Sign in to follow this  
zombie1

Weird Problem.....

I recently gave my friend a copy of OFP so we could do LAN together. I sent him my CD key to use. When I play online, it works fine, even at 500 ping... But when I play with him, at even 100- ping, it stuffs up (like if I'm passenger and he drives, the car won't move, I'd get locked in, sometimes I'd die suddenly). Me and my brother played fine with OFP over the LAN, and we had the same key. But me and my friend were playing via Hamachi, which is also LAN (over the internet), it stuffs up like this. Anyone know the problem? What if I found and gave him another key, would that fix it? sad_o.gif

No. I bought ofp and me and my bro both installed it with official CD. Nothing illegal about that. Though I gave a 'copy' to my friend just recently and when we try play it stuffs up. confused_o.gif

If you install a program on two or more comps, you have to buy two or more copys of the program. You cannot install the same program on two or more comps with one cd.

Well, it does work. It's just in multiplayer it screws up, only in multiplayer. Also, the one I gave to my friend is a different CD, a copy. whistle.gif

But how come me and my bro were able to play over LAN with the same key... That worked fine. Me and me friend are playing over LAN with a program hamachi (LAN over internet). I host a server on LAN, he joins. So far so good. Then the gameplay is really bad. sad_o.gif

I own OFP Gold and Resistance and GOTY but I have only GOTY installed in both my PCs and I never had any problem besides lag... Same goes for the odd LAN I've made with friends, all installed from the same GOTY with original disc, patched then to 1.96, and off we go, only problem being the occasional lag... so that seems indeed to be a weird problem, zombie1...

Well, I played with my friend in a different sort of "LAN". It's a program that does some... I dunno, but it makes LAN over the internet.

Do you think this could be the prob - I've reinstalled ofp just before I gave him a copy. But when I reinstalled it I used the copy I gave him, instead of the official CD. Could FADE be detecting 2 "copies" in use you think?

Well, I don't know for sure, but sudden death I think is one of the things that FADE causes when it kicks in, so it could be possible that FADE went active...

It's so weird... When I join my bro's server through LAN (cable), it gave the msg "Original games do not fade". I join my friends game over LAN (hamachi), doesn't give the msg, but it goes funny... I don't die suddenly, but I see him jump soooooo much even with 80 ping (I play online I get about 200 ping and it's ALOT less jumpy), and then I get in a passenger in a car, he drives, the vehicle won't move for me. crazy_o.gif

EDIT: Also I noticed, he could see me looking at the sky while I'm looking at him. It's crazy... whistle.gif