Sign in to follow this  
raedor

Mapfact releases: AH-64A and CH-47D v1.08

The rescue thing was also done a few times with Cobras in Vietnam...the ammo bay doors below the cockpit fold out and form little shelves that a couple of guys could cram onto in a pinch.

Nice job on both birds, although I agree that you might have gone a bit overboard with the various weapons loadouts wink_o.gif

HI

Is this mod actually for ARMA and has it got a Puma SA 330 in it?

Thanks

Yes, and its moreso an addon, not a mod. It's the BIS model AH-64A from OFP into Armed Assault along with the CH-47 from OFP, so no there is no Puma.

hI

Yes, thanks for your reply. I have now download it. Has anyone had that problem with the chinooks being really unstable, or is it just me because I haven't got the 1.5 patch yet, which improves helicopter handling.

The Apache handles too heavy and the Chinook handles extremely light, the Apache should handle much more like the Cobra.

Yeah..I tried it and it handles much like it did in OFP, sluggish...Oh well, working on an updated version and a Delta myself along with its original creator.

I'm not a member of mapfact, nor are the AH-64's I speak of..infact it may be better if I just end it now before I am accused of advertising in another addon makers thread.

I'll make a thread about it later under addon discussion.

Just tried this great addon again after updating to 1.08 and I don't know it these are known issues since the latest patch?

1. No sound when firing AGM 114 Hellfire from AH-64?

2. AH-64 don't recognize the invisible lazed targets from MAP_Misc? I.e they don't show up in the "mini radar" when flying AH-64 but do when flying the stock Cobra.

And lastly LOBL and LOAL should be swapped since it's the LOAL (Lock On After Launch) that has that characteristic high flight profile in RL.

/KC

Looking forward to it. The AH-64 is a blast to fly!

/KC

Just noticed a few more things. Seems like the lights from the "dummy" MFD and cockpit instruments affects the NVG's AGC very much and makes it impossible to fly at night (tried at 0:50).

Looking strait ahead you see nothing, looking left/right out of window you see a bit more (after the AGC settles) but it's hard to fly that way wink_o.gif

Also the HUD graphics is now drawn just above your right knee.

Keep it up!

/KC

Marco-Polo-IV @ June 17 2007,21:25)]Update is in progress

regreetz

Marco

Any chance of a model update?

First let me say I have always enjoyed your addons, Second this is a great one as well, FLIR....sweet. Keep working on it!

Some request / comments

1. LASER - Make the laser target able by the gunner, it would be nice to send a missile into a building, or anything else for that matter.

2. FLIR - I sure your working on it, its still great.

3. Gunner screen - Lok like 1.08 mesed it up.

4. NV - craped out as well after 1.08

5. Keep rockin!

I have a bit of a question...

I've seen various screenshots and videos featuring the Apache with a new, more accurate HUD. However, when I'm in the gunner position, all I have is a single crosshair. While it isn't the default BIS one found on the Cobra, the HUD isn't exactly the one I've seen pictured .

Any ideas?

any chance of improving the skins on the AH-64s like better paint. Would be nice wink_o.gif Like the surfes is all fuzzed up. Love the AH-64s just the skin paints on these birds are fuzzy. Love the work you done biggrin_o.gif

I have a bit of a question...

I've seen various screenshots and videos featuring the Apache with a new, more accurate HUD. However, when I'm in the gunner position, all I have is a single crosshair. While it isn't the default BIS one found on the Cobra, the HUD isn't exactly the one I've seen pictured .

Any ideas?

Patch 1.08 broke it mate.

We all see that now tounge2.gif

4IB is enamored with the AH-64A Apaches and is our official air fire support helicopter but there are a few requests for improvements.

1. Reposition or fix something that causes the nightvision to auto-contrast to an extreme when looking at the lower half of the panel.

2. Swap LOAL and LOBL modes to be correct.

3. Utilize the new 1.08 BIS native TOW weapon for the TOW equipped models.

4. Use the native BIS laser target or some other standard so one aircraft (OH-58?) could lase for another, ground personnel could laze for Hellfire from AH-64 using SOFLAM.

5. Have a visual indication that the laserdesignator is on for people without crosshairs on. Like the ammo counter can read 2 when off and 1 when on.

6. Have TOW and Hellfire shots that track laser script the vehicle to automatically switch to the laser for tracking.

7. Provide a slightly better (50%) zoom capability on the gunner camera.

8. Provide a better crosshair for the gunner optics. The current one looks like it was drawn in crayon.

9. Bigger upkick, longer delay to resume tracking for the high trajectory Hellfire shot.

10. The Multi-Role loadout is our current favorite but it unfortunately lacks any AA missiles. Ideally Sidewinders.

11. The chaingun lacks a straight shot past a measly 1500m and droops a lot.

Amazing mod. In 1.08 the optics are messed up in the Apache Gunner's position.

Instead of the typical ranges and illustrations all you see is a highly-zoomed crosshair.

USMCG0811 on YouTube pointed out the issue.

smile_o.gif

You can download v1.08 of this addon now here.

Most important fix are the optics for ArmA v1.08, but Marco also added some new weapons and other stuff. smile_o.gif

Hey Marco...

I am just wondering, i know ive seen alot of people mention it, and ive been flying this Mod since you released it (Granted it has some flight model issues, but its fun to hear that 30MM rip shit up !wink_o.gif

The AH64's in your mod are just a TAD too sluggish, especially the rolling action, it also seems to lack alot of power (IE, when you are in a mild dive or hard bank, it just doesnt respond with full collective pulled, cylic to the wall)

I think you need to set the (im not sure if your not able to play with it yet, maybe that is the issue) flight responsiveness in the AH64 to SLIGHTLY higher, it is QUITE the nimble aircraft in real life...

ALSO ....while the Chinook is a damn power house....your model is EXTREMELY too sensitive, any speeds below 100kts and that thing will barrel roll like a F16....

If you could fix those two major issues with your Addon, i would proudly stamp it as the currently highest quality addon ive seen for ARM:A so far....

I love what youve done with it , and god knows its good to have the Apache and Chinook back in my life :P

OH........one last request, since youve been using models from OFP.........do you think you guys could put a OH58D Kiowa Warrior in the works? (OD Green and Flat Black? Please god dont go Im Super Secret Squirrel SF black, just flat army black like! biggrin_o.gif) Me and all my K-Dub buddies are crying ourselves to sleep waiting for SOMEONE to show some Kiowa love!!! biggrin_o.gif

PS!!!!

I just wanted to drop a HUGE compliment really quick!! Your mod is one of the VERY VERY few i have ever seen that when you make a Black model, you didnt go straight stupid black (IE the UH Medivac bird and the recent 160th Mod.......those birds look WAAAAY too black, the color setting you are using on your AH64's looks DAMN good! yay.gif

Still quite a few points with the 1.08.

The Chinook is still over sensitive.

The Apache could be a little more sensitive, and now shoots green tracer?

The AA A10 and Nation Apaches are much appreciated though. How about a slightly retextured RAF Harrier with no cannon just as a stop gap in the next update?

EDIT: Could you also implement the suggestions made by Frederf on this page?

EDIT2: Rockets work now. biggrin_o.gif

@daniel

you have aktivate the newest MAP_Misc, and you have both Logics (MAP_AirWeapons_Logic & MAP_Misc_Logic named Server) in your mission?

Ah, possibly not the newest MAP Misc, forgot about that. Thanks, I'll check.

EDIT: Yeah, my bad. My Misc file was out of date. whistle.gif