Sign in to follow this  
Major Eyeswater

Nvidia BETA Fog Bug Driver Fix For 8800 Users

just browsing through various forums to other games that suffer from the fog issue, and its came to my attention that nvidia have released a BETA driver that is said to fix the fog bug in Counterstrike: Source, another game that suffers from the fog bug.

Driver version is 158.16 and for WinXP 32-bit users.

d/l link: Link

(remember they are BETA drivers...)

anyone see a difference?

my screens:

Arma settings#

1.05 + Beta patch

snag1055nc4.th.jpg

Overlooking South.S airport and town

http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/9413/snag1052xv0.jpg

my specs:

C2D E6600 @2.4ghz

2GB Corsair XMS2 6400

BFG 8800GTS 640mb

Asus P5N32-E SLI

just browsing through various forums to other games that suffer from the fog issue, and its came to my attention that nvidia have released a BETA driver that is said to fix the fog bug in Counterstrike: Source, another game that suffers from the fog bug.

Driver version is 158.16 and for WinXP 32-bit users.

d/l link: Link

(remember they are BETA drivers...)

anyone see a difference?

i will post screens myself soon and my specs

i will have a go of it, but my 6th tells me that the "fog" they are talking about aint the same thing here, which is more like haze

i'm about 20 mins away from going back to xp so if it works let us know, it could be the final nail the coffin for vista. For now anway yay.gif

Will test it asap i will do a before and after shot.

Before1.jpg

After1.jpg

Can you see a difference?

And that NO WAY 10000 VIEW DISTANCE AND thats what it is SET AS!!!!

Check out my Before and After shots [up] and make an conclusion? for the beter or worse? lol.

Check out my Before and After shots [up] and make an conclusion? for the beter or worse? lol.

Are you checking with 105+ ?

Btw, it might be needed that you rename arma.exe to cs.exe or whatever it is in counter strike, if it is a game-specific optimization

Are you checking with 105+ ?

Btw, it might be needed that you rename arma.exe to cs.exe or whatever it is in counter strike, if it is a game-specific optimization

Yeah 1.05+

and hmm CS+ i will check that.

How the hell has Major Eyeswater got his ArmA View like that.. i have mine at 10000 and look its no where near that wow_o.gifwow_o.gifwow_o.gif and i have a BFG 8800 GTX 765mbs

you think mine is good? close to the 10000 distance?

in the first pic i posted with the thumbnail i made sure the day set on the editor was clear.

EDIT: also about you saying it could be optimised for certain game i.e. counterstrike:source, i dont think it is.

here are forum links that discuss the new drivers (half of the threads is about speculation of the drivers to start off with)

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=221342

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=89731

also reports of improves scores in 3dmark, still thats not related to the fog or mist issue, the fog in css might differ from the fog in arma, but i dunno why it would.

you think mine is good?

in the first pic i posted with the thumbnail i made sure the day set on the editor was clear.

So did i, just with 2 bars up wich = small amount of cloud and no fog.. so why is mine like that sad_o.gif Im gona cry..

isn't this an issue with the HDR rendering huh.gif If I set my HDR Precision to 16 or 32 then I see the blue haze effect like the pics above....setting it to 8 clears it.

BTW when ArmA US DEMO loads in the Slpash Screen it says Nivida The Way its ment to be with the Nvidia logo so maybe BIS has been in thouch with them?  smile_o.gif

BTW when ArmA US DEMO loads in the Slpash Screen it says Nivida The Way its ment to be with the Nvidia logo so maybe BIS has been in thouch with them? smile_o.gif

got any screens to show the viewdistance in the US demo if possible?

BTW when ArmA US DEMO loads in the Slpash Screen it says Nivida The Way its ment to be with the Nvidia logo so maybe BIS has been in thouch with them?  smile_o.gif

got any screens to show the viewdistance in the US demo if possible?

Much better than i prev posted.. yay.gif

Matt, I'm fairly sure the new public beta (as well as the US demo) has significant haze-handling improvements over v1.5. You should try it out on those, because I can get a nice looking ArmA with 10,000m viewdistance on v1.05.5143.

Edit: Observe.

v1.05

v1.05.5143 Beta

Slight difference? tounge2.gif

We all know the beta has less haze than 1.5 official but its still there to a lesser degree but still annoying.

I tried the US demo and its no different from the beta patch.

confused_o.gif

Beginning to wonder if it will ever get properly fixed..

We all know the beta has less haze than 1.5 official but its still there to a lesser degree but still annoying.

I tried the US demo and its no different from the beta patch.

confused_o.gif

Beginning to wonder if it will ever get properly fixed..

for 8800 users, have you tried changing the HDR precision to 8 in the arma.cfg huh.gif

looks like it's a problem with the HDR shaders for the 8800 series that use a higher precision HDR than the directx9 cards.

for 8800 users, have you tried changing the HDR precision to 8 in the arma.cfg huh.gif

looks like it's a problem with the HDR shaders for the 8800 series that use a higher precision HDR than the directx9 cards.

Thanks for the suggestion but its makes no difference to the haze. I just wish they made Arma look the same on 8800 as on 7900/7950 because it sucks having a so called superior card but the game looks worse!.

mad_o.gif

Hi

I still am having this haze/ fog effect with my 8800GTS with latest drivers (163.11 Vista), has anyone got this running with an 8800 without the haze/fog?

Does anyone know what is the definate fault here as i can no longer play this with the haze/fog effect as it looks pants.

Hi

I still am having this haze/ fog effect with my 8800GTS with latest drivers (163.11 Vista), has anyone got this running with an 8800 without the haze/fog?

Does anyone know what is the definate fault here as i can no longer play this with the haze/fog effect as it looks pants.

Put ur viewdistance to 4000 or 8000 and it should stop looking pants in v1.08.

Hi

Put ur viewdistance to 4000 or 8000 and it should stop looking pants in v1.08.

Thanks that seemed to work better with a lose of frame rates though, cheers for that smile_o.gif

Problem is still there but I cant see them fixing it now its been too long, oh well I'm not playing Arma anyway at the moment..

whistle.gif