. My pc

Windows XP

e6600

8800 GTX

2 gig ram

Asus Striker

I dont know if there is a lock on the fps because i never go above 60. Also all the setting are on very high.

Test update. In the big city by the airpost driving around in a hummer did not hit below 30 fps yet but I need to add units to see how much it can take but I DONT KNOW HOW TO ADD UNITS

The performance is not on par with 1.04. I have the demo and a copy of ArmA on my PC and the 1.04 version runs better. Now, the demo does run better than 1.05 but the performance IS NOT ON PAR WITH 1.04.

Also, everything seems to be more sluggish-like and I don't like the new recoil that they put in (something feels different).

To get to the limited Editor:

From the main menu choose: 'Missions'

Then double click on My Missions, followed by double clicking 'New Mission'.

Finally click the 'Open' button.

Planck

I live in canada so I can only talk about what I've experienced with the demos...The new one (US), I get around 30 fps with all settings sets to medium, 1280 X 1024, distance at 2700 and I'm using a P4 HT 3,4 ghz, 2 gig RAM, ATI X850XT PE and windows XP...not sure but I think I was getting better fps with the first demo around 30 BUT almost everything very high..???

From reading the posts in here I seem to be the only one encountering this error. I'm getting a "ArmADemo.exe - Unable to Locate Component" error that reads, "This application has failed to start because d3dx9_30.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem" What does this mean? Thanks

*edited to add: This happens when I try to run ArmA, so far I haven't be able to since I get this error message*

Well i hope ArmA deletes their older demo and release it with this demo cause this version of the demo is much better even if there is some things to get fixed. Menus was a bigge with me, just horrible with the pings, atleast now we can see a #.

well i must admit as being one of the vocal ones with there despleasure with Armed Assault i am quite supprised with the US Demo performance wise.

I wish they had put armored units i(tanks) in the demo. Mabye its a good thing, I hope that by leaving them out it means there fixing them in time for the US release.

Overall, it runs smoother then 1.05, I like it.

I freaking love this demo. Runs amazing, looks great maxed out, and the A.I. is way nicer.

maybe I've been playing Stalker for too long, but is it me or is the mouse floating a LOT more than before? I changed my freelook and mouse sensitivity back to what I have in ARMA, but still the demo aiming feels more muddy than I remember, but I haven't played it for 3 weeks so I may be wrong.

Also big bug with the m16/m203 and 20rd mags (no pics? Not in the pbo?)that cause me to crash to desktop.

Edit: But it does seem to run faster overall.

Has there been any official word on this demo so far, because I cant seem to find any crazy_o.gif

at least I hoped for an official post for us fans for the log of change list in the new version. As these things of course won’t exist in the readme of the demo.

Quote[/b] ]"This application has failed to start because d3dx9_30.dll was not found.

You need DirectX 9.0c

Grab it here

WOW! I dunno what caused this but i could play the demo with everything MAXED out on a 7600gt avg 20fps. Keep up the good work smile_o.gif

Performance is very much improved, I'm impressed.  yay.gif

I do notice a general "softness" of objects and textures, but maybe its just me?

Nice job BIS, looking forward to U.S. release.  smile_o.gif

when in 1.05+ i have got texture loading problem with standard display setting, once i use nHance to tweak the prerender limit to 0 all mouse lag texture bug freezing bollocks are gone, dunno how this affect the demo(like take down the sluggishness)

I barely noticed any difference at all sad_o.gif Still lags where there's lots of vegetation and in towns (not much but it goes down to like 17 FPS)

if the demo is out now, and the Us release is on 1 May then will there be a new patch soon (other than the beta patch)?

I barely noticed any difference at all sad_o.gif Still lags where there's lots of vegetation and in towns (not much but it goes down to like 17 FPS)

spec. , settings, softward/tweak in use

these what we need to see if we could help confused_o.gif